Jump to content

marceldev89

Member
  • Content Count

    192
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Medals

Community Reputation

88 Excellent

About marceldev89

  • Rank
    Sergeant

Recent Profile Visitors

989 profile views
  1. See http://alivemod.com/forum/conversation/post/26784
  2. Haven't noticed anything really bad during testing this indexing problem. Occasionally a vehicle might blow up but it's not like the whole town is going to be on fire. 😛
  3. Yep, in the case of Lythium all that was needed was a proper re-index. The building IDs changed shortly after we did our last index which was the reason civilians were not spawning properly. Not sure how we overlooked that in the first place. 😕
  4. Objects seem fine. All things point to an issue on our end really. 😞
  5. I just manually checked a couple of buildings with the buildingPos command and they all seem fine. Not sure what's going on then..
  6. We, ALiVE and most likely pretty much all scripts that do similar stuff, generally use the https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/buildingPos command to figure out where to spawn units inside buildings. I can't find any information on what memory points Arma uses as "building positions" though. EDIT: Found some info at https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/LOD#Paths
  7. The "@" name can be whatever you want it to be. It's just for your own sanity and doesn't _need_ to be something specific.
  8. You don't have permissions to run steamcmd apparently. Either run the script as the "gamemaster" user or fix the permissions.
  9. marceldev89

    AiA_Core Issue

    AiA is _really_ old and has been superseded by CUP.
  10. Can you upload the entire folder as a zip so I can take a proper look? EDIT: Actually, I've seen this before. You should be able to remove #include "script_component.hpp" from your config.cpp and it'll work fine. If I recall correctly anyway. Are you using a 32-bit OS and/or 32-bit Arma? The 64-bit DLL has been updated before 1.6.1 which contains the fix for this I believe. The 32-bit DLL was skipped for whatever reason.
  11. marceldev89

    creat a simple module

    Since you've mentioned ALiVE; https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/blob/master/addons/main/CfgVehicles.hpp#L133 That should get you started.
  12. All the script does is asking steamcmd to download a mod and when the new folders doesn't exist in the workshop folder after the download finishes it'll try again. Whenever I ran into this issue there was either a problem with the workshop service or some steamcmd cache issue. You can try clearing the steamcmd cache but I can't remember what the actual files to delete for that are so you'll have to figure that out yourself (probably a file named <a3_steam_id>.<some_steam_extension>).
  13. Yeah I always forget to escape the ampersand.. :D You can also leave the password field empty, steamcmd will then ask for your password the first time it runs and will use the cached authentication stuff for a while after that.
  14. Oops, haven't checked the forums in a while and turned off notification emails. ^^ I assumed that the rename command is more or less standard on the major distributions but if it comes up again I'll add it to the requirements. :)
  15. marceldev89

    PboProject who is sumof

    Just to clarify, what it's actually saying is "sum of" and not "sumof". Must be a typo or something.
×