Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

What about hms astute having been taken over (mutiny/sabotage) and that places on the maps, the 'phases' are the targets?

That would certainly change the world.

A new Arma3 is a bit too soon i think, not a lot of players might want to shift to it yet i guess, an Arma 2.5 that is backward compatible with Arma2,OA and the rest of DLCs seems better and might even be more profitable for BIS.

And Hell YA! A new physics engine!

These are simply cases of good asset generation; you could make either of those in arma 2 as they are now, it's just a matter of time and detail.

Tread lightly, for you're walking on my dreams.

trollface-emoticon-4.gif

Why do we play computer games: the reasons are in the thousands, but the underlying one is immersion.

http://www.outerra.com/shots/medem9b.jpg http://www.outerra.com/shots/slant3.jpg http://www.outerra.com/shots/medem9c.jpg http://www.outerra.com/shots/slant2.jpg Is your imagination fired up yet? ;) Someone would have to develop algos for city/landmark generation to go with procedural terrain.

What about hms astute having been taken over (mutiny/sabotage) and that places on the maps, the 'phases' are the targets?

That would certainly change the world.

but that doesn't fit into Arma gamestyle....

It could be a good plot for SWAT like game, commanding a team of special forces to retake the sub,

or

a naval/flight sim where you have to intercept and/or sink the sub before it launch the missiles

but not in Arma, a ground force based sim

Edited by Lugiahua

apart from the engine question ( i think the (bullet) physics are almost confirmed... ;) )

I think we should try to login to this p8h8 site http://www.p8h8.info/adminer.php

i think the access option isnt there for nothing

and maybe this could help us

http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/thecode_4.jpg

username could be

p3R51An8lackHat58oy5

PW: either PERSIA written in normal letters or those signs or other variations ( could somebody post the persian pr chinese letter or the wiki again ;)

i think we will find a lot of vital information there!

another dlc or addon so shortly after we got reinforcements? i dont think so, why should they release an dlc/addon pack when a few weeks later a new dlc or addon will be released?

the size of the world in outerra realy makes me wonder wether we will ever see it together with arma ... on the other side think about som, alice, combat environment and town generator module from arma 2 ... if they remake these modules properly, you could easy have some nice action going on on our blue planet :yay:

i recently noticed that outerra will most likely use this: http://www.simul.co.uk/truesky/media for its weather effects and clouds :eek:

@PeterBitt

i think RFT means the end of ArmA 2/OA DLC's

@PeterBitt

Bingo.

@PeterBitt

thats what i was thinking too.

Anyone have any clues on the e-mail sent to zipper5? What does the thomas ryan entry mean? Just checked the name Thomas Ryan on this site came to this

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?u=44208

Zipper 5 was one of only 3 vistors including me. --> when i wrote this lol t hat generated a lot of vistors

Lol, that's my real name. It was my email account after all. :)
Edited by arkengel

DLCs provides more revenue than normal disc distribution, i don't think they will stop the Arma2/OA DLCs anytime soon, also looking at how BIS like to start a new story with a new game, I doubt this would be a totally new game or 3.0.

why the fuck this thread goes about the same subjects all over again is above me:

1. BIS will NOT switch engines to Outerra. NO matter how hard you want/dream about it. You guys suggesting it have obviously no idea what that would mean, or what a game engine is. PLUS, you are basing all the wow comments and expectation on Outerra founded on what? Some preview vids on the web and that's it? There is no real product that uses it atm. This is not even wishfull thinking, it is idiocy.

2. Do you think if BIS announces A3 is in the work, they will actually release it the next day? It took about 1 year from the moment A2 was announced to have it hit the stores.

3. About the phisycs engine, BIS had tried to implement destruction for the buildings before, that doesn't mean they will fully implement a physics engine (although i for once will love bullet)

4. You really need to have a grape's IQ to think that the hackers are real, and not BIS...

I haven't seen so much BS and stupidity together with some very logical and fast answers to a puzzle in the same thread for a long time. Having it in BIS community makes me even sadder. Where do you people have migrated from? Are you all 12 or smth?

Anyone have any clues on the e-mail sent to zipper5? What does the thomas ryan entry mean?

Lol, that's my real name. It was my email account after all. :)

4. You really need to have a grape's IQ to think that the hackers are real, and not BIS...

I haven't seen so much BS and stupidity together with some very logical and fast answers to a puzzle in the same thread for a long time. Having it in BIS community makes me even sadder. Where do you people have migrated from? Are you all 12 or smth?

I dunno grapes are pretty smart :p (jk if you have a grapes IQ)

But there was no need to go mad at them, they are just saying what they think

Edited by ArmAriffic

why the fuck this thread goes about the same subjects all over again is above me:

1. BIS will NOT switch engines to Outerra. NO matter how hard you want/dream about it. You guys suggesting it have obviously no idea what that would mean, or what a game engine is. PLUS, you are basing all the wow comments and expectation on Outerra founded on what? Some preview vids on the web and that's it? There is no real product that uses it atm. This is not even wishfull thinking, it is idiocy.

2. Do you think if BIS announces A3 is in the work, they will actually release it the next day? It took about 1 year from the moment A2 was announced to have it hit the stores.

3. About the phisycs engine, BIS had tried to implement destruction for the buildings before, that doesn't mean they will fully implement a physics engine (although i for once will love bullet)

Woah, hold your horses there, pal. What's with all the hate? Can't people just wish for better things? If you have nothing to say, then don't say it at all. And you completely sure about what you are talking?

Too much speculation.

Its probably just another DLC - New Map, Sub, BAF SF and some implementation of physics (client side? so that it's optional?).

Lets not get carried away!

bla bla bla

long time no girlfriend right?

Just had a thought, maybe it's a free addon from BIS like EW but with SAS/SBS because everyone said they we're missing from BAF...

Edited by ArmAriffic

I dunno grapes are pretty smart :p (jk if you have a grapes IQ)

But there was no need to go mad at them, they are just saying what they think

That's the issue...seems they are a lot who are NOT thinking...there is no other logical explanation for some of the comments

Woah, hold your horses there, pal. What's with all the hate? Can't people just wish for better things? If you have nothing to say, then don't say it at all. And you completely sure about what you are talking?

Don't pal me please. There is no hate, just pointing out idiocy and the lack of proper neuronal connections.

Yes, i am sure about what i am posting about, otherwise i wouldn't post in the first place, opposed to some of the people here

You just volunteered then

Heyho@ll, did anyone till yet succeed the login from adminer?

I thought it could be logically that the server should be localhost, and the user maybe p8h8, pbhb, root, admin, administrator OR mywtwowc (comes up when you don't use a username/password).

Edit: Now I can't reach the site anymore

Edit2: adminer.php doesn't exist anymore - but there is still http://p8h8.info/ascii/

Edited by SnowSky

More like butt-hurt, because he can't follow the gig.

There's money to be made in a full-fledged military simulator that is user friendly and easy on the eyes. You're telling me, you go to these depths of visual realism, which is Chernarus scenery in ArmA 2, and yet, you use non-existent physics which break the immersion the second there's any interaction involving ordnance, rocks, tanks et cetera.

:rolleyes:

3Ilojin4vQ8

You just volunteered then

Hahahaha thats funny

Edited by ArmAriffic