Sign in to follow this  
wolffy.au

Multi-Session Operations v3.4 is released!

Wolffy and Co, you made the greatest mod for arma, but as it seems you reached the wall.

What about rethinking everything? You already got every buliding block to create a lifelike mission.

How about creating a situation where the opfor is breaching in the map, using some strong forces, buildig a base like your own. After that they could get reinforcement only by transporting it to their base with convoys. So you could have a capped enemy force inside. You could get intel about the convoys, and by taking them out, you could lower the enemy force temporary.

In real life, where war is ther are not too many moving civs. So if one village is under attack or, there is a fight, you could remove 90% of the population from there. Only 1-2 civs running around and scare the life out of the bluefor soldiers. (Plus making bigger penalty if you shot a civ.)

The terrorist cells could have a one or two cells per town limit. A cell should be maxed to 4 people. If they are capeble of using ieds, laying tripwires, using 1 man for sniping, they would be hard to get, and cause real trouble is you don't deal with them. And you should only randomise the roles in the cells, to make it lifelike.And you could subtract the tc from the civs so you could have a maxed population per town/village.

what do you think?

(Sorry for my bad english.)

i tought of a Takistan divided in sectors (or better call it regions. Like the red spaces in insurgency over an area with houses - just bigger, like 3kmx3km).

If an enemy-limit in a sector/region is reached, they wont spawn till the number/groups are reduced there.

Good sides about that:

- You dont loose the "fully-populated"-factor since all over map can be enemies but limited to a fair amount in each "region".

- You could define a spawn-limit for each region so that regions with more towns have more enemies.

- You could mark the capped regions on map as "areas with high enemy activity", so players know where they have to go first.

- Also, as Friz stated, this method would keep spanwings in a certain region. You wont have the problem, that you kill a guy in sakhe and then far elsewhere another group is spawned. The new groups would also spawn in the same region you already are, as long as there are no more unspawned enemypop-markers.

im sure it has some more good points on the have-side ;) pls correct me if i have a brain-bug!

Edited by highhead
another point ;)

How do I remove the "medical system" that MSO is using?eg the being wounded stuff...I just want to use the ACE one and dropping in the modules mixes the two.

I assume you mean RMM_revive? Look in ..\support\modules\modules.hpp and comment out RMM_Revive. If you're making it all ACE you may want to comment out RMM_Tyres and R3F_Logistics as well (although they work happily alongside the ACE logistics stuff). Other than swapping out a few ammo boxes and vehicles for the ACE versions, that's all there is to making MSO fully ACE'd up.

Not a bad idea, but how can you handle the situation if 2 or more groups are online, and they go to different regions? This was the greatest flaw of the other mission wich name i can't remember. (The main goal was clearing the maps from enemys. If you destroyd the radio tower and cleard the area then the town was free from enemy, and you could go to the next village or town...)

You can't create walls becouse of the aircrafts. Simplify the enemy forces on the not used areas (Like using one enemy marker for a whole battalion is there arn't any bluefor units, and "unpacking" the battalion if one player is around. ) is also a no go, becouse if you fly a plane or a heli, then you won't find there any enemy (if you hide them in inactive regions), or the engine would spawn there some, and again there goes your fps...

I had an idea about a year, that more servers should be connected, and synced, to have more enemys, and more fps, could be this makeble, with MSO? Each server could handle one region...

i tought of a Takistan divided in sectors (or better call it regions. Like the red spaces in insurgency over an area with houses - just bigger, like 3kmx3km).

If an enemy-limit in a sector/region is reached, they wont spawn till the number/groups are reduced there.

Good sides about that:

- You dont loose the "fully-populated"-factor since all over map can be enemies but limited to a fair amount in each "region".

- You could define a spawn-limit for each region so that regions with more towns have more enemies.

- You could mark the capped regions on map as "areas with high enemy activity", so players know where they have to go first.

- Also, as Friz stated, this method would keep spanwings in a certain region. You wont have the problem, that you kill a guy in sakhe and then far elsewhere another group is spawned. The new groups would also spawn in the same region you already are, as long as there are no more unspawned enemypop-markers.

im sure it has some more good points on the have-side ;) pls correct me if i have a brain-bug!

FE.: Asume Main-Takistan is divided in 9 big rectangle sectors.

- 3 different groups on takistan (one far in the S, one far NE and one far NW)

- enemy cap is "on" in the sectors where the S-Group is AND where the NW-group are, cuz in each of those sectors have around 100 enemies spawned already (200 in whole), but some markers are still left unspawned to save server-performance.

- After the 2 groups (S and NW) killed some of those takis (lets asume 50 in each sector) the sector-cap is turned "off" and new groups can spawn again in this sectors (lets asume at least 700 mtrs. away from the players to not have it pop up 2 mtrs in front of them).

- The third Group (NE) wouldnt have been affected at all cuz in their sector nothing happened at all.

i think it would work

All great ideas guys.

I will release tonight hopefully and start work on a TvTvT version. Any of you are welcome to pick up these ideas and join the team in making a version as described. The more, the merrier.

I assume you mean RMM_revive? Look in ..\support\modules\modules.hpp and comment out RMM_Revive. If you're making it all ACE you may want to comment out RMM_Tyres and R3F_Logistics as well (although they work happily alongside the ACE logistics stuff). Other than swapping out a few ammo boxes and vehicles for the ACE versions, that's all there is to making MSO fully ACE'd up.

Many thanks, I'm still learning the framework, would have taken me ages to realize its there.

I have another question, I want to make a Russian MSO on Takistan[eg 80s Afghanistan]...I can always take the easy way of just renaming the units side in the mission.sqm but that produces a whole lot of problems with the AI, how would I tackle it?what would I need to change?

Also, does the current version of MSO support Fallujah 1.2, Tropico and Panthera island?what would need to be done for it?

These questions are coming because I am in the design phase of the mission - no access to my ArmA computer till Sunday.

Wolffy, if i had half the knowledge for programming as you, i would do it... :)

All great ideas guys.

I will release tonight hopefully and start work on a TvTvT version. Any of you are welcome to pick up these ideas and join the team in making a version as described. The more, the merrier.

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Hmm, Highhead not a bad one!

Is these spawn distance spherical, or freeform? Becouse if you fly over (NE) sector and do not attack, and fly over 150 altitude (is it meter, or feet?) :) then the (NE) opfor wouldnt spawn, that would be great for the server.

Maybe the groups would be limited like (owned territory in m2):enemy count.

Are soldiers equal cpu consuming as armory? Becouse if not, you could use enemy count as a counter for free cpu% dedicatod to one side. And different units wolud take different sizes. Soldier 1, Armory 2, Aircraft 3. or something like that depending on cpu usage...

FE.: Asume Main-Takistan is divided in 9 big rectangle sectors.

- 3 different groups on takistan (one far in the S, one far NE and one far NW)

- enemy cap is "on" in the sectors where the S-Group is AND where the NW-group are, cuz in each of those sectors have around 100 enemies spawned already (200 in whole), but some markers are still left unspawned to save server-performance.

- After the 2 groups (S and NW) killed some of those takis (lets asume 50 in each sector) the sector-cap is turned "off" and new groups can spawn again in this sectors (lets asume at least 700 mtrs. away from the players to not have it pop up 2 mtrs in front of them).

- The third Group (NE) wouldnt have been affected at all cuz in their sector nothing happened at all.

i think it would work

Yep, Highhead's post a couple of pages back explains how it works. There's an array in the enpop module that dictates the chances of spawning armour/inf etc, so you can simply set the armour to zero.

Isn't denying access to Ass is pretty evil though? Or is that how you intend to explain their extremist tendencies?

Another question I've got is I've modded all of the the spawn possiblity/ratios to

inf, motor, mech, armored

[8,6,0,0]

But my buddies are still getting raped by the BTRs reduced it down the 8,0,0,0 and the same thing. Armor is definately gone but the BTRs still remain. I tried running it without convoys thinking that may be the case but its still messed up and BTRs are still spawning.

Have you read the Editors manual (although its outdated?)?

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/mso/documents

I had a look at it before I started checking the MSO 3.4 BAF/US, it didn't help me much, I still have no idea how to change the enemy side from OPFOR[since its going to be Russians] to independent?

Ok guys - I'm putting the call out there.

If you've got MSO's you're willing to update to 3.42RC, I will distribute them as part of the 3.42 release.

I am about to upload a bunch of missions as 3.42RC's and I ask if you're able to help "fix" any mission related bugs (vehicles missing, gameplay stuff), please do and re-submit back to me.

If its an MSO bug (broken functionality), I'm happy to get a ticket logged and we'll try to fix. Unfortunately what I'm finding is that I don't have enough time to release, let alone fix every mission I want to distribute. If you play an RC mission, and somethings broken you can fix - please do and get back to me with it for re-distribution.

if i may make a suggestion, get rid of the nasty ass Delta Force guys on the Takistan BAF / US. and replace them with the regular US Army guys, just a little thing. other than that, i really love this mission.

if i may make a suggestion, get rid of the nasty ass Delta Force guys on the Takistan BAF / US. and replace them with the regular US Army guys, just a little thing. other than that, i really love this mission.

Are you referring to the vanilla BAF/USA MSO? Those are the default BIS models - I didn't think they were Delta Force.

Are you referring to the vanilla BAF/USA MSO? Those are the default BIS models - I didn't think they were Delta Force.

yeah, sorry about that man. the older version had the delta's, the latest version does not! i will modify my post. sorry about that :o.

They're the original USMC from ArmA2 iirc. I need to correct a few errors I picked up while testing the ACE version - they're mostly mission editing stuff rather than MSO related. Although after a couple of hours the FOB did feel rather crowded - the civ emergency services seemed to think we were giving away free donuts and took over the place!

I figured out most of the stuff.

Why isn't the air ambiance module working?I changed it to have Russian helicopters flying and nothing - haven't seen any of them.

cfggroups.hpp - the only thing I changed

class East
{
	name = "$STR_EAST";
	class ACE_RU
	{
		class Air 
		{
			class Mi24_PFlight
			{
				name = "Mi24_PFlight";
				faction = "ACE_RU";
				rarityGroup = 0.3;
				minAltitude = 60;
				maxAltitude = 150;
				class Unit0
				{
					side = 1;
					vehicle = "Mi24_P";
					rank = "CAPTAIN";
					position[] = {0,0,0};
				};
			};
			class Mi17_rockets_RUFlight
			{
				name = "Mi17_rockets_RUFlight";
				faction = "ACE_RU";
				rarityGroup = 0.3;
				minAltitude = 40;
				maxAltitude = 100;
				class Unit0
				{
					side = 1;
					vehicle = "Mi17_rockets_RU";
					rank = "CAPTAIN";
					position[] = {0,0,0};
				};
			};
			class ACE_Mi17_RUFlight
			{
				name = "ACE_Mi17_RUFlight";
				faction = "ACE_RU";
				rarityGroup = 0.3;
				minAltitude = 40;
				maxAltitude = 100;
				class Unit0
				{
					side = 1;
					vehicle = "ACE_Mi17_RU";
					rank = "CAPTAIN";
					position[] = {0,0,0};
				};
			}
			class Mi24_VFlight
			{
				name = "Mi24_VFlight";
				faction = "ACE_RU";
				rarityGroup = 0.3;
				minAltitude = 60;
				maxAltitude = 150;
				class Unit0
				{
					side = 1;
					vehicle = "Mi24_V";
					rank = "CAPTAIN";
					position[] = {0,0,0};
				};
			};
		};
	};
};

Air ambience works by looking for helipads and hangars on the map, then detecting the predominant presence of forces in the vicinity, and finally spawning aircraft of that side. If it can't detect either east or west dominance, it defaults to civilian aircraft.

So if you want an airfield to spawn russian aircraft, plonk a bunch of empty russian heli's on it.

It took me a while to figure it but eventually what I did was change the default side from civilian to east[in the air ambiance module] and change all the factions/vehicles to Russians, got it working now.

I'm getting RPT spam on the server with it, help?

Link to the mission:

Requires ACE/ACRE

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20434459/CO20_MSO_Patrol_Bear_v1rc3.Takistan.pbo

7:21:55 "MSO-1470.87 CEP Caching # 68/76 Cached Groups 112/85/100 Active/Suspended/Cached Units"
7:21:56 "MSO-1472.33 Dog Packs creating wilddogs_9402"
7:21:57 "MSO-1473.38 CEP Caching # 68/76 Cached Groups 117/85/100 Active/Suspended/Cached Units"
7:21:58 Behaviour
7:21:58 Error in expression < [_x - (_range / 2) + random _range];
} foreach _twnrespect;
_who setvariable [">
7:21:58   Error position: <foreach _twnrespect;
_who setvariable [">
7:21:58   Error foreach: Type Number, expected Array
7:21:58 File ca\modules\functions\systems\fn_respect.sqf, line 77
7:21:59 "MSO-1474.84 CEP Caching # 68/76 Cached Groups 118/85/100 Active/Suspended/Cached Units"
7:22:00 Server: Object 240:13 not found (message 124)
7:22:02 "MSO-1477.83 CEP Caching # 68/76 Cached Groups 116/86/101 Active/Suspended/Cached Units"
7:22:07 "MSO-1482.82 CEP Caching # 68/76 Cached Groups 117/86/101 Active/Suspended/Cached Units"
7:22:09 Behaviour
7:22:10 "MSO-1485.85 Dog Packs destroying wilddogs_9402"
7:22:11 "MSO-1487.32 CEP Caching # 69/77 Cached Groups 115/86/101 Active/Suspended/Cached Units"
7:22:15 "MSO-1491.37 CEP Caching # 69/77 Cached Groups 116/86/101 Active/Suspended/Cached Units"
7:22:18 Behaviour
7:22:18 "MSO-1494.31 CEP Caching # 69/77 Cached Groups 115/86/101 Active/Suspended/Cached Units"
7:22:20 "MSO-1495.83 CEP Caching # 69/77 Cached Groups 112/87/103 Active/Suspended/Cached Units"
7:22:22 Error in expression < [_x - (_range / 2) + random _range];
} foreach _twnrespect;
_who setvariable [">
7:22:22   Error position: <foreach _twnrespect;
_who setvariable [">
7:22:22   Error foreach: Type Number, expected Array
7:22:22 File ca\modules\functions\systems\fn_respect.sqf, line 77
7:22:29 Behaviour
7:22:30 "MSO-1506.34 Dog Packs creating wilddogs_9402"
7:22:32 "MSO-1507.85 CEP Caching # 69/77 Cached Groups 117/87/103 Active/Suspended/Cached Units"
7:22:36 Behaviour
7:22:41 "MSO-1516.7 Air Traffic: HeliPad 8  Found ControlTowers: 0"
7:22:42 "MSO-1518.35 Dog Packs destroying wilddogs_9402"
7:22:44 "MSO-1519.84 CEP Caching # 69/77 Cached Groups 112/87/103 Active/Suspended/Cached Units

The MSO related stuff is normal - it's logging what the modules are up to (group numbers, cached units, ambiet air activity etc).

The errors to do with _twnrespect I believe have been bug reported already.

so its possible to spawn custom groups from what i hear utilizing the spawn function and ZORA- so how can I create spawnable groups based on the i44 addon? Normally I would bug Wollfy on skype but my skype wont launch, so im stuck trying here.

Also, again.... how can I determine the name of the nearest town of a position? Thanks!

Can someone please make a demo mission on how to Turn off a few town spawns for ambient Civs Vehicles and animals in MSO. I have no clue about scripting so when looking at the biki its like Japanese to me. I really want to use the Airfields as a base but the nearby towns cause server FPS to drop to unacceptable levels at start. When i use the Demo mission of mso ware the base is in the center. The server FPS is nice.

Whats with the frame stutter on i7 x58 based PC in 3.42? I never had a problem in 3.3.

i'm getting some less than admirable frame rates especially when entering cities. (possibly caused by the amount of ambiance in the area).