Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

US Marines

Sorry for the double post, but I am currently working on a new version to get to you guys.

Rough change log.

- Editor groups.

- Proper map icons for AT soldiers and MG guys.

- Fixing dark area's in-between legs on soldiers.

- ACE config removing anything on the soldier's backs, to run when you are using ace_sys_ruck.

- Some other stuffs.

Hope you guys enjoy.

Nice! Looking forward to it.

Binkowski I can't seem to access other players backpacks while using the USMC Woodland units. Haven't been able to test with the Desert variants but I was wondering if you could reproduce this on your end.

And by access other players' backpacks, I mean getting the action to "Open Pack" while near another player wearing one.

Thanks for letting me know zuff. I tested it out and I'm getting the same problem. It's most likely an issue with my backpacks that come with the Marines. I believe I had this same problem with the US Infantry guys that I released. I'll look into it and see if there's a fix somewhere.

Not exactly sure what that error is. Could you be more specific so I can address the issue?

The pocket is on the back of the armour. I think you had these problems with many other models which you fixed - the issue was that pockets were rotated like 90 degrees. And indeed I think when you play with that unit you can see that he has some pockets that should be at the front on his side.

Thanks for letting me know zuff. I tested it out and I'm getting the same problem. It's most likely an issue with my backpacks that come with the Marines. I believe I had this same problem with the US Infantry guys that I released. I'll look into it and see if there's a fix somewhere.

I was getting this problem with using default OA backpacks, I didn't even know your usmc units came with backpacks

Alright then that is a problem with my units. I'll look into it, and hopefully will find a fix.

I was getting this problem with using default OA backpacks, I didn't even know your usmc units came with backpacks

+1, the US Marine and US Infantry 2005 has the same problem, any backback(including BIS backpacks) on their back will pop up and pop out from some distance.

+1, the US Marine and US Infantry 2005 has the same problem, any backback(including BIS backpacks) on their back will pop up and pop out from some distance.

Sounds like a missing backpack proxy issue on some of the LODs, although I'm sure Bink would know that anyways :)

Nah, it happens with the US Marine inf though I think its well known to do that anyway.

Nah, it happens with the US Marine inf though I think its well known to do that anyway.

Do you mean vanilla USMC? Because if so, they don't support backpacks period.

US Army (Operation Arrowhead infantry) support backpacks and can access other units backpacks too.

Seems to be a recurring issue with my guys. As STALKER said I must be missing a proxy somewhere. If that doesn't fix the issue then my best guess is it might be a point in the memory LOD. Since the backpack models require a point on the memory LOD. I'll do some troubleshooting and see what I can find.

Do you mean vanilla USMC? Because if so, they don't support backpacks period.

US Army (Operation Arrowhead infantry) support backpacks and can access other units backpacks too.

No bink's marines I'm talking about, but as he says above, he seems on the issue so I look forward to any results in the future ;). Love the models.

Alright, I've hit a bit of a stump. Regarding the backpacks on the Marines and not being able to access them. Currently, you cannot access them when they are alive.. but if they are dead you can. I can't seem to figure out how to get it to where you can access them while they are alive. If anyone has any ideas or thoughts, please let me know. Really, that's all that is holding me from releasing the update.

Could you Dropbox me the source? I'll take a look and I know some one else who can take a shot at it as well.

Whats in the new update? All I want is the bag sway away from the body for backpacks and Im happy as can be ;)

JKing.. Here is a rough changelog.. it's mainly stuff guys have reported to me but I never got around to fixing until now.

Rough change log.

- Editor groups.

- Proper map icons for AT soldiers and MG guys.

- Fixing dark area's in-between legs on soldiers.

- ACE config removing anything on the soldier's backs, to run when you are using ace_sys_ruck.

- Some other stuffs.

Alright, I've hit a bit of a stump. Regarding the backpacks on the Marines and not being able to access them. Currently, you cannot access them when they are alive.. but if they are dead you can. I can't seem to figure out how to get it to where you can access them while they are alive. If anyone has any ideas or thoughts, please let me know. Really, that's all that is holding me from releasing the update.

By "access when they are alive" do you mean if you have it on your back and go into the gear menu you can't access it? Or that if you place a rucksack on the floor in the editor, you can't interact with it?

For me I can't access other units backpacks as long as they have it on their backs. When they drop em or die, backpacks are fully accesable.

To make it more weird I have no problem accessing backpacks when playing SP missions, this happens only in editor. It's true also for replacement, so it likely model, not config issue.

Edited by boota

For me I can't access other units backpacks as long as they have it on their backs. When they drop em or die, backpacks is fully accesable.

To make it more weird I have no problem accessing backpacks when playing SP missions, this happens only in editor. It's true also for replacement, so it likely model, not config issue.

Hmm, I just had a quick test and it's fine for a default BIS unit (like the US rifleman) to open one of Bink's backpacks while it is being worn by another soldier (test with Bink's Engineer with the ILBE). If you play as Bink's soldier's though you don't seem to have the option. Although I don't have access to his latest model (still got the one I weighted aaggggesss ago) a quick comparison showed no major differences between his and my Brit troops (which were able to open while on another unit).

I'd suggest that maybe he is missing a language from the IdentityTypes[] = {}; config line. might be worth making sure it looks like:

identityTypes[] = {"Language_EN_EP1", "Head_USMC"};

or something similar...

Alright here's some progress on the issue. I went into the config and added the following IdentityTypes as they were missing..

"Language_EN_EP1", "USMC_Glasses"

But the issue still exists. I believe it has something to do with the models of the units, or still something with the config. Because when I spawn as a US Army soldier, I can access the bags on the Marines. But when I'm one of the Marines I cannot access them (unless they are dead of course).

STALKER, you may be getting a PM soon with some files to have a look at if I can't figure this out ._.