Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

US Marines

Hey man,

Just got the auto reply from your tracker telling me the problem had been fixed. Have you updated the download already or will the next version be released at a later date? Was just a little unsure whether it was just the autoresponse chatting rubbish.

i've fixed the mirror on the first page. not sure if armaholic has updated it yet (doubt it, seeing as i pm'd big and he hasn't responded today). just head to the first page and download from there, that is the latest, fixed version.

I think bumpmapping texture needs improvement.

On BIS marines fabric folds are much better seen so clothes look like they are made out of... ughh.. fabric. Same effect like on that photo on the previous page.

Right now on these marines stuff looks too "flat" or something.

I think improving that detail will be a nice touch.

I actually think these marines look a lot less "flat" and a lot more fabric-y than the BIS-marines, I always thought the BIS-marines looked a bit.. plastic, especially the vests.

exactly. :( - about pouches. but vests are good . giving more pouches, and holsters (photos from Afghanistan) will make them better.

Edited by 1986Marek

BIS just took bumpmapping a bit too far - I agree about vests

Still some more fabric folds would make them look better.

Great update Bink!!!Your work is superb as always!

Automatic rifleman (M27) makes my game crash.

i've fixed the mirror on the first page. not sure if armaholic has updated it yet (doubt it, seeing as i pm'd big and he hasn't responded today). just head to the first page and download from there, that is the latest, fixed version.

I have no idea neither, just to be sure I have updated our mirror with the version linked in your first post ;)

Updated release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

thanks foxhound, mirror updated on the first page. regarding the toned down bump mapping on these guys. personally, i don't like the super bumped units in arma2 default. i don't like the crazy shine and glare. the other guys who worked on this project had the same thoughts as me on that subject. sorry i don't like to have battle call of field warfare modern 2342 realistic war scenario bump mapping.

textures are great, so bump mapping is not necessary.but like i said before, more "heavier" marines looks better.

i'm the only one crashing using the "automatic rifleman m27"?

i'm the only one crashing using the "automatic rifleman m27"?

there shouldn't be any game breaking issues like that. i don't have an "automatic rifleman m27". try to run the game with only my marines and see if the problem still exists.

there shouldn't be any game breaking issues like that. i don't have an "automatic rifleman m27". try to run the game with only my marines and see if the problem still exists.

Thanx Bink!!

Now i'm a bit confused! I can't imagine why in the editor i have that kind of troop if it isn't part of your addon!

After some more playing around with them I think I like them more than BIS ones (or maybe I'm just tired of original USMC)

What they need now is groups and ACE config...

Why would they need groups if they replace the original woodland ones? Desert ones I could understand but...

They do if you use a replacement pack, such as the one I made on page 12. It should work fine with 1.1 unless the model names were changed.

I have only made one for Vanilla. I´m not familiar with the ACE Config stuff till now. Still learning.. ;)

They do if you use a replacement pack, such as the one I made on page 12. It should work fine with 1.1 unless the model names were changed.

What if I don't want to use/force people to use the replacement pack?

Replacement packs are optional by nature. In fact, that's the entire purpose of a replacement pack. They're certainly less intrusive than forcing someone to have a certain addon to even load your mission, but if you don't like them for some reason, that's your call. I suppose you could just put down the default USMC groups and change all the units to the ones from this addon.

Hi, for what i remember of my ArmA's M4s pack, if you (the mission maker) use a poorly made replacement pack (one that writes the addon that have replaced whatever, on the mission.cfg under the Addons and AddOnsAuto sections) then anyone that wants to play the mission made with the replacements 'activated' will need to have 'em to or he/she couldn't play the mission.

Aside of that... many if not most, public servers, don't allow you to use/join with addons and this goes for the replacements too; overall when they're not signed. That's why i'd signed the replacements that i'd gave with my M4s for the ArmA, to minimize as much as i could to be kicked for have unsigned files/pbo's on my mod folders when joining a MP game, overall playing on random public servers.

This units look great aside of the minor bugs that i've readed about, made me think in reinstall the damn OA just to try 'em because they look really well. Let's C ya