Sign in to follow this  
sic-disaster

More news to come at E3 2011

No MP is a let down but more worryingly it looks like a tank game, very little carrier command more tank command or star fighter.

I looked at BF3 thinking wow this looks immense, looked at this and it looks a poorish playstation game that I’ve seem in the shops that would never buy. Very little to go on granted but a bit disappointed if anything I feel less lightly to buy this as it looks the usual future space shooter.

Edited by sav112g

no mp is a let down but more worryingly it looks like a tank game, very little carrier command more tank command or star fighter.

I looked at bf3 thinking wow this looks immense, looked at this and it looks a poorish playstation game that i’ve seem in the shops that would never buy. Very little to go on granted but a bit disappointed if anything i feel less lightly to buy this as it looks the usual future space shooter.

FPDR (ten chars)

Edited by ProfTournesol

The mixture of real time strategy and FPS looks brilliant...

come on BIS :D

MP would be a really nice bonus though.

Looking really good, this is my kind of game!

After watching that gamespot feed, Carrier Command looked brilliant. Very interested in this now and it came across really well in the demo.

I second that. Never saw anything concrete about the game (but those czech images and that old CGI), but the little I saw at Gamespot really hooked me.

Gotta say, wasn't really interested in it before but the demonstration perked curiosity, it is good to hear that they are keeping to the book wether realizing it or not. Marriage between RTS and FPS had great skepticism but...seems to work out rather well..

Edited by NodUnit

Gotta say, wasn't really interested in it before but the demonstration perked curiosity, it is good to hear that they are keeping to the book wether realizing it or not. Marriage between RTS and FPS had great skepticism but...seems to work out rather well..

Same here. I couldn´t even imagine what this game would look like or even what it was about, but that Sci-Fi setting totally appeals me.

I played EVE Online for about a year and they were about to create a game called "Dust 514" for consoles exclusively which lets you fight with sci fi weaponry on planet surfaces. I was totally jealous of consoleros that time but I guess we PC players have something similar now :bounce3:

Btw I believe that would have been another great title that would have gone by unnoticed cause of missing advertisment... glad it turned out otherwise thanks to our determination to see ArmA III :p

The Gamespot feed was great... The sea looked fantastic (For something called Carrier command and with so much water, it was important I guess), and it all seemed very smooth and good looking. I hope they port some of the tech to Arma 3.

However I really wonder why it's being delayed sooooo much. It was annouced for 2010, and now it's being targeted at Q1 2012... Also no MP at launch ? With so many possibilities it would be a crime not to have at least some basic MP...

In any case, good work fellows.

Agree, looking forward. It's nice that it will be multiplatform.

Maybe the delay is cauesd by its multiplatform nature...

Multiplayer is a must for this game. Endless possibilities, amazing coop experience...

I love it how their gonna put it in after the release. I kinda like it that way. Cause when get games i wanna play the campaign first. But by the time i finished it, everyone else as already ranked to the highest possible level with all the kool stuff. Now i can enjoy the campaign first, then play mutiplayer without looking like a noob.

@ 0:31 why does the reflection of that guy make me think Captain Scarlet?

Just saw the trailer. Looking forward to this game, it looks awesome :)

I wonder how much tech this and ArmA 3 share?

Dunno, it seems like it is not RV. The characters look completely different in comparison.

That was so awesome! It already has exceeded my expectations with that display alone. Can't help but think maybe Bohemia made the right call in waiting for E3 before showing anything of the game other than their development commentary long ago

Dunno, it seems like it is not RV. The characters look completely different in comparison.

I remember ages ago, I think it was Suma that said it's an entirely new engine but it will use some techniques from RV.

ArmA 3 is an updated RV engine.

It makes me wonder why they are different engines, they're both similar types of games in terms of game mechanics and what the engine needs to do.

Maybe the engines share large amounts of code, but do certain things like terrain rendering differently.

It will be interesting to see how this works.

I remember ages ago, I think it was Suma that said it's an entirely new engine but it will use some techniques from RV.

ArmA 3 is an updated RV engine.

It makes me wonder why they are different engines, they're both similar types of games in terms of game mechanics and what the engine needs to do.

Maybe the engines share large amounts of code, but do certain things like terrain rendering differently.

It will be interesting to see how this works.

IIRC "Black Element Software" was the studio originally working on it, they may have kept the engine they were working on.

Q1 2012!

Well at least it looks like this one will be well worth the wait. I think it would be wise to expect the release to be the end of March to avoid disappointment. Might as well put as much time into development as possible. This game deserves it!

I like the quote they put on the website:

“Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.

Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.â€

- Sun Tzu

Trailer is very nice, i had to laugh at that huuuge missile almost landing on top of that civilian. I hope this can quench my thirst for a Battlezone-type game :)

omg look at those screenshots on their site!

They´re beautiful and I get an urgent feeling that this game would make an EXCELLENT MP title!