Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

That's a good point. Check the AAN website, everything we've discovered has been confirmed. The map, the YouTube links and time code, but there's no confirmation of the sub trace.

Although that could be because there was debate over whether the codes were YouTube links or not, so I guess the story was to tell us that we were on the right track whereas the sub has been mainly agreed upon.

The sub image was also confirmed on Armaholic along with possible keywords "luckely" and "presence". Although it's not known if Armaholic is that much in depth with it.

fully agree,

SOMEONE!

MAKE A WARROOM QUICK >:C

and make sure to include a red phone.

gentlemen and pls don't forget not to fight in the war room,

or ride on A-bombs

UnuldorCZ

Ah OK cheers for that. So do the words "kamenný muž pšenice" ring any bells for you as a native Czech speaker? In an ArmA context?

I freely admit I might be going off on a bit of a wild goose chase here.

noup...no bell ringing right now :(

noup...no bell ringing right now :(

Ah OK, well cheers anyway mate.

I'm just wondering, is "scarecrow" a verified part of the puzzle? Or is it just one of those things folks got talking about and suddenly it was a "fact"?

I've set up a wiki at ArmaEnigma.com. Could perhaps be used as a place to gather and discuss info + hints. :)

Couldn´t be done on the BIWiki? (to maintian the record for future generations...)

I found this:

Daemon Sent We

as an anagram of :

STONE

MAN

WEED

Wierd.. I'll try with wheat next.

EDIT:Nah, wheat didn't turn up anything interesting.

Edited by FBX

Couldn´t be done on the BIWiki? (to maintian the record for future generations...)

Also possible. In any case, I intend to collect clues etc. on the new wiki. Take it or leave it. ;)

How did we came to the finding of "scarecrow"?

Guys, "the code" is just the youtube URLs. You put in the "code" to youtube you got the videoes and the time stamp and then you get the words. It's just a hint, like the map and the sub. They're not providing us with 8 layers of hints. We solved the thrid hack, now we have to wait for the 4th one.

Cheesy countdown clock here: http://grimtask.com/

How did we came to the finding of "scarecrow"?

That's what I'm saying mate - I don't think we did. It got quoted as part of the lyrics from one of the YouTube clips, and it kind of rolled from there.

It's obvious we don't have the full picture yet. We know there's a "special" coming from the chatter, but we can't act on what we know until we find out more.

Shades of Rumsfeld and his "known unknowns" there, for which profuse apologies.

We didn't.

It's part of the lyrics in one of the songs. Scarecrow is also a character in ARMA 2.

Someone else suggested stone + man + wheat = scarecrow... but I'm not aware of any scarecrows made with stone!

I don't think the scarecrow link is solid.

Best guess at the moment is the lyrics at the time stamp represent some form of the code. Code seems to indicate we need to do something with the words.

We could do with a hint from AAN about...

stone man wheat

or

stone

man

wheat

WTF is going on who would be planning an assault on Europe? WTF has a Royal navy sub got to do with anything????

In the "stone" age, "man" ground grains of "wheat" with rocks to make flour

:D

Going back to the map...

Looks like its a straight photocopy from a book?

Or do you think BIS created that page?

Can we find the book?

Maybe the sub means that there are indeed youtube links hidden there, and you have to SUBscribe to the profile it was set up by LOL.

Not entirely linked to the clues so far, there are some interesting mentions in one of the old AAN articles.

http://www.aan-online.com/en/europe/30-green-sea-armex-events-confirmed.html

The Quebec City-headquartered Corporation was established in 1986, founded in principle by visionary shipping industrialist, Raymond John St. Pierre, and several other key investors. Vrana holds the majority stake in several international private security and military companies, with market analysts forecasting the company to continue to expand in this sector in the financial year 2010/11.

Vrana continues to expand its diverse portfolio of business interests; recently, strengthening its foothold in Chinese shipping markets and trade infrastructure, with a host of strategic acquisitions.

MAZARGAN, Karzseghistan could be a focus of upcoming content. Was Vrana mentioned in the PMC campaign?

Edited by Daniel

Shame that it doesn't link to WW2 because there was Astute back then also. But your right, all evidence suggests modern-era.

Going back to the map...

Can we find the book?

Someone else stated that the font used on the map-page is BIS', so you probably won't find a matching book.

Going back to the map...

Can we find the book?

I don’t think it’s a book – it’s a copy of page 613 from a fictitious intelligence report. Ref #081206 and based on information from LCIGNITE on 07/06/02.

One thing occurs – are the land borders shown on the map accurate for June 2002?

SMW = Strategic Missile Wing? ICBMs would feature heavily in the scenarior shown in the map.

Would be funny if this ARG led to revelation of special 30$ DLC with funny iranian and chinese hats for ArmA 2 multiplayer.:D

Stone, man and wheat could also be a reference to a miller or the name "Miller".

Thinking about it, this map shows Phase 5 of the “planâ€. In this phase, Turkey’s obviously the launch point for a land-based assault on Western Europe. Given the direction of the assault, it suggests the previous phases have come from somewhere east of Turkey. Not a huge leap to put Iran in the frame there.

And then there’s the odd reference to “Persia†in Chinese characters.

You lot join the dots.

sry i did give up up on following this thread post by post, just to much

did someone notice that those pictures are 3d pictures and u can see the numbers and letters without using photoshop, just with ur own eyes? i remember when there was a boom of books with those 3d pictures ca. 16 years ago. see here: http://www.eyetricks.com/3dstereo.htm

this one is amazing but hard to get: http://www.eyetricks.com/3dstereo143.htm sry for a bit OT

Edited by RunForrest