Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

US Marines

Currently they are all wearing MICH2000s. I think I'll leave it that way, judging by refernce pictures I don't see too many (IF any) MICH2001s / 2002s.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?167027-The-United-States-Marine-Corps&p=6472363&viewfull=1#post6472363

Even the most recent pictures and videos only show MICH2000s...I've never seen Force Recon with anything else either...

And I really hope you keep those sleeves down/long too, like your original marines :)

In the latest MARSOC recruiting video you see nothing but MICH2000's and Ops Core FAST helmets.....

MARSOC is not the same as Force Recon, they also have Block II M4s with RIS II rails etc while Force Recon doesn't because it is not part of SOCOM like MARSOC is.

There is already an excellent MARSOC mod based on binks marines with both MICH2000s and Ops Core helmets:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?121991-MARSOC-Marine-Special-Operations-Team

Here's hoping the problem with the back will be fixed, just note how back armor gets distorted down - especially when the soldier is standing. Obviously not as well seen with a backpack or camelbak

Maybe vertices were connected in a wrong way to bones?

Here's hoping the problem with the back will be fixed, just note how back armor gets distorted down - especially when the soldier is standing. Obviously not as well seen with a backpack or camelbak

Maybe vertices were connected in a wrong way to bones?

It's actually a weighing issue, I'm working on sorting it out as well as weighing a few other models I have from the ground up. I'm still learning all the ins and outs of weighing characters properly.

Regarding helmets. I haven't jumped on the OPSCORE helmet bandwagon yet, because quite frankly I don't have any that are decently made and UV mapped properly. Especially with the rails. Maybe I will work on them, maybe not. But with ArmA3 fast approaching I can't justify spending the time to put something into ArmA2 when a new game is coming around the corner. This is subject to change, but it's just my thought on the matter at the moment.

Regarding helmets. I haven't jumped on the OPSCORE helmet bandwagon yet, because quite frankly I don't have any that are decently made and UV mapped properly. Especially with the rails. Maybe I will work on them, maybe not. But with ArmA3 fast approaching I can't justify spending the time to put something into ArmA2 when a new game is coming around the corner. This is subject to change, but it's just my thought on the matter at the moment.

There's already a very good addon with MARSOC marines (meatball) and OPS CORE helmets anyway...more simple/regular Force Recon units with classic MICH2000s only would be just fine, I'm really glad you decided to do them, thanks for all your hard work! :)

There's already a very good addon with MARSOC marines (meatball) and OPS CORE helmets anyway...more simple/regular Force Recon units with classic MICH2000s only would be just fine, I'm really glad you decided to do them, thanks for all your hard work! :)

Yeah, that's thanks to Binkowski. Notice the similarities between Bink's Marines and Meatball's MARSOC? Meatball's units are Bink's units with more stuff. But I do agree, it'd be nice to just have Force Recon units without all the tacticool stuff.

Thumbs up, pal!

By the way, Mr.Binkowsk, could you give an update for the US Army 2005, they look great, I love them, but there is bug on their helmet, which gonna disappear from certain distance away. For example, if I stay 100m away from them, all those guy's heads are bald.

Edited by Lao Fei Mao

Yeah, that's thanks to Binkowski. Notice the similarities between Bink's Marines and Meatball's MARSOC? Meatball's units are Bink's units with more stuff. But I do agree, it'd be nice to just have Force Recon units without all the tacticool stuff.

I know, I already mentioned this in a prior post...

@Bink

Looks awesome! Can't wait...

Thanks for all the comments, they are almost ready for release. There's just a few minor nit-picky things that need to be sorted out before they are released.

Also, I may revisit the 2005 guys and do a small quick update to them. They are quite old but still need an update.

It's actually a weighing issue, I'm working on sorting it out as well as weighing a few other models I have from the ground up. I'm still learning all the ins and outs of weighing characters properly.

Maybe you can start doing these models with arma3 in mind too then? Like more detail, higher res textures (didn't hurt russian forces mod from RHS). When ArmA3 comes out it's guaranteed that many people will want a modern set of units, not futuristic what-if (me included)

Wooa :D

Nice job there Bink they look so awesome, I'm really looking forward to see these :D

Keep it up!

Judging by the latest press reveals as of right now I won't be continuing modding for ArmA3 (this may change if they decide not to use steamworkshop). I may release one or two more addons for ArmA2 publicly and that will be it.

Regarding the weapons, they will be armed with default weapons for accessibility to everyone. If anyone wishes to make another weapon config for them they can.

It's a real shame to hear that Bink, but you have to do what is best for you, not anyone else. I for one respect your decision. I myself don't know what to do with this Steam news. I may bow out from getting ArmAIII.

Regarding the weapons, they will be armed with default weapons for accessibility to everyone. If anyone wishes to make another weapon config for them they can.

I have made a custom config using OA/RH weapons, and with new units added. I need some help putting it up here, though.

It's a real shame to hear that Bink, but you have to do what is best for you, not anyone else. I for one respect your decision. I myself don't know what to do with this Steam news. I may bow out from getting ArmAIII.

Thanks for respecting my decision. Again it's not final, maybe if they decide not to use the Steamworkshop then I may be back.

Also, get with me on Skype / Steam Laqueesha and we'll talk about it.

Thanks for respecting my decision. Again it's not final, maybe if they decide not to use the Steamworkshop then I may be back.

I'm sure you'll come around.

What's so wrong with Steam workshop? And so far there was no indication that mods will be Steam-exclusive, just the game itself.

What if it is possible to distribute/install mods without the steamworkshop?