Sign in to follow this  
wolffy.au

Multi-Session Operations v3.4 is released!

3.41 is flying tiger airways, so the flight has been delayed until further notice

eb

Wolffy.au, any ETA on 3.41? :D

Yeah, its good to go. Will try to do official release tonight!

Was hoping to back it with some performance improvement figures, which although look awesome, may not reflect a true performance improvement.

Will try for tonight!

Yeah, I'm really sorry guys - RL has been killing me.

I've uploaded a 3.41 release candidate. AAF and I have been testing it seperately and it appears to be working fine.

See here:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/mso/files

I've tentatively set v3.41 to be officially released 31 May 2011.

Nice work Wolffy! Is this the ACE version as well?

No, this is a release candidate. If it works fine, we can release an ACE version in a day or two.

Up for some hours, finally i can run TCells and enemypop and server stays on 21 fps with loaaads of spawned units! Looks really good so far with Nou Caching, also with 2000 _trigdist. Can say more tomorrow i think! Nice work m8!

Does this mission require Combined Arms? I can't seem to run it using OA standalone with cba_oa

The demo's probably require Combined Arms. I don't believe the MSO code itself requires them, as everything is compiled form the configFile, so it would vary depending on what you have loaded.

I have had an editor tell me he got it working on A2 no issues, so I'm pretty sure its possible to work on A2, OA or Combined Arms - but never confirmed it.

The demo's probably require Combined Arms. I don't believe the MSO code itself requires them, as everything is compiled form the configFile, so it would vary depending on what you have loaded.

I have had an editor tell me he got it working on A2 no issues, so I'm pretty sure its possible to work on A2, OA or Combined Arms - but never confirmed it.

Never mind, I needed to load @cba as well as @cba_oa! The latest RC has "mmt_usmc" which OA does not have. I believe this is the mountain bike, correct?

Wolffy what would I need to do to add first aid options like dragging and carrying? Would I need to add a certain module?

I added in the 3 First Aid modules and linked them to the function modules like all the others were. Should that be enough?

EDIT: I noticed a revive folder in the modules folder. So I guess the functions were already there? Hrm...

Edited by zuff

EDIT: NVM Fixed it. :P

Edited by FelixK44

Can someone tell me which files have the faction list and units for spawning enemies,vehicles, etc. ?

MSO_FACTIONS array is what dictates which factions are spawned.

It is selectable in the mission parameters, but there is nothing stopping you from hard coding it.

MSO_FACTIONS array is what dictates which factions are spawned.

It is selectable in the mission parameters, but there is nothing stopping you from hard coding it.

Yeah, I tried that but maybe im doing somthing wrong because if I change the factions nothing spawns but civs... :D

Default MSO 3.4 code:

MSO_FACTIONS = [];
if(!isNil "faction_RU") then {
       if(faction_RU == 1) then {
               MSO_FACTIONS = MSO_FACTIONS + ["RU"];
       };
};

edited MSO 3.4 code:

MSO_FACTIONS = [];
if(!isNil "faction_RU") then {[b][color="Red"]<--- see below[/color][/b]
       if(faction_RU == 1) then { [b][color="Red"]<--- pretty sure this is just for the parameters so it doesn't need to be changed right?(Russians Enabled)[/color][/b]
               MSO_FACTIONS = MSO_FACTIONS + ["[b][color="Lime"]I44_G_WH[/color][/b]"];
       };
};

other MSO 3.4 Code I tried:

MSO_FACTIONS = [[b][color="Lime"]"I44_G_WH"[/color][/b]];
(Deleted all the other lines faction_RU == 1 etc.)

Edited by FelixK44

Any success with norrin's revive module or reezos IEDs as a module Wolffy?

Is there anywhere to set an upper limit on the number of enemy groups spawned? During our last run, the debug stats showed upwards of 1200 groups at the peak, at which point the server was groaning. Server load cleared up progressively over the next few days, which at first I thought was odd, until I saw the number of enemy groups had dropped by half, suggesting that all the scripts had packed it in. Indeed, the ambient stuff had stopped working and modules weren't initialising properly on JIP.

Admittedly things may have improved a lot since your script streamlining efforts, but hardcoding an upper cap on enemy groups could have a significant impact I think.

other MSO 3.4 Code I tried:

MSO_FACTIONS = [[b][color="Lime"]"I44_G_WH"[/color][/b]];
(Deleted all the other lines faction_RU == 1 etc.)

Not sure as I've never used I44. Maybe DPG-Wall can let us know how he got it to work.

Any success with norrin's revive module or reezos IEDs as a module Wolffy?

Norrin's Revive is difficult to turn into a module, but can still be applied to the MSO. Reezo's Ambient stuff is not MP compatible, so I still need to fix it before I include it.

...but hardcoding an upper cap on enemy groups could have a significant impact I think.

IIRC v3.41 has an Enemy Pop Intensity mission parameter, which should help. Let me know if this is sufficient.

The Intensity param only increases the time before the problem manifests, rather than solving it. Eventually you will still get enough en pop spawns to overload the server and prevent everything working.

By the way, I should have a bit of free time coming up soon. I'll have a go at updating the user guide to 3.41 once I've had a bit more of a play with it.

The intensity decreases the chance of random spawn. The an example formula is:

(random 1 > 0.33 / rmm_ep_intensity)

where rmm_ep_intensity is 0.25, 0.5, 1, or 1.5.

Low intensity (0.25) would be:

random 1 must be greater than 0.4356

whereas high intensity (1.5) would be:

random 1 must be greater than 0.222

I know, not a huge variation, but a variation none the less! :)