Sign in to follow this  
jonneymendoza

E3 - Arma 3?

cooldown time so true, because of the exitement i forgot to kiss my children goodnight, ahh they can have an arma-lollipop tomorrow... :)

off topic:

Mine have a grenade full of chocolate bits each night. They pull the pin and *BOOM*.

My inspiration:

Flash bang chocolate grenade: This grenade explodes by blinding you of chocolate. Your face is full of chocolate and you can't do something to remove it; it disappears after a while. Like the regular flashbang, blinding time depends of how close you were. And also, instead of having a white screen when you are blind, it would be a brown one.

Frag Easter egg: This grenade would look like a real Easter egg (see below). It explodes and makes damage like all the other grenades. Damage maybe between the M67 and the M69 Frag.

oeufs%20de%20p%C3%A2ques.jpg

Back on topic!! :p

Nice video PurePassion, thanks for sharing it. So every house will be enterable, render-to-texture? SOLD :D

Wow this was so awesome!!! :D

MoS thanks man for pointing at this possibility, thanks guys for asking the gamespot guy to check it out and thanks to Bohemia for showing it. Nice. Mission accomplished!

I must say iam looking forward to all three titles, not just ArmA 3. :yay:

Especially Carrier Command suprised me, seems to be a interesting mix of FPS and Strategy.

They certainly deserve it as all three looked good in their own rights.

exactly!

thats why i didnt want to mash it up with arma 3

oh and the

for now ;) still excited^^

yes i was also suprised by CC it looks very promising!

I want a t-shirt !!! please !!!!!!!!!!!

really grat presentation for all games !

Oooooh Mulle, that is awesome, thx so much :)

The water, the physics, the landscape and esp the diving action is simply awesome!

Finally some underwater action - and not possible in other games atm. This is something really unique.

@BIS: what were the system specs of the machine running the e3 demo?

Edited by ])rStrangelove

)rStrangelove;1950387']@BIS: what were the system specs of the machine running the e3 demo?

I was asking myself the same question. :)

What does CRG stand for? I saw it on E3 live cam where it shows a bit detail on scott miller, CRG is suppose to be the unit where he belongs, but I've never heard of it before.

when asked about say freeroaming, and Ivan said they we´re still working on it, does that mean that maybe we could have loading screen in between each part of the island? , wich would be no good.

My english hearing sucks so bad that maybe i got just confused :butbut:

when asked about say freeroaming, and Ivan said they we´re still working on it, does that mean that maybe we could have loading screen in between each part of the island? , wich would be no good.

We already have freeroaming, and Ivan also said that no features are ever be removed once in :)

I believe he was mainly talking about the campaign, since much of what he said was related to the mission design. ("We'll try to make the missions cover a large area, etc.").

Loading screens are something you might expect from a console version, if one ever came, but not from an advanced, still PC-exclusive version of the RV engine.

EDIT: Also, what DMarkwick said. Ninjas everywhere... *grumble*

We already have freeroaming, and Ivan also said that no features are ever be removed once in :)

That's actually not really true. Civ talk was removed and never came back.

Same goes for tank cockpits since AA1

Just a few question to BIS or some E3/bunker spy:

After years of intense warfare against Eastern armies, Europe has become the last stand for the battered NATO forces...
Time of the setting/campaign?

Why there is such a world war?

Which countries are in "Eastern armies" and "NATO"?

Do all A3 factions have a believable size, equipment and support (vehicles, aircrafts, boats)?

Why Southern Europe and not Northern Europe?

How much more is the AI improved/developed in A3?

How stable+good is/will be the A3 MP netcode?

<snip>

:)

That's actually not really true. Civ talk was removed and never came back.

Same goes for tank cockpits since AA1

They come under content, not features :) those things CAN exist - they just don't.

You guys did a great job with the GameSpot lobbying, kudos! :)

I enjoyed the BCD video so much.

In the video he said they aren't removing features yet its a single player only campaign?

Other than that and the graphics looking sketchy the game looks fantastic keep it up and bug free! :D

I'm not disappointed at all to see the campaign's MP compatibility go, if that's the case. :)

I don't know the fact it seems to be more player focused and not full out warfare makes the story more interesting for coop setting were two players roam the island until (I guess) nato invades

In the video he said they aren't removing features yet its a single player only campaign?

Obviously he meant they aren't removing engine features, as in removing capability from the engine. It's quite clear that the content/design will be significantly different though. I'm sure it'd be possible to modify the campaign for MP, but IMO I'm glad they're focusing on a single player campaign without MP holding them back.

Edited by Big Dawg KS

Obviously he meant they aren't removing engine features, as in removing capability from the engine. It's quite clear that the content/design will be significantly different though. I'm sure it'd be possible to modify the campaign for MP, but IMO I'm glad they're focusing on a single player campaign without MP holding them back.

Doesn't bode well for MP itself possibly. If MP is too difficult to get to work for the campaign to the point where they won't even do it, I'm guessing we'll still be running into extensive issues with JIP and synching and what not.

Doesn't bode well for MP itself possibly. If MP is too difficult to get to work for the campaign to the point where they won't even do it, I'm guessing we'll still be running into extensive issues with JIP and synching and what not.

I was thinking more from a design standpoint, not technical limitations. As in there will be missions where you are alone (and good luck making those MP). There have been lots of implications of this.

It isn't like ArmA2's campaigns were playable enough in coop to begin with.

I'd rather wish BIS finally delivered some really SP-focused campaign that will be just as worthwile as CWC was. Obviously I'm more in favour of mission-based campaign structure - but if AA3 campaign will be anything like Resistance/BAF only with more freedom (now that they are doing the campaign about freedom) - I'm all for it.

Whatever it will be though - I hope BIS will not include warfare missions into it which was a huge mistake in Red Harvest

What´d be amazing if the A3 campaign would be like Abandoned Armies: one single big mission, with playing times ranging between 10 and 40 hours. (You can easily take that long in Abandoned Armies).

But in the end, I´d not object to multi-mission campaigns either.