Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

US Marines

I just had a thought about something... about the 'Not being able to access other's rucksack'. Is the other player's rucksack unlocked for everyone or only Team/Squad? If I remember ACE had it so you can lock out your ruck to other players outside your squad/etc.

Could this be the problem? Unless they removed it that is... I don't know if AI's rucks are locked when they're outside your own squad or not.

But, could that be the cause? Ignore my post if it has already been tested that way or I missed something in a prior post.

STALKER, you may be getting a PM soon with some files to have a look at if I can't figure this out ._.

PM received, diagnostics underway lol :)

Will get back to you as soon as...

EDIT: Well I couldn't isolate the problem, although I can say it's not model related. Either way I have managed to fix it.

You'll need to change what classname you inherit from, at the moment you use USMC_Soldier but I suggest using US_Soldier_Base_EP1, I tested using the updated inheritance in a makeshift PBO and the infantry unit was able to use backpacks while others were wearing them. I tried to isolate what exact line of code was enabling this but didn't find anything that stuck out I'm afraid.

Anyway, yeah so updating to use something like:

class bink_usmc_rifleman : US_Soldier_Base_EP1 {

Fixes the problem as far as I can tell, the only hitch with this being you'll need to add:

faction = USMC;

To keep the infantry appearing under the USMC tab in the editor (at least I think the faction classname is called USMC lol)

Edited by STALKERGB

Thanks a bunch STALKER. Everything is working as it should. Fix working perfectly. Now I'm just going to send this out to a few more testers before I publicly release the fix.

Glad it worked, like I said, I'm still not too sure what exactly causes it to work but well, as long as it does I won't ask too many questions! Look forward to the release :)

Are you able to touch it up a little so when you wear like ACE balaclavas the ears dont stick out? Would be awesome.

Are you able to touch it up a little so when you wear like ACE balaclavas the ears dont stick out? Would be awesome.

This issue is most likely out of my control as my units use the bysta proxy which is the heads that every unit in ArmA2 use..

Alright community. It's been awhile since I've updated these guys, and I know you all have been waiting for them. I spent the better part of my free time at the beginning of the summer fixing the issues on these guys that have been there for awhile, and I'm confident in saying that most (if not all) of the issues that were defined upon release have been fixed. This update is released as is, if there's any minor errors post them in here or on the tracker and I will go about fixing them for a hot fix. This will most likely be the final update for these guys. Unless I get some major motivation, or get more ideas. Anyway... change log is below.

United States Marines v1.2

--------------------------------------

Change Log v1.2:

- Fixed LOD issues.

- Added editor groups (both desert and woodland).

- Fixed AO mapping issues.

- Added proper editor icons for AT and MG guys.

--------------------------------------

Hope you guys all enjoy, the link is below. Mirrors appreciated. I will also update the first post to make this easier for new-comers to the thread. Thanks.

US Marines v1.2

Thanks for the update! One question, I modified your config somewhat a while back and was wondering if you'd like to take a look at it.

EDIT: If you tell me the exact changes to the config, I can update my old one to match the new v1.2, thanks.

Edited by Laqueesha

Will you release new replacement packs as well? Or do we just have to have this update and use the current replacement pack that's out?

Nicely done, I can't play with BIS Marines from the first release of this addon. So will it be brought back to the @ACEX_USNavy?

Can I just ask why so many of them have the NVG "arm" on their helmets? It makes them look kind of strange at night when they use their NVGs and a surplus "arm" is sticking out.

Other than that all I can say is that they're absolutely fantastic, ten times better than the default ones!

Can I just ask why so many of them have the NVG "arm" on their helmets? It makes them look kind of strange at night when they use their NVGs and a surplus "arm" is sticking out.

Other than that all I can say is that they're absolutely fantastic, ten times better than the default ones!

I never encountered your problem. If there is a NVG mounted on their helmets, you'd better check your profile to see if a NVG has been pre-defined.

It's not the NVG itself, it's the arm that they're attached on. I think it's the Rifleman and a few others that have that.

Hi, one thing that i'd always missed on the BIS units aswell on the addon ones... are working 'cat eyes' on their helmets, up to 75 or 100m, also working IFF/Relective patches/tabs on the shoulders or backpacks too; i think that this Marines will be better with 'em, on a future update. Let's C ya

really love these units. would be great if some of them wore some coyote gloves.

@wipman

It's definitely a possibility. Not sure if I will update these guys again though, but it's still floating around in my head.

@Volsukh

That is up to the ACEX guys. They were the ones who removed them due to some members of the community didn't like them in US Navy for different reasons. I suppose if they want them back they will ask for them again.

@HFTB

What exactly do you mean by "Coyote" gloves? NOMEX flight? Hatch? Currently some of the Marines weare NOMEX OD Flight gloves and a few wear the Oakley SI assault gloves.

Edited by Binkowski

I'm really enjoying playing those units, becuase those marines looks very fresh and the details of models are awesome. Thank you for your job.