Sign in to follow this  
Commonplace

Sweat

Do you like the blurry vision (sweat)?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the blurry vision (sweat)?

• Yes
    • No

This.

The only complaint I have with the vanilla system is that you get very tired after a 50m run :/.

The ACE system fixes that.

Lol yeah you just collapse after a 50 meter run. :lol:

Why not to connect this effects to environment settings such as air temperature, humidity, altitude.

Sweat = Annoying blur\DOF\saturation when tired\supressed.

I like that effect very much.

The blurryness is ok to some extend. Not so much for fatigue though, i don't need blur to tell me i got sweat on my balls. There are better ways to do this imo. I've seen some good suggestions in this thread already.

ArmA 2 added sweat to the game, means not only is your aim shaky when exercising, your screen turns blurry as well.

Evem after 'relatively' short sprints, your characters vision starts to blur, but we

have to keep in mind that he has a lot of weight worth of equipment on him.

hrmm....something tells me that you never exercise

Leave the game as it is.

Add a Hanky, you have to stop to dry.. while blinding the eyes for 3/5 secs.

Might be funny in PvP.:eek:

No. I already dislike the shaking of your weapon after running. When I run and pick up an object and point it at something, my aim is not all messed up like it is in game, in fact its the same as if I had not run before hand...

No. I already dislike the shaking of your weapon after running. When I run and pick up an object and point it at something, my aim is not all messed up like it is in game, in fact its the same as if I had not run before hand...

So, you're saying it should be possible to sprint 500m in full gear, then immediately pop off some split second headshots?

So, you're saying it should be possible to sprint 500m in full gear, then immediately pop off some split second headshots?

Who can sprint 500M in FULL gear, then pop off a headshot in a split second? What I am stating is that when I go and run 10+ miles at 10minute per mile, and try to aim something that weighs the same as a rifle, my aim is NOT messed up like it is in game... No I am not wearing full gear, obviously... Yes, there are SMALL effects to my aim, but nothing I cannot compensate for... In game, I have to wait for my guy to catch his breath before I can aim accurately, after only jogging NOT sprinting half a mile.... Sometimes even for just a quarter of a mile... So unless the average soldier is in worse shape then I am, I see this as WAY unrealistic.

EDIT:

Did some testing on utes with the standard USMC rifleman on the run way... After jogging 100m there is a slight movement of the rifle while standing, and almost no movement when in prone. After 400m there is very noticeable movement of the rifle while standing, and very little movement of the rifle while in prone. After 600m there is a lot of movement of the rifle while standing, and noticeable movement while prone. After 800m is about the same as 600m... Jogging 150m has roughly the same effects as sprinting 100m...

Edited by 5LEvEN

Who can sprint 500M in FULL gear, then pop off a headshot in a split second? What I am stating is that when I go and run 10+ miles at 10minute per mile, and try to aim something that weighs the same as a rifle, my aim is NOT messed up like it is in game... No I am not wearing full gear, obviously... Yes, there are SMALL effects to my aim, but nothing I cannot compensate for... In game, I have to wait for my guy to catch his breath before I can aim accurately, after only jogging NOT sprinting half a mile.... Sometimes even for just a quarter of a mile... So unless the average soldier is in worse shape then I am, I see this as WAY unrealistic.

Just saying... ;)

You weren't that specific in the original post. It sounded like "my aim should not shake after running, period". There is of course a distinction between jogging and sprinting, but both should carry some kind of penalty.

Also, I don't agree that aiming a rifle is as simple as just pointing "something of similar weight" in a certain direction. On a rifle you have to line up the sights, which becomes more difficult when you're not entirely at rest. This is what aim shaking is intended to simulate. It's not perfect, but does the job.

Just saying... ;)

You weren't that specific in the original post. It sounded like "my aim should not shake after running, period". There is of course a distinction between jogging and sprinting, but both should carry some kind of penalty.

Also, I don't agree that aiming a rifle is as simple as just pointing "something of similar weight" in a certain direction. On a rifle you have to line up the sights, which becomes more difficult when you're not entirely at rest. This is what aim shaking is intended to simulate. It's not perfect, but does the job.

Allow me to be more specific this time :) . I was aiming a WE Scar GBB, yes I even used iron sights... Google it if you do not know what it is... I understand the difference between aiming say a piece of metal, and a rifle... Also it is very very rare for me to have a rifle in arma without at least a red dot... So I almost never use iron sights in game...

Allow me to be more specific this time :) . I was aiming a WE Scar GBB, yes I even used iron sights... Google it if you do not know what it is... I understand the difference between aiming say a piece of metal, and a rifle... Also it is very very rare for me to have a rifle in arma without at least a red dot... So I almost never use iron sights in game...

Okay... your point still isn't clear though. How do you suggest aiming inaccuracy should be tweaked? How long should a player be allowed to jog, in your opinion, without losing aiming accuracy? Indefinitely?

Edited by MadDogX

It would be nice if the soldiers endurance was a tad more, it doesn't take long at all for them to run out of breath in A2, I think the soldiers in OFP could run for longer distances before having to stop for a breather.

It would be nice if the soldiers endurance was a tad more, it doesn't take long at all for them to run out of breath in A2, I think the soldiers in OFP could run for longer distances before having to stop for a breather.

I don't think a little tweaking could hurt. :)

Also, instead of the heavy shaking, where the entire rifle appears to swing around, perhaps it would be better if the rifle was simply misaligned, causing the aim to be off in a more subtle way.

5LEvEN unless you have done that in combat, I seriously advise you to not argue about this.

Sure, it's not that hard to believe you can do that, anyone in partially good shape can, but try it in combat with full gear (Huge difference.) also having the stress of comrades dying or you getting killed.

Visual sweat on peoples faces would be cool. So would like water drops or a splash as you came out the water... just like ACE when you get shot and you see blood splatter. But, stinging your eyes? Doing exercise to sweat to get your eyes stung? This isn't a feature, it's crazy.

Except soldiers in OFP can maintain full speed for 1000s of kms and never ever slow down.

And yeah soldier getting tired with aim shake is fine as it is now (considering full gear). It isn't like you can't hit anything, it's just harder to do so when it comes to millimeter precision.

5LEvEN unless you have done that in combat, I seriously advise you to not argue about this.

Sure, it's not that hard to believe you can do that, anyone in partially good shape can, but try it in combat with full gear (Huge difference.) also having the stress of comrades dying or you getting killed.

Yes, I could understand if my guy was being shot at (which already effects accuracy in game), but I am talking about when I jog to an objective and manage to get the drop on the enemy. They have not seen me yet, and no bullets have been fired. I am talking about outside and before combat. So unless arma is just trying to simulate my guy being scared... It needs to be tweaked down a little...

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

Okay... your point still isn't clear though. How do you suggest aiming inaccuracy should be tweaked? How long should a player be allowed to jog, in your opinion, without losing aiming accuracy? Indefinitely?

I don't know anyone that can run forever, and not have to stop for a break, especially in full gear. I think after running x miles your guy should have to stop for a break, or slow down to walking pace. Obviously if your guy takes fire during this break period, he should be able to run to cover, as in real life I am not going to stand there and get shot... The current system is fine, it just needs to be tweaked down a little, and to have things like adrenaline and having to stop for breaks added... As of right now I have yet to find a distance that forces my guy to stop for a break... It also appears that after 1600m my aim does not get any worse in game... So I could jog for 5000m and my aim would be the same in the game... I do not know how long there limit should be, as I do not know the average soldiers limits, I only know mine and some of my friends...

You can't sprint forever in arma 2 but can jog for ages, this is fine. I could jog that long if i wanted to, not in full gear I am not that fit, but many friends of mine who have done basic training will tell you that after the PTs they put you through each day you will be able to run for hours.

Remember that while when us civs run we don't have combat gear and rucksacks, the soliders who wear them all train extensivly with combat gear and rucksacks.

The accuracy is quite good now, you try taking an accuracte shot or even hold you weapon marginally stil after a run. It's hard enough when you aren't tired if you haven't got something to lay your weapon onto.

The accuracy is quite good now, you try taking an accuracte shot or even hold you weapon marginally stil after a run. It's hard enough when you aren't tired if you haven't got something to lay your weapon onto.

I have... So unless I am the rare exception...

I believe the effect is to simulate your eyes tearing-up from exertion/exhaustion; not sweat. If/when I sweat and it gets into my eyes I wear something on my head like a bandana to keep it out of my eyes...in other words I don't want this in the game

I don't believe it's to simulate anything - it's just a device to give you a reason not to exhaust yourself ingame.