Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

Just got to the Iranian poem (following the thread is like tying to jump on a moving train !). But my sleep deprived state summarises as below.

It seems to indicate the Eagle (aka USA/Nato) is to be attacked by its own weapons, ie either Tomahawk style nuclear warheads stolen from HMS Astute, or from nuclear weapons in general, referring to their original invention by the USA. I don't believe Astute is designed to carry nuclear ordinance, but it is a story.

The reference to seeing dust in the ocean etc is the high tech surveillance as Natos disposal, all powerful yet useless when the strike comes.

Those backing the crisis are the Chinese, who covertly support the PBHB in various ways, primarily aiming to de-stabilize Europe by helping build a Middle Eastern alliance who drive West through Turkey, using the warheads physically or as a threat. They give Scandinavia to Russia as a sweetener and are left the African continent as a reward. China are also investing heavily in South America, creating an ideal platform from which to attack the USA, but thats another day. It would provide both special force and PMC missions (cue Miller) to recover the weapons and infiltrate various targets, plus larger set piece battles on the European mainland.

In reality terms, a completely new engine would be used, with support for Physix type capabilities. Given the interest in the Warfare style games there could be a much larger capability to command, almost more like a strategy game than pure FPS, though with the option to fight through each mission as a grunt/pilot/sailor/crewman.

It could be Arma3 : Cold War Crisis 2, and announced to coincide with the 10th anniversary of OFP, for 2012/13 deployment.

Just my 2 pence/cents/dinari

cj

I'd steer away from the Astute nuclear weapon theory. Yes tomahawks can be fitted with nuclear weapons but I don't see why Astute would carry them. It's more likely there for the SBS role and as conventional Tomahawk fire support.

Also, good luck to whoever tries to hijack and control an Astute class. :p

You just volunteered then

i had to use translation to understand this ... and i loughed :D

Heyho@ll, did anyone till yet succeed the login from adminer?

I thought it could be logically that the server should be localhost, and the user maybe p8h8, pbhb, root, admin, administrator OR mywtwowc (comes up when you don't use a username/password).

Edit: Now I can't reach the site anymore

Edit2: adminer.php doesn't exist anymore - but there is still http://p8h8.info/ascii/

wow nice find ;)

I guess they saw us trying to "hack" their admin interface and removed it quickly.

Just goes to show, not everything is part of the game. ;)

I'd steer away from the Astute nuclear weapon theory. Yes tomahawks can be fitted with nuclear weapons but I don't see why Astute would carry them. It's more likely there for the SBS role and as conventional Tomahawk fire support.

Also, good luck to whoever tries to hijack and control an Astute class. :p

I thought I saw an iPhone sub game ? So would-be hi-jackers could train for it on their phones. :D

As they always say in the adverts, 'theres probably an app for it'.

Could use artistic license to fit Astute with nuclear warheads, which could be stolen from the sub without having to command it necessarily (transfer to a Somali pirate mothership).

cj

Edited by cjph
Update

http://outerra.com/wgallery.html

Watching the preview I can't help but only see how perfect that engine would be for Arma 3. You can easily have the whole world in it and Bis showed us the map of Europe with the tag the world will change, that could mean that they are changing the game engine and it will include the whole europe :D With all new physics and destruciton and anims. That would be amazing.

Maybe it's just me, but from the videos I have seen of Outerra it only renders bitmap sprites as trees. While that would work for some application, it will not be sufficient for ArmA, and it would mean that the vegetation has to be cut down significantly from what is shown.

If you want to counterhack - you can still try find out passwords for ftp://www.p8h8.info/ But I think you will not succed :) But maybe you will be lucky :)

That's the issue...seems they are a lot who are NOT thinking...there is no other logical explanation for some of the comments

It's forbidden to dream about something? You're internet police or something? Why should there be a logical explanation? You definately are butt hurt or no gf like someone mentioned. I think the people here understand that there won't be arma 3 any time soon. The clues may lead to an engine update or a new milsim with a completely new engine. It's wrong to imagine how it might be?

The problem was explained already. The more people fill the thread up with every fancy on their wishlist, the less able people who actually want to put some thought into these puzzle are able to do that. You know the people those guys are referring to when they say, 'brainpower! Go!' (because they aren't very good at these puzzles (and I am one of them)), well you are actually PHYSICALLY PREVENTING THEM FROM COMMUNICATING.

Edited by Max Power

1. BIS will NOT switch engines to Outerra. NO matter how hard you want/dream about it.

Nor would it add much to the game I think. I mean, Outerra looks like a very capable engine, but what would it add? Just because you can have the whole world doesn't mean you should. Right now, I hardly ever saw a mission that makes use of the whole of Chernarus, and that is "only" 200+ square kilometers.

Plus, as a primarily infantry centered game, ArmA 2 needs micro-detailing on the ground first and foremost. Draw distance of 2+ km are rarely needed, but I want to continue to see different types of grass, pebbles, rocks and real solid trees around me when I play it. Outerra seems to be lacking in micro-detail - can anybody imagine how big a satellite texture for the whole world is? What sets most of the top ArmA 2 maps apart from the rest is decent satellite textures, because otherwise they start to look repetitive.

Bottom line, I don't believe Outerra is on the table, nor do I think it's a good idea. Global warfare doesn't fit into our computers anyway, and plainly, I don't see anything wrong with the current RV engine. Sure, there's always thinks that could be improved, and I would most certainly like to see the physics and DX 10 and what have you, but for what it is intended to do (an infantry combat simulator with vehicle elements) it's very well suited.

Anyway, just my two cents.

The problem was explained already. The more people fill the thread up with every fancy on their wishlist, the less able people who actually want to put some thought into these puzzle are able to do that. You know the people those guys are referring to when they say, 'brainpower! Go!' (because they aren't very good at these puzzles (and I am one of them)), well you are actually PHYSICALLY PREVENTING THEM FROM COMMUNICATING.

As MadDogX likes to put it - non sequitur. There isn't a truth to be uncovered in any of the "clues", you either connect the dots, as I have, or you attack the next person who does. These activities are only meant to fill the void & build-up hype prior to the announcement.

I haven't seen PuFu in this thread sitting for hours, trying to make sense of any of it; read up, before you strap your high horses.

As MadDogX likes to put it - non sequitur. There isn't a truth to be uncovered in any of the "clues", you either connect the dots, as I have, or you attack the next person who does. These activities are only meant to fill the void & build-up hype prior to the announcement.

I haven't seen PuFu in this thread sitting for hours, trying to make sense of any of it; read up, before you strap your high horses.

I thought Pufu was a bit off myself, but then there has to be some balance to stop us going completely crazy with theories.

I thought Pufu was a bit off myself, but then there has to be some balance to stop us going completely crazy with theories.

Then outline a few, paste them onto Wiki and let's wait. :rolleyes:

I'm sure this DLC is the DLC'est DLC of the DLC history.

... Outerra seems to be lacking in micro-detail ...

i dont want to go deeper into outerra speculations, but it has an insane level of detail from first person view!

rocks and mountains actualy are realy 3d and look damn realistic, open grasslands arent just plain and smooth like in arma, they have much edges, holes and little hills where you could take cover behind.

a grass shader should be easy to implement, and the outerra team is already working hard on a lod system for 3d objects like trees.

even if this engine is not getting out of my head, ill better stop posting about it for now :p

Gnat;1916843']Funny how the average gamer in this community consider BIS to be "dumping" their current release after only being out a year ......... lol

Other game companies and communities would be horrified if there was more than 12 months between their product releases !!

I see your point' date=' but arma 2 has the potential to last for a long time, tweaks to the current engine and additional Expansion packs would have kept the community happy for a good couple of years (think of a China PLA addon maybe, or an arctic warfare expansion) . But now that there is an idea of ArmA3, thats all people are going to want. You cant compare Arma 2 with CoD :p Arma 2's potential to last longer comes from a closer community, editable content, and and thousands of mission ideas. :)

Just proves there are crying idiots even in the best communities.

Tool.

......an infantry combat simulator with vehicle elements......

Its not even a infantry combat simulator, stop dreaming of things that aren't.

Americas army is more of a infantry combat simulator than this.

Lots of things have to change before this has something in common with modern/or past infantry fights.

jeeeees we have running and shooting that are 5% of Infantry duty's.wheres the rest?

Do you even know what non sequitur means? I find it amusing that you would use this term. It means, 'a logical conclusion that isn't supported by the premises'. Precisely what any speculation about what future engine could be inferred by the statement 'the world will change' and an ascii animation of a ball busting through a wall. The fact of the matter is that the bullshit to actual puzzle solving space in this thread IS disruptive, and this thread IS about solving the puzzles, not ridiculous fantasies about Outerra. Outerra is not even inferred, not even in the most radical inference of the evidence we have so far collected.

I've been contributing to the wiki, trying to help the people that are better at these puzzles than me. I also was on da12thmonkey's heels putting together that autostereogram. But I didn't realize this thread was about getting points for how much you've done. I'm not asking you to solve the puzzle, or even put any effort into it. I'm just asking you to stop spamming like you've got no filter between your brain and the keyboard.

Then outline a few, paste them onto Wiki and let's wait. :rolleyes:

I'm sure this DLC is the DLC'est DLC of the DLC history.

Whoa, I have been pretty much in your camp all the way through this thread (in the MGS universe we couldn't be on the same side, till at least a punch up on a sub was involved :P ).

Just don't want to see it degenerate into a flame war.

Do you even know what non sequitur means? I find it amusing that you would use this term. It means, 'a logical conclusion that isn't supported by the premises'. Precisely what any speculation about what future engine could be inferred by the statement 'the world will change' and an ascii animation of a ball busting through a wall. The fact of the matter is that the bullshit to actual puzzle solving space in this thread IS disruptive, and this thread IS about solving the puzzles, not ridiculous fantasies about Outerra. Outerra is not even inferred, not even in the most radical inference of the evidence we have so far collected.

I've been contributing to the wiki, trying to help the people that are better at these puzzles than me. I also was on da12thmonkey's heels putting together that autostereogram. But I didn't realize this thread was about getting points for how much you've done. I'm not asking you to solve the puzzle, or even put any effort into it. I'm just asking you to stop spamming like you've got no filter between your brain and the keyboard.

You're an insult to progress. Go download nvidia's latest drivers and look up the application profiles. Now, if you can't see the the significance of a submarine in ArmA, and a video of a basic physics simulation of a ball hitting a wall, then it's not our problem, is it?

I'm done with this thread for now. Trolls, ahoy.

You're an insult to progress. Go download nvidia's latest drivers and look up the application profiles. Now, if you can't see the the significance of a submarine in ArmA, and a video of a basic physics simulation of a ball hitting a wall, then it's not our problem, is it?

I'm done with this thread for now. Trolls, ahoy.

Oh, did I miss something? Did somehow BIS's Trademark history and nVidia's drivers become part of the PUZZLE SOLVING? It doesn't even matter if Outerra IS the answer to the puzzles, because it's not supported by the evidence presented in the puzzle game. How can you not get this?

Edited by Max Power

why the fuck this thread goes about the same subjects all over again is above me:

1. BIS will NOT switch engines to Outerra. NO matter how hard you want/dream about it. You guys suggesting it have obviously no idea what that would mean, or what a game engine is. PLUS, you are basing all the wow comments and expectation on Outerra founded on what? Some preview vids on the web and that's it? There is no real product that uses it atm. This is not even wishfull thinking, it is idiocy.

2. Do you think if BIS announces A3 is in the work, they will actually release it the next day? It took about 1 year from the moment A2 was announced to have it hit the stores.

3. About the phisycs engine, BIS had tried to implement destruction for the buildings before, that doesn't mean they will fully implement a physics engine (although i for once will love bullet)

4. You really need to have a grape's IQ to think that the hackers are real, and not BIS...

I haven't seen so much BS and stupidity together with some very logical and fast answers to a puzzle in the same thread for a long time. Having it in BIS community makes me even sadder. Where do you people have migrated from? Are you all 12 or smth?

I speak of yes or Outerra because of the disturbing elements coincided.

It is obviously that if it ever really was, exit and the changes will not tomorrow but in a few years.

He is also on that card you it will not be as great use.

This is evident even with my poor little brain and my IQ grape.

Even if another engine or modification to 100% by BIS or DLC or other is fine.

BIS is a dream everybody with this puzzle.

And nobody should feel full and not need sexist as a skunk and mr Pufu be insulting to people.

It's a nice little trip and do not eat bread.

Edited by ADOGMC

Gentlemen!!!!

Please, maturity.

I know that when defending one own ideas it's easy to get enraged.

Of course everybody would love to have a Earth size map with a level of detail comparable to that of Chernarus.

But until something else comes, keep your feelings cool

An a smile so you don't get angry

:)