Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

THIS would be an absolutely awesome addition. Making those profiles does not require too much work but after some personal testing, the gameplay experience is simply stunning. Its an completely new level of tactical abilities and effectiveness. It is now easy to control multiple squads and you no longer have to fizzle around with spacebar etc. Maybe it is possible to get a licence and work together with a small companie like eg http://www.dwvac.com/ .

I would love to see this supported in Arma 3 by vanilla :)

Now my main wish - to have modern real-life weapons/gear/units but not some futuristic stuff.

Now my main wish - to have modern real-life weapons/gear/units but not some futuristic stuff.

It will have both. Deal with it.

On second thought, as far as I can tell the game will not contain anything "futuristic".

- Railgun tech is current, albeit still in need of some development. Not futuristic.

- The Mi-48 Kajman is fictional, not futuristic.

- Commanche is dicontinued, not futuristic.

So all in all it looks like you're getting your wish! Yay!

Edited by MadDogX

Though that stuff is a cool idea, it won't work when grenades fall through the roof mate. :D And you throw them like a highschool girl with retarded hands.

Lol, I never noticed that!

As MadDogX says, I hope physX will fix it!

It will have both. Deal with it.

On second thought, as far as I can tell the game will not contain anything "futuristic".

- Railgun tech is current, albeit still in need of some development. Not futuristic.

- The Mi-48 Kajman is fictional, not futuristic.

- Commanche is dicontinued, not futuristic.

So all in all it looks like you're getting your wish! Yay!

And what about infantry gear? As I saw at some screenshots, helmets etc look like Crysis-style. And yeah, I'm a bit mistaken - not futuristic but also fictional:) I don't like it. There're lots of conflicts from 1945 till nowadays to recreate in Armaverse, so ArmA engine and possibilities can give us great game without any fictionals or future projects. Leave them to Crysis-like games, let ArmA be unique 'true-story' game with real and proved weapons/gear/units.

And what about infantry gear? As I saw at some screenshots, helmets etc look like Crysis-style. And yeah, I'm a bit mistaken - not futuristic but also fictional:) I don't like it. There're lots of conflicts from 1945 till nowadays to recreate in Armaverse, so ArmA engine and possibilities can give us great game without any fictionals or future projects. Leave them to Crysis-like games, let ArmA be unique 'true-story' game with real and proved weapons/gear/units.

Does the future makes game worse because in most minds "future == Crysis-like game"?

It's like saying that this film is fantasy unrealistic shit because Star Wars also has spaceships.

let ArmA be unique 'true-story' game with real and proved weapons/gear/units.

Oh sheep Sahranin was real?! Fork maybe it is OK for me to have flashbacks!!

You werent there man.... You werent there....

*Edit to make it less sweary :P*

Do want Armstrong as a general!!!@@@!!! )))

1.Lower accuracy for guns - or changeable depending on difficulty settings (compare sniper videos in arma2 and in real life).

2.Give life to tanks - please add delay to locking by TAB on guided rockets or implement different locking system(eg planes can guide/hit only 1 moving tank/target at time)

3.realistic data for anti tank rockets(e.g.smaw rage 600m etc)

4.realistic view distance/island - better decrease view distance and see all objects on range up to 1km than have 4km vd with 2km drawing distance and lag at clients and servers.

So true. If only the game came with a mission editor, so people could make any kind of mission they wanted. That would be so awesome!

Sorry? sarcasm or?

Btw i was speaking about MODES not MISSIONS!

Edited by Noricum

Sorry? sarcasm or?

Btw i was speaking about MODES not MISSIONS!

Sarcasm indeed. ;)

And there is no practical difference between a "mode" and a "mission". Every mission can be whatever mode the author likes, even something completely unheard of... like "Seek and Hold the Prostitute"!

1.Lower accuracy for guns - or changeable depending on difficulty settings (compare sniper videos in arma2 and in real life)

Guns shoots where you point them and bullets drop according to physics.

What do you mean?

Sarcasm indeed. ;)

And there is no practical difference between a "mode" and a "mission". Every mission can be whatever mode the author likes, even something completely unheard of... like "Seek and Hold the Prostitute"!

^^

But the original BIS provided mp content is a bad joke. Even DLCs didn't make it better.

I mean most people buy a game to play and not to develop something.

So my wish for ARMA3 is, that BIS should do more for the MP community.

Other wishes:

- More realistic flight behaviour/instruments.

- better AI (house patrols, hiding inside houses, roofs etc without a 3rd party script).

- a safemode for scripting/editing (preventing game crashes caused by a missing }; or whatever).

Guns shoots where you point them and bullets drop according to physics.

What do you mean?

load arma2 take sniper riffle and easy kill targets at 1000m.

Go to real life and see difference.No way you can have same accuracy - even trained sniper.

Exactly same situation are for all guns.

I don't know. I picked up an M40 for the first time in my life one day and easily put 5 shots on B mod target (that's a silhouette of a standing man's head and torso from the waist up) at 800 meters. That was at range Hathcock at Stone Bay.

You are right about it being hard for a trained sniper, though. They were doing most of the shooting at that range, and they did terrible. Its easy so long as you remember the fundamentals of shooting a rifle. Some guys get that "sniper" title and think they're above all that. I guess a little humility and remembering my training is what made me qualify expert every time I went to the range and made them fail to qualify.

Edited by bradp191

load arma2 take sniper riffle and easy kill targets at 1000m.

Go to real life and see difference.No way you can have same accuracy - even trained sniper.

Exactly same situation are for all guns.

Wind would change that. Kinda what vanilla ArmA2 is missing. If you play around in ACE mod, you encounter wind shifting your bullets trajectories around quite a bit.

BIS did mention that they are not likely to add wind into vanilla over some claim that it'd affect the AI, even though the AI seem to handle wind just fine in mods.

Make it so the damn game does not crash when there is an error in the description.ext, that is so annoying

Does the future makes game worse because in most minds "future == Crysis-like game"?

It's like saying that this film is fantasy unrealistic shit because Star Wars also has spaceships.

Imagine "Saving private Ryan 2" with Wolfenstein-like story:) Or with spaceships and at the other planet. Will it be good?

Oh sheep Sahranin was real?! Fork maybe it is OK for me to have flashbacks!!

You werent there man.... You werent there....

*Edit to make it less sweary :P*

I haven't played Sahrani often, because mid-european forests cannot be so near to tropical environment.

Requesting the Neopup "Personal Assualt Weapon" (assault rifle/greande launcher hybrid) be included. Never used in a video game before and would fit with Iran's arsenal. Would also be a nice mirror version of BLUEFOR's XM25.

http://www.military.com/video/guns/grenade-launchers/neopup-semi-auto-grenade-launcher/1128989897001/?ESRC=marine-a.nl

frontmain20mmpic.jpg

All I want is this rubber banding fixed from this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR98RrCwBYE

To emphasize this:

Additionally,

PLEASE give us a choice for our menu screens to have a 2d menu screen instead of a 3d one! The 3d ones look amazing, of course, but I don't want to wait 5 minutes for my menu screen to load just so I can then wait 5 minuted for my mission to load! Almost everyone I know has it disabled. PLEASE give us 2d, quick loading menu screens. At the very least as a selectable option.

I'm not sure if it was put in before, but adding different heights and weight for people would be a welcome change (and an awesome challenge for snipers).

I'm not sure if it was put in before, but adding different heights and weight for people would be a welcome change (and an awesome challenge for snipers).

+1 for this

If no one has talked about this... I think ARMA3 should improve kinds of bullet craters or hols rather than a simple solo color round texture.

My wish would be to have separate crosshair setting for client and server. Client would be limited by the server so it would look like this.

If client with crosshairs set to off connects to server with crosshairs on, the given client will not see the crosshairs until he would switch the setting. So some clients would have crosshairs whilst others wouldn't. So the setting would be entirely on the client, if he wants crosshairs or not.

If client with crosshairs set to on connects to server with crosshairs off, the given client will not have crosshairs at all, just like the rest of the server. So this would be enforced server side.

It would serve one purpose and I am sure many ArmA veterans will agree with me now. The crosshairs have become as much of a curse for me (and surely many more), it annoys me when I see them, when I move 2 meters and they get bigger and they are on way too many servers.

Now you will react that it would not be fair, when some players would have crosshairs on and some wouldn't. Well you are right, but! Firstly nobody would force you to turn them off (aside from the server of course) and secondly players playing with crosshairs are probably too noob to hit anything so or so.