Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ACE 1.10 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

As I left the File.rpt with that I think just to see the error, but if you want more info or this more clear lol :j:

I know that you could add the AITALK module easily in every mission that you are designing; but I want to use this feature in the game campaings too.

Exists a method or ACE2 configuation file to set this feature by default in ON?

Thanks

Hi,

Is it possible to create an ammunition crate that can be loaded into vehicles and dragged by ACE's method, but ignores the weight and volume checks so even if it has a high weight and volume it can still be loaded?

Thanks. :)

I know that you could add the AITALK module easily in every mission that you are designing; but I want to use this feature in the game campaings too.

Exists a method or ACE2 configuation file to set this feature by default in ON?

Thanks

You can do so by creating a server side addon, either setting global variables or creating the modules:

http://ace.armastack.info/index.php/185/how-create-module-which-will-contain-number-other-ace-modules

Is there any way to disable ACE spectate script on the server? We use a version of GDT spectate script that we prefer, but when connecting players that were not part of the mission connect, the ACE spectate script takes over.

Played with the ACE2 mod for a long time but never figured out how to place satchels :P I open the interaction menu and place the thing but touch off doesn't appear anywhere, in the default menu nor the interaction menu, there only "Magazines" and "Hand Signals" remain - What am I missing?

Played with the ACE2 mod for a long time but never figured out how to place satchels :P I open the interaction menu and place the thing but touch off doesn't appear anywhere, in the default menu nor the interaction menu, there only "Magazines" and "Hand Signals" remain - What am I missing?

Interaction vs Self interaction menu:

http://ace.armastack.info/index.php/31/how-do-all-explosives-in-ace-work

http://ace.armastack.info/index.php/195/things-examine-explosives-cargo-other-interaction-actions

Ah, so it is the interaction menu, there's the problem, that never works for me. I can look at whatever explosives, that never works. Self-interaction works fine. I've tried rebinding the interaction menu too, I've never, ever got it to work? I figured since it didn't open, it didn't have anything to "interact with" or another way or saying, it wasn't the right menu I was using. Guessing I need to go tinker with all those configs and whatnot?

Have you ever gotten any ACE settings or bindings to work, or is it just the Interaction button that's problematic?

Bear in mind that Windows or Arma won't accept certain bindings. I can put Interact on my Left Windows key, but not my FN key.

Edit: And could I get some help from the ACE team, or someone who is familiar with the armor system and mission editing?

I type this setVariable ["ace_sys_vehicledamage_enable", false]; in the init field of vehicles but they still act according to the ACE armor system. How can I disable the armor system for certain vehicles? I need enemy tanks to reliably blow up in my mission, or the objectives won't complete.

Yeah, I can rebind my Self-interaction key just fine. Then I try binding the Interaction key to a key I know works, nothing. It just won't work, tried looking at explosives and stuff like that.

I'll mess about with it, at least now I know what to do, just have to get the menu to work.

Yeah, I can rebind my Self-interaction key just fine. Then I try binding the Interaction key to a key I know works, nothing. It just won't work, tried looking at explosives and stuff like that.

I'll mess about with it, at least now I know what to do, just have to get the menu to work.

Explosives are a small target. Look at a whole soldier or tank and see if anything comes up.

Edit: And another question. I have heard that ACE_SM isn't entirely stable if you play without the environment, gear and main .pbos. Is that true?

Edited by maturin

Edit: And another question. I have heard that ACE_SM isn't entirely stable if you play without the environment, gear and main .pbos. Is that true?
Which environment and gear pbos?

Which environment and gear pbos?

Correction, acex_sm_c_world, acex_sm_main and the like.

Does acex_sm_men just provide for the AI Talk module or does it do something else as well?

Its possible to modify the binocular position when you are not using it? I mean, the thing is right in front of your face :s

Its possible to modify the binocular position when you are not using it? I mean, the thing is right in front of your face :s

Actually I have never thought of mentioning this but yes they are right in your face if they could be dropped down that would be great.

Just asking, the interaction key doesnt work with satchels to remove the safe pin, it does work with other stuff though. I wonder if this is a new error/bug or its just me

I've wanted this for a while with most optics. Silly as it is now.

Well its in that position becuase that feature is so can have binos ready to pull up to your eyes, and you then use ALT & head move plus mouse to pull them out of the way, just like you would do with your hands and head when holding both hand onto binos and wanting to look around for a reference point and scan the area.

You're either looking through them or you're not, they shouldn't be blocking your view otherwise. It would seem more natural to just lower them rather than move your head around them. That's the main reason I just end up using a scope to scan areas.

Well its in that position becuase that feature is so can have binos ready to pull up to your eyes, and you then use ALT & head move plus mouse to pull them out of the way, just like you would do with your hands and head when holding both hand onto binos and wanting to look around for a reference point and scan the area.

I always do that with the ALT key, I just want not to do that :s

Yeah bending over and then looking up with your head is not a real solution. I usually just work around that by switching back to my weapon, which obviously isn't optimal either.

whenever i use ACE, Fadesound and fademusic do not work. Anybody know why this happens?