Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

ArmA 2 will support 3d? :confused:

No way :butbut:,

Don't be afraid to dream a little bigger, the world will change.

No way :butbut:,

Don't be afraid to dream a little bigger, the world will change.

Why dream, ever heard of NVIDIA 3D or iZ3D ?

What is new for consoles isn't new on PC.

Well what I meant is that it probably doesn't involve 3D but it will make an impact on ArmA world just as much as 3D gaming did to 2D. I personally sure that it will involve new physics and probably it will be bigger then a campaign or DLC. But I'll hush for now and wait.

Those who want to see the 001.txt-039.txt more "animated":

Copy the following Text into a .html File and open it. You can Press next and Previous. The first time it can flicker a bit because your browser has to load the txt files. after it loaded every txt one time, it should look more constantly

<html>
<head>
<title>ShowTxts</title>
<script type="text/javascript">
var currentNr = 1;
function prevTxt() {
  currentNr--;
  showTxt();
}
function nextTxt() {
  currentNr++;
  showTxt();
}
function showTxt() {
  var varLink = "http://p8h8.info/ascii/output/";
  if (currentNr < 10 && currentNr > 0)
    varLink = "http://p8h8.info/ascii/output/00" + currentNr + ".txt";
  else 
    varLink = "http://p8h8.info/ascii/output/0" + currentNr + ".txt";

if (currentNr <= 1 || currentNr >= 39)
  {
	if (currentNr <= 1) {
		document.getElementById('PrevBtn').disabled = true;
	} else {
		if (currentNr >= 39) {
			document.getElementById('NextBtn').disabled = true;
		}
	}
} else {
	document.getElementById('PrevBtn').disabled = false;
	document.getElementById('NextBtn').disabled = false;
}
  document.getElementById('CurrentTxtNr').value = varLink;
  document.TxtThing.data = varLink;
  //document.src.value = varLink;
}
</script>
</head>
<body>
<input name="PrevBtn" id="PrevBtn" type="button" value="Prev" onclick="prevTxt()" disabled="disabled"/>
<input name="CurrentTxtNr" id="CurrentTxtNr" style="width:225;" value="http://p8h8.info/ascii/output/001.txt"/>
<input name="NextBtn" id="NextBtn" type="button" value="Next" onclick="nextTxt()" />
 <object name="TxtThing" data="http://p8h8.info/ascii/output/001.txt" type="image/plain" width="100%" height="95%"> 
   <param name="src" value="http://p8h8.info/ascii/output/001.txt">
   Ihr Browser kann das Objekt leider nicht anzeigen!
 </object>
</body>
</html>

Edit: Is this a Ball (with it's shadow as the second moving "object") that is hitting a Laptop?

Edit 2: Nah - now I got it, it is a Simple wall (with a shadow on the bottom) and a Ball (with a shadow) flying to the wall and destroying it.

What do they want to tell us? That they are smashing us? ^^

Edited by SnowSky

Off-topic

I've always dreamed about such features for arma...(dirt roads,swamps,impassable terrain,etc,etc...)

Edited by Yegor

Gentlemen!!!!

Please, maturity.

Maturity?

The ancient legend of manners and logic?

The INTERNET has dismissed that claim.

could it be that the "world" means the arma community?

maybe our world will change due to a new engine possibly? could a new level of destruction change our "world" by adding more realism? could the map of europe mean ultra large maps will play a part?

Looks more like they maybe porting VBS2 tech into arma... which may be called arma 3...

sub.jpg

Edited by gonk

Looks more like they maybe porting VBS2 tech into arma... which may be called arma 3...

http://arma2.ogn.com.au/images/gonk/ARMA/sub.jpg

The txts cold be really a hint on the part with the physX.

I remember with the physX Application you geat a small "Game" that allows you To throw a ball on a pyramide of balls, and then they collapse - just like in the txt anim

what would physx mean overall? ragdoll animations, no jumping tanks?

wouldnt they have to change all the objects and modells for this?

I quote the above. There was a simple ball smashing a wall as part of the multimedia material promoting PhysX-powered environments (actually the wall-smashing video is probably the most famous or easy to remember). So I quote myself once again.

Destructible environments and increased physics. I don't think I could wish for more, only it is a dangerous dream :)

what would physx mean overall? ragdoll animations, no jumping tanks?

wouldnt they have to change all the objects and modells for this?

Ageia PhysX for example has an own Hardware (you can, but you don't have to own) that calculates advanced physical calculations. I remember some Ubisoft Games like Ghost Recon Advanced Warrior etc. used this as physics engine.

Well it depends on the interfaces they get from the physX Engine - Maybe they'd have to do a lot of work to become the game compatible with the API. But if they did it with VBS2, why not also with ArmA2?

P.S.: I can't assure that there is correct even just a bit I write. This is how I understood the whole thing, please correct me if you know it better

what would physx mean overall?

means ATI users get shafted !! Muhahahaha... or just CPU orientated physx..

means ATI users get shafted !! Muhahahaha... or just CPU orientated physx..

And nVidia users get a useless implementation without any real gameplay benefits because users with older or Ati cards cannot get a different game. Check out the games that already have it, its mostly some extra debris that dissapears quickly, and a bunch of extra smoke. Also, for some reason none of the games that have it have any multiplayer. :p

(Except VBS2, but i assume that is usually only played on LAN anyway)

Hence why i think that PhysX would be an unlikely choice, or a choice you wont have to get excited about.

Yeah, let's just see if we can stick to the topic and perhaps put all this together.

There is something else, namely that the hackers claim to be Persian, but that could be unrelated.

Also, and maybe someone knows more about this, I wonder what it up with the 'p8h8'. What does that mean? Persian Black Hat Boys or something like that was mentioned in the first hack. I wonder if this has significance. Sometimes, words that are too long to write are abbreviated in a similar way, like i18n for internationalization.

And nVidia users get a useless implementation without any real gameplay benefits because users with older or Ati cards cannot get a different game. Check out the games that already have it, its mostly some extra debris that dissapears quickly, and a bunch of extra smoke. Also, for some reason none of the games that have it have any multiplayer. :p

(Except VBS2, but i assume that is usually only played on LAN anyway)

Hence why i think that PhysX would be an unlikely choice, or a choice you wont have to get excited about.

Eye candy's always a + :p

Those who want to see the 001.txt-039.txt more "animated":

Copy the following Text into a .html File and open it. You can Press next and Previous. The first time it can flicker a bit because your browser has to load the txt files. after it loaded every txt one time, it should look more constantly

Edit: Is this a Ball (with it's shadow as the second moving "object") that is hitting a Laptop?

Edit 2: Nah - now I got it, it is a Simple wall (with a shadow on the bottom) and a Ball (with a shadow) flying to the wall and destroying it.

What do they want to tell us? That they are smashing us? ^^

Tried your code, but it didnt seem to work, so I created a php version, but now It seems the images are not "complete"? Do I need to assemble them somehow?

See http://folkersma.org/arma/bis_anim.php

So I quote myself once again.

Destructible environments and increased physics.

I agree there maybe destructible buildings...but destructible world... maybe not

Another question, can we assign the messages from "PBHB" as warnings (like they want to warn us about something) or as Threat (They want to harm the world)?

There is something else, namely that the hackers claim to be Persian, but that could be unrelated.

Also, and maybe someone knows more about this, I wonder what it up with the 'p8h8'. What does that mean? Persian Black Hat Boys or something like that was mentioned in the first hack. I wonder if this has significance. Sometimes, words that are too long to write are abbreviated in a similar way, like i18n for internationalization.

It's called leetspeak, or l33tsp34k. But yes, it is p8h8 subbing for pbhb (Persian Black Hats Boys), which I believe they got the name from the actual Iranian hacker group known as the Iranian Boys Black Hat.

Tried your code, but it didnt seem to work, so I created a php version, but now It seems the images are not "complete"? Do I need to assemble them somehow?

See http://folkersma.org/arma/bis_anim.php

What browser are you using? I tested it with Opera (didn't try with firefox or IE), I see, it doesn't work with IE, will test it again, think I know already the problem, will edit this post soon with the corrected source

See here: http://armaenigma.com/index.php?titl...11,_18:00_CEST

Cool, didn't know about this!

Edited by SnowSky