Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

I've hit a dead end on the matrix calculation front. The inverse of our "key matrix" contains fractions, which is less than ideal for decryption.

^^ heh, I see I'm not the only one. :)

Does that mean I have to listen to Rihanna now? :(

Same here, but I'm glad I tryed it. Afterall it's more logical than having your high hopes on YT links :)

I think we have to replace a Part of the arma URL ... Isn't /null/ a placeholder? Maybe we have to replace /null/ by the Code?! Or /thecode/ ?!

Let's try

I've hit a dead end on the matrix calculation front. The inverse of our "key matrix" contains fractions, which is less than ideal for decryption.

^^ heh, I see I'm not the only one. :)

Does that mean I have to listen to Rihanna now? :(

Be happy atleast it wasn't Rebecca Black :D

I've been going down the matrix road from the start. Unfortunately I know nothing about crypto, but I've read up a bit. And for traditional ciphering you have two methods - Transposition and Substitution. However, the problem I have is that the 3 x 11 doesn't match up with 3x3. If it was 3x12 then I would get it, but it's not. Or 33 chars vs 9.

The hill cipher seems only applicable to 3x3 matrix and we don't have a key anyways. Although if I were to go out on a limb, one could always interpret "the" as the key (www.arma2.com/bin/null/thecode/) but that's a real long shot.

Edit: Check this link http://www.diysciences.net/uploads/collge%20science/lecteres/computer/stage4/computer_sec.pdf for basic crypto stuff or jump directly to page 13)

I think we have to replace a Part of the arma URL ... Isn't /null/ a placeholder? Maybe we have to replace /null/ by the Code?! Or /thecode/ ?!

Let's try

Been doing that since time immemorial. What's the code, though? :D

What about the p3R51An 8lacK Hat5 8oy5

Are the number and capitals relevant? 3R51A8KH585

or am I reading too much into the l33t?

Is ASTUTE relevant to the code?

You gotta think the 3x3 numbers mean something to the youtube videos.

You gotta think the 3x3 numbers mean something to the youtube videos.

Or maybe BIS is just trolling us...

uc?id=0BxYVxK3dA0wFYWI2OTlhZTQtZDZmYy00YzExLTg0ZTAtM2U0Nzg1ZTk2Zjdj&export=download&hl=en

lol, i actually solved the matrix :D

but sadly it brings back the same numbers which we used to define the letters to

I've been trying to enter the codes into the BIS site, but no luck so far.

The one code I did find that I though was relevant or at least funny "4IbEMocYR"

I be mockery... - cute, but it's lead to no results. (Misread this)

You know that is odd because the date time stamp on the picture is April 1, 2011...

Edited by Dissaifer

Hi guys,

I followed this thread since the beginning, as I bought Arma2 last week at steam, when there was an Arma2 sale. I thought it would be an nice idea to watch the forums to get used to Arma and then I noticed the hack thingy. This is quite funny. But I saw some people thinking about lines in the camouflage picture and I did some experimenting with it and moving the layers. I just wanted you to know that its a dead end because those lines seems to be just artifacts from converting the code into this 3D image. I made a picture to clear things up a bit:

This is the pic by KBourne:

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac313/Tvertne/hackedno_a_Updated.jpg

My pic:

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/2636/camouflagenew.jpg

I accidently moved the excluded layer a bit to the right and then this showed up. First I was like WOOOH. But then i realised those lines are just artifacts which are duplicated from left to right. For clarification a made a colored "line" where you can see where which line belongs to.

Greetings from Germany "Mainstriker"

P.S.: This account though is from old OFP times ;)

For all of you who don´t know who Scarecrow was.

Harvest Red, Mission 3, Attack on chernogorsk.

Scarecrow is a USMC Sniper/Spotter that "guides" you through the industrial Area and gives you the Location of The Warehouse were Lopotev is hiding.

You don´t actually see Scarecrow, you only hear him

For all of you who don´t know who Scarecrow was.

Harvest Red, Mission 3, Attack on chernogorsk.

Scarecrow is a USMC Sniper/Spotter that "guides" you through the industrial Area and gives you the Location of The Warehouse were Lopotev is hiding.

You don´t actually see Scarecrow, you only hear him

That's correct & he's voiced,

Iranian hacking group extend scope of cyber-attacks

At aan-online.com

As previously reported by AAN, an Iranian hacking group P8H8 has in recent days targeted the official website of popular military game Arma 2 with a series of digital defacements which have left the developers and security experts baffled, both by the means in which the hacking group are carrying out the attacks and more specifically the reason for the attacks and the mysterious information being left behind following each attack.

Just first paragraph.

Edit:

The codes were identified as video reference codes for the popular video sharing website Youtube, the codes equate to three different videos: Tom Waits "Black Wings", Rihanna "Breaking Dishes" & Bruce Springsteen "The Wrestler". One of the available hypotheses appears to point to exact time stamps during the videos.

Looks like the youtube ones were right?

Edited by Glowbal

Hmn.. Lopotev ended up dead spread in a coffin. But now that you mentioned him, perhaps BIS made default Missile-Pack like Mandoble's, but then as set standard for all, along with some extensions on various available payloads and perhaps even launch-systems?

It also could be an alteration of the Takistani Scud, being given an additional Chedaki and Russian paintjob, now allowing players to select targets by default ingame action-menu selection just like the way Gigan's Scud operates.

Now if that's the case, it would mean the Bluefor also should have something along those lines, to even the odds. Patriot interceptor missiles perhaps? Or even a sub capable of launching nuclear missiles?.. Hmn, the latter won't be able to operate in Takistan/Zargabad/Desert map.. Submarines aren't really usefull either in an Infantry-sim.. But a Mandoble-esque BIS created Missile-pack sounds feasable to me.

http://www.arma2.com/administrator/

It can't possibly mean this? It's posted my so called "hackers" on the arma 2 page, saying that we can do the same.

I know very little about webpages, maintanence and stuff. Do they really use interfaces in the browser to update their pages?

Yes, that's the official admin interface for the CMS (Joomla) BIS uses for ArmA2.com

dang it, AAN gives us the clues that youtubers were right...

We can only advise the Arma2 community as a whole to stay alert, be vigilant, and to trust no-one.

... or do they?

Could it be, that current puzzle is already solved and we have to wait until next "hack"?

We can work with metaphors.

songs name:

"Black Wings" = plane ,helicopter (black hawk) ??

"Breaking Dishes" = death , break up ??

"The Wrestler" = soldier ??

or work with words from song, I don't know? :confused:

Could it be, that current puzzle is already solved and we have to wait until next hack?

Nope. We still don't know what the YouTube videos mean. The numbers may be time codes and some people have collected corresponding words from the lyrics, but after that it looks like a dead end.

Assuming for a moment that "Have you ever seen that scarecrow, then you've seen me" refers to Lopotev. How much of a coincidence is it that his alias is Akula, a type of Russian submarine?

We can only advise the Arma2 community as a whole to stay alert, be vigilant, and to trust no-one.

... or do they?

AAN news are tabloid, only they want is page traffics. :p

Edited by BoboCZ