Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

US Marines

i'll be sure to look into that McNools.

Good to hear! I guess it could have something to do with conflicting classnames or something. I use combined operations too by the way. I might be able to try starting the game with all other addons disabled and see if that works, if I get time this weekend. Looking forward to being able to use the units, they look great. :)

Edit: I tried the game with almost all of my unit-related addons disabled, but still didn't get any units ingame. However, when I start the game I get a message saying "Addon Bink_USMC requires version 1.57 of application". Errors like these usually don't seem to affect the addons I have, but maybe it's something related to that? I THOUGHT I had the latest patch, but I'm not sure. Maybe I should try updating.

Edit again: Funnily enough, updating to the latest version did help, they show up ingame now. Whoops.

(they are bloody amazing by the way)

Edited by McNools

just an update on the dudes. i've fixed most of the issues that have been reported. including shadow bugs, crashes, and the backpack issue. also some minor stuff has been changed and fixed. expect an updated version soon.

Great news Bink! Looking forward to the update. :) Any plans on adding more off-duty marines by the way? with no equipment and just a tshirt (well, not JUST tshirt, pants too of course) etc. To use in bases (and during unexpected attacks on these). Unless there's too much problems and work with models.

Have you also fixed the disappearing helmet on the Corpsman ?

It's gone when you look at the soldier from a distance.

This (it appears to be on mutliple infantry units in the game, not just Bink's Marines), and at a distance, rocket launcher-equipped infantry have their arms out to port and starboard like the T-1000 from Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

that would be a lod issue. and i'll fix it. even though you didn't report it on my tracker.

Great news bink! Love your USMC guys and it will be great to see them in their new, bugless glory. As a rather unexpirienced and newbie 3D modeller myself, I know the sheer ammount of time and effort it takes to create just one model, and every single time you do an amazing job.

So kudo's to you sir, more excellent work :) Can't wait to see whats coming down the line next!

Good stuff bink, I have the replacement pack for these guys. If you need any references just give me a shout.

Will there be any major config changes in the update? The reason why I'm asking is because I have a custom config that I have for personal use and I don't want to have to start over again. If there are, that's fine. ;)

Cheers.

Edited by Laqueesha

Will there be any major config changes in the update? The reason why I'm asking is because I have a custom config that I have for personal use and I don't want to have to start over again. If there are, that's fine. ;)

Cheers.

Ha, ha. I know exactly what you speak of. I guess you have to give it a try. My advice: leave the original file like it is and write your config and put it in a seperate pbo file. Of course you have to change it if paths to models or names change.

no, i haven't changed the config. at all. other than adding a javelin guy, and a stinger guy. as per W0lle's request.

so, these aren't dead. because here's update version 1.1, the long and awaited one. i've fixed most, if not all of the issues. but probably created loads more. but oh well, maybe everyone can enjoy these now. instead of angry criticism.

United States Marines v1.1

--------------------------------------

Change Log:

- Fixed AT crashing issues.

- Fixed Corpsman LOD issues.

- Fixed arm stretching in lower LODs.

- Fixed hand texture issues on RTO.

- Fixed viewpilot LOD texture issues on Squad Leader.

- Fixed the backpack carrying issue that some units had.

- Added NVGs to all units, for some reason this was missed lol.

- Added Javelin Soldier.

- Added AA Soldier.

- Changed NVGs from PVS7's to PVS14's. (DaSquade's)

--------------------------------------

that's the changelog, and the mirror is below for the latest guys. i'll update the first post as well. happy hunting.

US Marines v1.1 (fixed)

Edited by Binkowski

With 1.1 I get an error message which says "cannot load texture bink_sf/data/18a_co.paa" (I'm running ACE if that's of any help)

Edited by metalcraze

With 1.1 I get an error message which says "cannot load texture bink_sf/data/18a_co.paa" (I'm running ACE if that's of any help)

ah fuck! well i fixed it. turns out the proxy i used was uv'd to a texture and rvmat. for the lols. now i just feel stupid. below is the fixed version, and i've fixed all the other links.

US Marines v1.1 (fixed)

While you are at it can you also improve soldier icons in the editor?

Right now AT gunners and MGs have the same icon as riflemen.

yo bink i hope you finlly fixed that multiple side SAPI plate bug plaguing ur units turns them from a 10.5/10 to a 0 so fix it FUCK

Some soldiers (like the squadleader in this screenshot), if not all, have a neck bug when rotating the head - neck becomes too thin

25j9mjd.jpg

Another bug - when slowly moving sideways you can see hump growing near marine's neck

Edited by metalcraze