Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

Hi,

Arma 2 already has such functions, within the Functions module, called Remote Execution (RE).

Check here for more info.

_neo_

Hmm, thanks for link :), but need a create and write files (sqf, sqs, etc.) on client side!

Need create file on client, after, need send code to created file (WriteTextToFile), and after call RE evecVM "recived_code.sqf"

if you know how make it, send to me PM mesage :) i give you a MEDAL!

Hi J-Guid,

I was responding to this part of your post:

On Server sent code to clinet but we have troubles with launch this code on client side, and need special commands like some - GlobalExecute in CBA...

_neo_

Appending to AI animation request (by sarge4267):

How about an idle stance (at ease).

Soldiers walking around/sitting on there own, until called to attention.

Edited by ozzbik

Appending to AI animation request (by sarge4267):

How about an idle stance (at ease).

Soldiers walking around/sitting on there own, until called to attention.

"Dismiss" waypoint ;)

"Dismiss" waypoint ;)

:rolleyes: blimey.... missed that...sorry..

I really need to read the biki better..

Edited by ozzbik

"Dismiss" waypoint suffers two pretty important problems though:

1) There is no way to manually complete it. So they won't react to any switched waypoints until they actually see an enemy themselves.

2) There is no way to control the area limiting their freedom of movement. One of the radiuses could have been used to determine dismissal radius.

AMRA 3 Wants:

1. Tunneling system - allows for a new dimension within ARMA for underground combat and tunnels and caves have been used by all forces for hundreds of years.

2. Customized weapon system - each mod for every weapon is given an ID and depending on the weapon there can X number of mods made. All of the mods for all systems are then universal for the game, so each player can customize and store their settings and join any server with those settings.

a. Example:

M4 with 2 picatinny rails on the hand guards - allows for 7 mod points

Add tactical light right side for 3 points

Add IR laser (an/paq-4c) for 4 points

***ARMA players are gear heads and would love to utilize accessories if they actually work. Do not implement this or anything else if it doesn’t work as this is not an Airsoft game.

3. Scuba diving for military use should be implemented within the game to add another way to infiltrate and assault objectives.

4. Alter the ammo create concept into a more realistic armory at the base locations. There should not be any interactions with AI to receive weapons, which would take too long. Each player should have a clipboard or kneeboard that contains requisition forms for gear and weapons as well as other items. These can be completed, saved, and submitted in order to obtain the gear at the armory. The form should have details and pictures of the gear like a catalog to add value for the player’s experience.

5. The use of a point system should be used for gear similar to the MOLLE system used widely today. The player could add pouches for their gear in the correct location on thigh rigs, chest harnesses, etc. The player could use their points to add a trauma plate to their chest rig and receive an armor value for chest area. The players could put a backup pistol on the back, so that another player could access it if they ran out of ammo.

6. Consider a generation system within the game, but this is a massive undertaking and would be ARMA 4 or 5. The game could consist of the various decades. 1960-1970, 1971-1980, 1981-1990, 1991-2000, 2001-2010, 2011-2020. Each decade has the correct gear and options available to soldiers during that timeframe. You enable a never ending game experience for the player as one day he could be in Vietnam experiencing malaria and exploring tunnels. The next mission he could be in Afghanistan shooting Taliban through a TV screen on a UAZ.

Fixed, install this if you're using Chrome or Firefox with GreaseMonkey. :p

I use Opera...

That's a discrimination!:pet5:

Again BIS u do nothin and comunity has to do all job for you!!!11 Stop drinking beer and fix the glowing font!!:mad:

:D

i like games with al LOT of diffrend weapons vehicle's and outfits.

i hope the explotions will be more realistic and if it is possible i like if you can edit you uniform with your flag and rank

(http://www.canstockphoto.nl/ons-vlaggen-1275137.html)

i realy hope you apply this in the game

succes!

ps. arma 3 shall be the best game ever!!!

Edited by jopiaa

OMG is this my threat? :D

Nice thats the way i wanted that its used!

Just to tell one of my most important wishes again:

Pls make weapon rest possible on ground, obstacles, vehicles, bipods :)

(Like in ACE)

AMRA 3 Wants:

1. Tunneling system - allows for a new dimension within ARMA for underground combat and tunnels and caves have been used by all forces for hundreds of years.

The devs are thinking of implementing underground structures.

2. Customized weapon system - each mod for every weapon is given an ID and depending on the weapon there can X number of mods made

Weapon modding is already a game feature. Only that it's location ( hardpoint) based:

Scopes and holo sights on the upper receiver, PEQ's and torches on the sides of the handguard, GL and grips ( I think?!) on the lower side of the handguard and flash hiders and sillencers on the barrel end.

3. Scuba diving for military use should be implemented within the game to add another way to infiltrate and assault objectives.

Already a game feature.

Another one: please update all commands (addAction, eventHandlers, ...) that take code as an argument, but only as a string, to also take (already compiled) code. That would be sweet. :)

I know that it's sounds silly, but anyway:

How about customizing not only your appearance through a variety of vests, but customization of these vests themselves, utilizing MOLLE system? That is, on a separate menu you have an empty vest basis, on which you can put on a variety of pouches, and you can hitch them to different places, leading to a change of mass, center of gravity and other characteristics. For example, if you playing as a marksman, you'll choose six sniper pouches and place them on the sides of the torso + pistol with two magazines on the hip platform - so it's easier to crawl, to reload while prone and you're running faster, but your center of gravity is quite high, which slow down the transition to the prone and standing up, if you're infantryman with assault rifle - you select an eight STANAG 30R pouches and place them at your waist zone + dump bug - as a result you're running slower and crawling slower and noisier, but you have greater protection. Likewise, you can modify helmets - with NVGs, helmet-mounted lights and the like. I hope you got the glimpse.

Sorry for my bad English.

7c67c5e0552d87b7fb750f1.jpg

87094759e344.jpg

I would love to see some sort of ghillie suit system, where it would just be some sort of mesh webbing item or clothing over your BDU's and there would be some sort of system where when you are in a area with vegetation and grass you can pick from that area and blend in with that specific area. So say you are in a spot with dead dried up grass, your suit would blend into that, and if you where to venture out into a area with green grass you would no longer blend in, and would have to redo your camouflage. it would also be great if AI reacted to this and had a harder time spotting a player who was properly blended in.

My wishes

1. Better AI

2. AI that acts like normal soldiers

3. Better driving AI

4. Better AI thats cant shoot me from 10000km with an AK47

5. Persistant player upgrade, ie. when you run say your first 4 km you get fitter as your player, the more you kill the more accurate and stable you become after stopping running (so less wobble). This would make playing your soldier more fun as you can upgrade him. More things like, the more launcher kills you get the better at launchers you become. Have a level system for your player.

My wishes

1. Better AI

2. AI that acts like normal soldiers

3. Better driving AI

4. Better AI thats cant shoot me from 10000km with an AK47

5. Persistant player upgrade, ie. when you run say your first 4 km you get fitter as your player, the more you kill the more accurate and stable you become after stopping running (so less wobble). This would make playing your soldier more fun as you can upgrade him. More things like, the more launcher kills you get the better at launchers you become. Have a level system for your player.

I agree with all but 5, unlocks are for kiddie games like cod and battlefield

#2 is confirmed by Lord Buchta (he said they want to make AI more lifelike).

#4 is news to me. In fact, a recent beta patched fixed a bug that made the AI insanely inaccurate.

#5: NOOOOOOO!

I cant tell you how infuriating i find unlocks!!!

Me "I want that gun because it is better suited to this enviroment and has attachments that increase its usefulness in this scenario"

Computer "no you must buy this DLC, play this game for 30 hours and have 5 extremely rare events happen before you can use this gun"

"why? dont you think i might have other things to do?"

"Computer says no"

Yeah your probably right... And a massive wish would be easier BIS tools to mod with :) this is a must as without alot of time and a massive base of knowledge making things such as terrains and textures is extreamly hard. Simpler or easier tools to learn would be awesome :)

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Steve, i dindnt mean unlocks like COD etc.. I mean like real life. Like if i run alot i become fitter and can maybe run faster and further without the gun wobble at the end. Or the more i kill the more stable i become sort of thing. It wouldnt be a huge advantage as such, just realistic in the scence that you have mortar experts in the military and snipers. So the more you use these weopns the more stable your player becomes at using them. Not like " damm i need 5 more kills to unlock the AK47" lol

Steve, i dindnt mean unlocks like COD etc.. I mean like real life. Like if i run alot i become fitter and can maybe run faster and further without the gun wobble at the end. Or the more i kill the more stable i become sort of thing. It wouldnt be a huge advantage as such, just realistic in the scence that you have mortar experts in the military and snipers. So the more you use these weopns the more stable your player becomes at using them. Not like " damm i need 5 more kills to unlock the AK47" lol

Even that would be undesirable, I think. Perhaps implemented in some long term missions like MSO, or on a per-campaign basis, but on the whole the game is too diverse for such things. :)

EDIT: Other possibilities would be RP servers on the one hand, and certain competitive MP servers on the other.

Edited by MadDogX

Keep in mind that the events in Arma 3 will take place in a very short amount of time. Therefore it is not necessary for the gamecharacter to evolve, you dont make an remarkable difference when you run 4km, do you?

There are no perks etc in real life.

To cover the aspect of "natural improvement", remember that the player itself gets better and better during his playtime ;)

[/color]Steve, i dindnt mean unlocks like COD etc.. I mean like real life. Like if i run alot i become fitter and can maybe run faster and further without the gun wobble at the end. Or the more i kill the more stable i become sort of thing. It wouldnt be a huge advantage as such, just realistic in the scence that you have mortar experts in the military and snipers. So the more you use these weopns the more stable your player becomes at using them. Not like " damm i need 5 more kills to unlock the AK47" lol

Even better, why wouldn't the game use your RL weight/height and fitness, eyesights etc to calculate how well you'll deal inside the game?

I am sure a lot of chubby-glass wearing gamers that can't even run a mile without coughing their loungs out will find that thrilling...

/sarcasm

Other than that, what purepassion said is true: the more you play, the better you are. That's enough with most of us.

More realistic warfare ? With front line's etc, with actual good tactics needed to win rather than just sending half of your troops to one city and the others to another. Id like to see the warfare become a massive part of the game and adding a deplomacy side to things. Just an adea. I havent a clue if this is at all possible.