Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

US Marines

Nice units mate. RTO unit cant carry a backpack though, shame this since the model doesnt have one modelled on.

Yeah, Binkowski said that some units cannot wear backpacks; this was an intentional decision on his part.

Yeah, Binkowski said that some units cannot wear backpacks; this was an intentional decision on his part.

Same as the BIS unit's if I'm not mistaken, units like medics and engineers might be "forced" to have a particular model as they would be expected to carry particular equipment in real life in their rucksack

Sorry about the delayed reply. I've been really busy but I finally purchased myself a laptop that I can use on this four day pass that I have. Sorry that some of the units have issues, I guess I pushed them out too quick before I left to :(. I can't access my files from this computer, so it's going to have to wait until September for a fix..

Love the units.

And the note you left for the overly curious. :o

Thanks!

(P.S. with permission, naturally, and at least a little interest I could do a Robert Hammer weapons config for these guys - released as a separate .pbo naturally... any takers?)

i don't have a problem with someone making a weapon config for these guys. as long as credit is given where credit is due.

i don't have a problem with someone making a weapon config for these guys. as long as credit is given where credit is due.

I've edited some of your configs (weapon and unit) for personal use, but I might upload them somewhere if you permit. Don't worry, I'll give full credit. ;)

Edited by Laqueesha

yes, these units have issues. mainly because i pushed them out really fast before i left. because like 90% of the community wanted them released and couldn't wait. and now, the guys who were complaining about getting them, are complaining about issues with them. you can just never do something good in this community can you?

yes, these units have issues. mainly because i pushed them out really fast before i left. because like 90% of the community wanted them released and couldn't wait. and now, the guys who were complaining about getting them, are complaining about issues with them. you can just never do something good in this community can you?

All the while, shittily pumped-out addons (I won't name names here) are getting praised non-stop while decent ones that have been worked diligently on by its creators' are denigrated. :rolleyes:

Thanks a bunch. Seriously all I'm waiting for is someone to say "Hey I'd like to see these dudes with RobertHammer's weapons" and I'll .bisign my config .pbo and upload it.

Can you describe what advantages these marines have over AA2's ones?

AA2's ones already can carry backpacks with ACE and they seem to look better.

These can carry backpacks without ACE.

And they are made by a (team of) long-term community member(s).

Also they look awesome.

Can you describe what advantages these marines have over AA2's ones?

AA2's ones already can carry backpacks with ACE and they seem to look better.

Uh. Quality wise, these are at LEAST equal to the A2 marines. They are also more accurate to what real life Marines are equipped with right now, I would guess. The textures are also of a higher quality than those of the A2 default Marines... and some minor weighting glitches aside (the only one I really notice is the spikes on the back top of the shoulder pockets), these are extremely well modelled.

For being completely free, these are pretty much superior to A2s default Marines.

The issues are miniscule compared to what these really are, accurately modelled, diverse and high quality Units. I really respect the effort you and the other people who helped with these put into them. Might not be much, but I really do thank you for these. They´re a wonderful addition to my box-o-toys.

And as far as the complaining goes, people generally do tend not to be able to appreciate what kind of effort such craftwork and artwork takes.

Edited by InstaGoat

Thanks. Well I guess I'll keep an eye on this mod when those glitches will get fixed.

thank you InstaGoat. good to hear that people are enjoying these.

Thanks a bunch. Seriously all I'm waiting for is someone to say "Hey I'd like to see these dudes with RobertHammer's weapons" and I'll .bisign my config .pbo and upload it.

Hey, I'd like to see these dudes with RobertHammer's weapons!

Seriously, if everyone approves and you have the time, I think they would be welcomed.

I assume these have working thermal textures for OA? If yes, this alone makes them superior to A2's marines :)

yes these do have thermal maps from OA, all be it they aren't perfect by any means (another thing that i need to do in the update) but yes, currently there are working TI maps, instead of those ones on the default marines where they are just white hot.

Didn't have time to test the binarized and signed version, but here you go: Download (Multiupload)

You'll need the latest version of RobertHammer's M4's, Mk.18's, HK416's and Pistols.

Let me know if there's any issues or if you can think of other loadouts.

Hey, I'd like to see these dudes with RobertHammer's weapons! Seriously, if everyone approves and you have the time, I think they would be welcomed.

I might make two configs, one with default BIS weapons and the other with RH weapons pack. ;)

Heh thanks Goss.

Laqueesha feel free to modify mine if you'd like and re-release it I really don't mind. :)

Didn't have time to test the binarized and signed version, but here you go: Download (Multiupload)

You'll need the latest version of RobertHammer's M4's, Mk.18's, HK416's and Pistols.

Hi does this config just equip the units with RH weapons or does it replace default in game units with marines also?

It should only give Binkowski's Marines RH weapons.

If you want the default units to use RH weapons PM me as I do have a config for them as well I could sign and release. Just don't need to clutter up this thread with another addon.

Thanks for putting this up.