Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

We've yet to solve GIBS3000 TimeBorer, although it could be we haven't yet been given enough info for that.

"the world will change" simply means that we're going to have some new terrain.

Or maybe it's literal... the physics engine, world will change -> deformable terrain? Bombs that actually rip craters?

Howdy all.

I was just chatting to a person from Iran in another game I was playing and I asked her if she can help translate the message.

she said its

"whatever happen to us, comes from ourselves"

Someone else might of already answered this but I cant be stuffed checking through the last 60 pages.

Edited by Cozza

I think it would be best to not post anything in here before the next hack.

OMG... stop the agent/spy crap... btw. i want you to stop the speculating bacause it only adds more and more pages to this thread... it makes then difficult to orient and the important posts could be lost in the chatter... for the last time, im no secret BIS employee and i think that no one is...

I think it would be best to not post anything in here before the next hack.

I agree, lock it now...............until I get home 11+ hrs from now. :D

LOL -an "enemy" spy doesn't generally provide the public with information unless...dun dun dun dun!!! It's false!! :D

I hope this puzzle comes to some sort of conclusion or something based in fact tommorow as it will have gone on a full week and the longer it remains in ambiguity -the more wild and extreme will be the speculation.

At this point it's hard not to speculate that this involves engine changes/upgrades at some level as if it was just a storyline....well a fictional story can literally branch in any direction so theres really nothing for us to "figure out".

Open a new thread for speculation?

Keep this one locked until a new hack comes out? (which would kind of ruin the illusion)

And where is UnuldorCZ's "Hero of the BIS Republic" title?

I'm not a big fan of all the speculation here although I will admit I was part of it in the early days. But I am a reformed man now. I haven't even tried on the last two hacks because there is too much crap in here to read through. Not to mention all of the people grasping at straws with no evidence what so ever. (ex. Outera engine.... no evidence points to that. It's possible they will use it but nothing here suggests it)

So my vote is for one thread for the actual deciphering and one for speculation.

Edited by Jakerod

Keep this one locked until a new hack comes out? (which would kind of ruin the illusion)

I'm not a big fan of all the speculation here although I will admit I was part of it in the early days. But I am a reformed man now. I haven't even tried on the last two hacks because there is too much crap in here to read through. Not to mention all of the people grasping at straws with no evidence what so ever. (ex. Outera engine.... no evidence points to that. It's possible they will use it but nothing here suggests it)

So my vote is for one thread for the actual deciphering and one for speculation.

Like the ArmA2 Photography / Discussion threads?:cool:

I am in favor of doing this also.

Like the ArmA2 Photography / Discussion threads?:cool:

Yeah, something of the sort sounds good to me.

mmmmm

OFP was published in 2001

It's expansions every 1.5 years and 2 years thereafter

Armed Assault in 2006 with expansion one year thereafter

Arma 2 in June 2009 with Arrowhead one year thereafter

If this trend continues I would say that arma 3 or another BIG expansion will come this year on Q3-Q4

I mean, if they are working on TOH,and they are using the same game engine for both games, improvements in one could be (easily) ported to the other.

Obviously, Arma 3 would have much more publicitary punch than TOH

I say that we stop talking about spies, Outerra or anything not confirmed till the next hack

party pooper... :(

That's the third time I've been called something similar to that in the past few weeks on here.

I think this should turn into the speculation thread and then we should use the first post from this one as the new first post in the Decipher one so we have all the evidence in one place.

@SASrecon's post below mine: I did not. I don't really mind being called that. In all three cases I could see their point of view. The only reason I haven't started a second thread is because I figured that it would require a moderator's approval since it would be two topics on the same thing plus it would also require enforcement and rules set up by them similar to the photography/discussion thread.

Edited by Jakerod

That's the third time I've been called something similar to that in the past few weeks on here.

I think this should turn into the speculation thread and then we should use the first post from this one as the new first post in the Decipher one so we have all the evidence in one place.

+1 It's getting ridiculous now, if no-one's started it by the time I get onto my home computer I'll do it myself :P

Jakerod have you tried the report function on your latest fanboy? I find it helps when you get too many admirers on these forums ;)

Despite me being on the speculation camp (as an observer mostly), this ^^ looks pretty reasonable to me. It would bring some order...

"whatever happen to us, comes from ourselves"

..could mean that players will be free to cause changes to the world = destructible environment and better physics. But also that "comes from ourselves", meaning it's not Physx (GPU-powered) but an improved version of their engine, 100% BIS made (or at least not GPU-brand dependant) that allows realistic environment interaction and physics.

King of tears, remember :)

Making a "true" physics engine now = make OA and A2 outdated ?

That would be a problem...

Lol @ report Party Pooper :D

Speculation thread? I'd rather a resolution thread as a prolonged puzzle gets anti-climatic quick.

The idea is to have two threads. One is for solving the actual hacks/hints. The other one (most likely this one) is for the speculation and random crap like accusing people of being spies (which I was also guilty of at some point).

Lol @ report Party Pooper :D

Speculation thread? I'd rather a resolution thread as a prolonged puzzle gets anti-climatic quick.

Yes, the longer this goes on, the more iterations will be found. This naturally leads to the digression of the problem at hand. Which, I might remind everybody.. nothing has been solved until BIS back it up with fact... So, this whole thread is based on speculation...

A few of us just need to take a spoonful of concrete and harden up...

I can't see this puzzle lasting much longer. Hopefully the reveal is "next hack". Otherwise people are getting frustrated and won't want to go along with it.

More like reporting lack of constructive comments, pretty much all of his comments are one/two-liners directed at people, not the thread topic.

Have we also confirmed who Spukayev is? I can't remember what role he played in HR.

As for the ball hitting the wall, I'm 100% certain it isn't to do with the Berlin wall, but what it means exactly I guess we'll find out soon. Anyone else think 42 hours is quite long between hack-attacks, I'd say 36 might be slightly more adequate and keep the community more focused on the puzzles than speculation but they probably won't change that now, also anyone thought 42 could mean something else seeing as it was highlighted red in the first hack, 42 hour epic BIS campaign? :0

Yes, the longer this goes on, the more iterations will be found. This naturally leads to the digression of the problem at hand. Which, I might remind everybody.. nothing has been solved until BIS back it up with fact... So, this whole thread is based on speculation...

A few of us just need to take a spoonful of concrete and harden up...

Yeah but things like "hey if you connect these in order it forms a submarine" is fairly concrete. Who knows what it means but that is concrete. That is what happens and is the proper solution or at least part of the proper solution to the puzzle. What that means can be talked about in the speculation thread. So that people who are trying to follow what's happening and what still has to be done don't have to read through 500 "OMG!!! its a submarine simulation!!!!!" posts.

mmmmm

OFP was published in 2001

It's expansions every 1.5 years and 2 years thereafter

Armed Assault in 2006 with expansion one year thereafter

Arma 2 in June 2009 with Arrowhead one year thereafter

If this trend continues I would say that arma 3 or another BIG expansion will come this year on Q3-Q4

I mean, if they are working on TOH,and they are using the same game engine for both games, improvements in one could be (easily) ported to the other.

Obviously, Arma 3 would have much more publicitary punch than TOH

I say that we stop talking about spies, Outerra or anything not confirmed till the next hack

Forget it. Battlefield 3, COD part 1918937547372929 or something will come this year out.

It would be suicide for BI the whole casual gamers will go for the big boys.

The fans will buy arma part what ever coms out but the money of casuals is going to dice and infintyward.

Money dos not smell.BI needs all money they can get.

Casual or fan.

So nothing big for this year mybe next year or much later.

It would be such a groundbreaking feature that I, the developer, would look more at how competitive my product is going to be with the present and future of other companies releases instead rather than how competitive my product is going to be with the past of my own products.

But I am not the developer, this is for sure :)

this game are the new game I think a more spec ops operation undercover ...

and spy stories like most tv show the unit ...

use more your head to fight harder ? like project I.G.I

Not necessarily, it could be an upgrade to the RV3 engine (IE AA2 and OA) that implements those features from VBS 2; IE being able to move around on a moving carrier deck, drive a truck onto a trailer and pull it around.

Like in this vid, I suppose.

iEJDA7ACi1I

Skip to 3:40.

Also, render to texture, please? :rolleyes: