Sign in to follow this  
wolffy.au

Multi-Session Operations v3.4 is released!

What the hell is this doing on the second page?! Anyway, Wolffy.au, any news on 3.41? :D

Yeah - RL gets in the way. I'll package up what I got and release. It may be a little buggy, but I'm sure we can work out the hitches between us (read that: you guys will fix what you can and give back to me to redistribute! :D)

Sweet. As soon as you release I'll update the simple BAF/ACE mission I have going and chuck it out for people to play around with.

Sweet. As soon as you release I'll update the simple BAF/ACE mission I have going and chuck it out for people to play around with.

That sounds awesome mate looking forward to the release of 3.41 and your ACE version of this missions :)

How could one get the name of the nearest town of a given position? In other words, my HVT script spawns the target randomly, but given the random chance of intel, I want the players to know the last sightings of them. Any ideas?

I revisited NOU caching and came to a verdict, don't enable

MSO_useCBA =

Performance came back with this flag turned back off, or so it seems. I'm getting 14-16 FPS with all factions turned on with intensity set at 150%, just like with CEP_cache.

When I enable BOTH types of caching I get 16-18, the best yet but I need to research AI behavior. It seems performance fluctuates to a minimum of 14 but recovers quickly to 16 @ 318AI otherwise load stays mostly the same.

As for AI running out of fuel a week into a mission some sort of script could be:

this allcars east(etc) addfuel +15-25% 24 hours

CASEVAC works great from initial testing, keep it up.

Keep in mind I enabled IEDs so load may be there. I'm also using ZeusAI, GL4, portions of SLX. Everything works when you make changes outlined in the bugtracker I posted. I apologize if I did not use correct formatting, etc. My first time using a tracker.

Edited by zorrobyte

As for AI running out of fuel a week into a mission some sort of script could be:

I don't have time to reply to everything, but you can add Refuel trucks with AI drivers on SUPPORT waypoints, and the OPFOR units will call them out when they need fuel. Try it, let me know if it works for you.

Any one made an ACE version yet that dont require any other special add on`s?.

Thanks

Hey wolffy. Really enjoying putting the MSO into almost every mission!

I'm having a little difficulty with one mission (that has an interesting handlehit unconsciouness thing going on) that conflicts with the MSO. If there anyway to NOT have the MSO kick in when knocked unconscious?

I'm NOT using the revive module btw.

Cheers mate. I hope you and your team keep up the EXCELLENT work !

@Kremator

The playerinit.sqf has a respawn eventhandler added there, thats probably your issue ;)

Any one made an ACE version yet that dont require any other special add on`s?.

Thanks

I've got an ACE Takistan 3.4 that only requires ACEX and ACE and CBA, BAF if you're interested shoot me a PM i'll upload for you? Modified for SP and repositioned the US base to the Mine.

Hey yanhchan I don't mean to sound ungrateful I am after an MP version mate as I want to run it on me dedi server for me and me mates.

The version I did for MSO 3.4 uses just ACE & BAF. You can get it here

I'm waiting on Wolffy to release the final 3.41 before updating it, but if it's going to take a while I'll update the mission to 3.41rc anyway (or just depbo and copy the mission.sqm into the 3.41rc folder...it really is that simple).

I don't have time to reply to everything, but you can add Refuel trucks with AI drivers on SUPPORT waypoints, and the OPFOR units will call them out when they need fuel. Try it, let me know if it works for you.

Of course, I do appreciate everything you do and MSO is a GREAT project. Hopefully I can make some high quality missions and add features that can be added to a MSO release that would benefit the Dev team and the community.

I tweaked the current MSO v3.41rc to add some ACE stuff. Mainly just added a few ACE weapons crates, the medic modules and disabled R3F Logistics, Revive and RMMTires since these are all covered by ACE. Otherwise everything else is the same.

Get it here

I tweaked the current MSO v3.41rc to add some ACE stuff. Mainly just added a few ACE weapons crates, the medic modules and disabled R3F Logistics, Revive and RMMTires since these are all covered by ACE. Otherwise everything else is the same.

Get it here

Wooot thanks man you never fail to give out your ACE version much appreciated.

So guys, a conclusion I am reaching is that the MSO cannot have all the Enemy modules running at the same time with 100% intensity.

What do you guys think about about MSO's that only run Terrorist Cells, or only run Enemy Pop? The other option is all enabled by default but all running at low intensity, so we don't kill the servers with AI numbers.

What do you think guys? Any suggestions?

Hmmmm I'm running TCells and Enemy pop at the same time without any problems.

Yo Wolffy,

i also had this feelings when i first run 3.40 ;) it got a bit better on 3.41 but only slightly. After tweaking and sizzling around with ambience modules and enemypop i got a quite well working expierience at about 21-25 fps without terrorists and 15-18 with terrorists even on 1 recr./hour.

An idea would be to have several easy-to-setup low/mid/high-"intensity" settings (for TCells & Enemypop combined) as you suggested above since I am quite sure there are also ppl who dont run MSO for many days on a real hosted server but only for an evening or maybe 2-3 days at max and maybe even hosted locally on their machines. Those ppl can setup TCells with 4 recruits.

Also friznits "enemy cap"-feature would help to keep down server load.

My suggestions would be:

- "Max group" settings for enemypop to only spawn a certain amount of group-markers (on mission start) to add ability to really reduce the groups accuractly.

- in addition Friznits "enemy cap"-feature to have not all groups spawn when run in an area by accident (we will need to have some more INTEL about the already spawned groups then, so we can kill em :).

- Terrorist cells has a good amount of parameters already and 0.33 should be fitting for a real server thats up for 5-10 days.

let me think some more, get back to ya ;)

We've had 3.41 running pretty stable for 2+ weeks, but with TCells set to 0.33 and 100% en pop intensity. Turned off birds, dogs, flies & sandstorms as well because tbh they got pretty irritating after a while. We showed an average 15 fps throughout and only the occasional bit of odd behaviour (some vehicle respawning stopped working, Civs starting doing the dancing chicken thing but nothing too game breaking). This was however on a server with 4Gb RAM, which made a huge difference compared to our usual 2Gb one.

Another downside of my enemy cap idea is that you can't truly clear an area of enemy presence, as they may pop up there late once you've killed a group elsewhere. This may be an acceptable compromise for maintaining server performance long term though.

Is there a way to edit the enemy populator to removed certain classes such as Armored and Air. I'm trying to create a mission where its just about maintaining the stability of the region and the idea is that its local insurgency left so they no longer have access to Ass or Air so to speak.

Any tips would be apperciated.

Yep, Highhead's post a couple of pages back explains how it works. There's an array in the enpop module that dictates the chances of spawning armour/inf etc, so you can simply set the armour to zero.

Isn't denying access to Ass is pretty evil though? Or is that how you intend to explain their extremist tendencies?

Thanks man that helped a lot! I'm glad i can get rid of armor since I create simple missions for my novice friends