Sign in to follow this  
Dibuk

They better have female soldiers...

Would you like to see women in ArmA 3?  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see women in ArmA 3?

• I would like to see female combat units for each/certain military faction(s)
    • I would prefer only civilian female characters, but with full combat animations/capability
    • I wouldn't mind seeing civilian female characters, but don't care/prefer if they are combat capable
    • I would prefer to see no female characters in ArmA 3 (downgrade from ArmA 2)

It not really the fact that many people want to see some rumps bouncing when soldiers walk. It's more on the side of them saying, "men walk differently".

I'm not to picky on animations and things like that. A model will do fine for me. Although the only thing I can see where time is put into is the voices.

no need, just increase the pitch of ur character and it works perfect,

I was actually really surprised when I first heard a girly voice shouting

"enemy, man, at 50 metres"

That or use the "Amy" voice that was featured in ArmA. And have a feature where players can change some settings on the voices like "How deep the voice box is" and things relating to it.

Almost like giving the ability to make one voice change into 30 different ones by adjusting some "Voice Box" settings with sliders.

BI already has a fully voiced female command set.

It was included in Arma 1, right down at the bottom of the list.

With the amy voice and a custom face you could have a very... burly female character in arma. A bit disturbing in an uncanny valley way.

edit: sorry, didn't read the last post before replying :p

Edited by Gir

I'd love to see them but as part of NATO if I'm correct we're fighting Iranian Military which probably has no female troops what so ever. Also are Chinese forces in the game?

Sorry, I don't mean to derail the thread I just can't find it anywhere.

I'd love to see them but as part of NATO if I'm correct we're fighting Iranian Military which probably has no female troops what so ever.

Actually...

FvBnI.jpg

This group of women are Basiji, the paramilitary militia arm of the revolutionary guard.

1fJpe.jpg

yXxVX.jpg

These ladies are police officers from what I can gather.

I don't expect either would see any combat except in an invasion of Iran, but still, there are more armed women in Iran than in BIS games :p.

Edited by Gir

Nope. But I see where your getting at.

Actually... :) China has been mentioned.

Actually... :) China has been mentioned.

Mentioned yes, but so far no sign of actual units. Unfortunately, I have to add. :)

Perhaps BIS stil have some surprises up their sleeve. :D

Not agree. My wife and I were really pleased when we first hear (at last !) a real female voice for her ingame avatar ! The male voice with high pitch is awfull !! And certainely not realistic. Usually, we have dozen of male characters/soldiers, I think that just 2 or 3 female soldiers (with "good" voice and/or good model) isn't a "excessive" whish. In our Arma team, my wife is one of the "pillar" member, she deserves at least one female character/soldier.

Arma is a combat sim game, how could women have the feeling of immersion if they can't have a "near reality" avatar ? Even if most of the gamers are male... I know at least two "female" players around me. Question : Women don't want to play Arma or male gamers refuse to play with woman ? And don't ask a "male" if a avatar model/voice is satisfying enough, ask a woman !

Your argument, summarized as "It is moral to kill men but not women" only makes sense if you consider women to be children, or I suppose if you consider men to be subhuman, it's all very odd.

You are in a convoy. Suddenly it's attacked. There are several wounded soldiers in the vehicles and scattered in the ground. You are near two of them, and have only a chance to save them. You never met either of them. One is a male and the other is a female, both badly injured. Who to save?

It's not about killing either gender being moral, but how letting a woman die is immoral.

It's easy to say when you are far from it: there's much more emotional appeal in saving the woman, men can't simply ignore it.

So let's bring it to the next level: there are child soldiers all over the world. Would you be confortable shoting a child holding a gun in ARMA3?

Hi, for the year 2025 (and much earlyer) the US armed forces aswell other world's armys plan to assign combat roles to females. The ArmA3 should have female combat units at least on the yankee & EU side not only for be realistic but also to appeal to the female players; allowing 'em to choose to play in MP with the avatar that they want and also to play the SP campaign with a female character; there're other heroins aside the drug; and they're better and kill the same, look at Stalingrad or at the Vietnam war. Let's C ya

but also to appeal to the female players

Oh rite, the tons of female players that are going to play uber-realistic simulator ;)

Operative;2048914']One is a male and the other is a female' date=' both badly injured. Who to save?[/quote']

The one that haves higher chances of survive (the less wounded) or the closer one, this depends on the configuration of the field, coverts, fire direction, gear/weapons at your disposal etc.

Operative;2048914']It's not about killing either gender being moral' date=' but how letting a woman die is immoral.[/quote']

Let a woman die is not inmoral; it's illegal (if it's the only injured soldier) on the armed forces, that's how the rules are. But for nature, you'll feel worst seeing a woman die than a man; you can control that with training.

Operative;2048914']Would you be confortable shoting a child holding a gun in ARMA3?

Yes' date=' if the armed child is a danger for you or your squad you "should" ask him/her to drop the weapon and then detain him/her or let him/her leave if it don't compromises your current mission (this is at your [T.Leader/S.Leader'] discrection, or to the higher/older unit in charge); if he/she don't drops the weapon you "should" make some warning shots and repeat that must drop the weapon, if refuses... shoot him/her to incapacitate him/her. Is much faster/effective to tell him/her to drop the weapon while doing the warning shots and if don't drop it gun him/her down before he/she wounds or kill you or a member of your team or friendly forces in range. This is the law, the orders could be to gun down anything that could be a danger, and an armed person that don't wears your uniform is a danger, overall if points his/her weapon at you, your squad or direction. Let's C ya

Operative;2048914']Would you be confortable shoting a child holding a gun in ARMA3?

Even this could be gracefully portrait if you give the player an alternative option. And you always have at least one alternative: do not make use of your weapon.

Second: who said that every second of a gaming-experience should be comfortable?

Imagine a campaign that has used children only sparingly and only in civil context. And then one mission, you're suddenly faced with a small guy pointing a gun at you...

Games (as a whole) need to finally grow up. Not that the OFP/ArmA franchise hasn't been mature since the very beginning; the original campaign (and also resistance) told a very human and touching story. But these final restrictions need to go nevertheless, so *any* story can be told, in official and user-made campaigns and missions alike.

OFP/ArmA is not only "gaming". It's also a platform to "show and tell", which is the very core of human communication.

You won't see children in a BIS game.

Imagine all the mothers and politicians that would swarm the BIS offices. It would be just what politicians need to distract people from the "Occupy" protests.

:P

And there's videos of men who can't kick doors down also. Point?

I just feel really weird that they have to break their own legs by kicking the door first, if it won't budge then use the C4, why they have to try their own strength to knock things down?

That's why you have tools.... or pay someone else to do it! Employing ex or current kickboxers = way to go.

I'm a bit confused here, Was there any official announcement about, We having the ability to kick down doors?

If there was no said about that officially, then i see no point in discussing women having trouble kicking down doors.

Operative;2048914']You are in a convoy. Suddenly it's attacked. There are several wounded soldiers in the vehicles and scattered in the ground. You are near two of them' date=' and have only a chance to save them. You never met either of them. One is a male and the other is a female, both badly injured. Who to save?[/quote']

IMO, You, don't pick who to save. You just save them. Period! No ands, ifs or buts about it. It doesn't matter who you save, its about how much.

Operative;2048914']

It's not about killing either gender being moral' date=' but how letting a woman die is immoral.[/quote']

Letting a man die is immoral as well...

Operative;2048914']

It's easy to say when you are far from it: there's much more emotional appeal in saving the woman' date=' men can't simply ignore it.[/quote']

Training....

Operative;2048914']

So let's bring it to the next level: there are child soldiers all over the world. Would you be confortable shoting a child holding a gun in ARMA3?

You bringing it off topic...

Edited by Haystack15

If you have two dogs injured, different genders, who do you save? You don't pick. You assess them both and treat the most serious as best as you can, giving baseline care for both of them and working on priorities.

If you have two dogs injured, different genders, who do you save? You don't pick. You assess them both and treat the most serious as best as you can, giving baseline care for both of them and working on priorities.

Interesting fact - The UK Ministry of Defence conducted a review and found that male soldiers pay too much attention to wounded female soldiers, at a risk to their own lives.

Medics? Or just riflemen etc?