Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ACE 1.10 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

I've become so expert at Ace that I can even operate backpacks and drag people by the ankles--not bragging, but give a man his due.

I am having maddening problem though and I hope someone will point me to a solution.

Every time I make any change to my character related to head gear using the Ace interaction menu--when I put in ear plugs, or put on a ski mask, or shooting glasses, or a gas mask, anything at all on my head the timbre of my character's voice drops very low and will not go back to normal and I either have to quit the mission and forgo the headwear or spend the rest of the mission sounding like a brain-damaged ex-heavy-weight fighter from Baltimore.

In the attempt to correct the problem I first uninstalled all of my mods, including ACE and CBA and reinstalled only CBA, ACE, and ACE-X, in that order. The problem remained.

Secondly, I ran Six-Updater Verify and Repair, but everything checked out in the green.

So now I don't know what to think. I have the game patched to the latest version. Maybe I can run the patches again, maybe some core files got corrupted somehow.

Anyway, has anyone else had this problem? I have googled to no avail.

Edited by nodlew

Yes, there is a problem with the head gear. If I put on sunglasses, my characters face switches to default, putting the glasses of doesn´t bring it back. So I´m stuck with the default face for the rest od the game

It's a limitation of the system / game, and user configuration.

Configure your face in ace_clientside_config.hpp: #define ACE_CUSTOMFACE myFace

The rest isn't configurable currently.

Also find http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Support

Edited by Sickboy

Thank you, Sickboy for your reply and for all of your work on this fantastic mod. But, let me get this straight: You mean that all of this effort has been expended in making the models, perfecting and implementing a GUI, and everything else involved in making the head gear customizable when the whole system is doomed to be broken by the game engine from the start?

I have to say, that is completely unexpected and I hope I have misunderstood. I will check out dev heaven link and search again, but, I haven't found anything there related to my "voice issue". It actually sounds like my character's voice instantly changes from male 2 with a pitch around 50%, to male 1 with a pitch around 0%.

One correction, apparently I can use ear plugs without changing my voice--thank goodness, since they are the most essential piece of headwear. I can live without shooting glasses and no mission I have played yet has required a gas mask. When I do need a gas mask, I guess I'll have to live with the altered voice.

Oh, that's what happened. I noticed my voice changed once, but honestly never really cared since most of the radio chatter is turned off and all communication happens in ACRE/TeamSpeak.

I want to join a server but I can't play, I keep getting the error that I have version 1.10 and the server uses 1.11. where can I get 1.11?

Xeno, thanks for the clarification and the link. I get it now. Customization works, but it is limited "in-game". Oh well. Not really a biggie, and pretty easily worked around. Maybe it can be addressed in a later version.

So, I take it, the only things that are restricted are the things which actually change the way a character appears--masks, eye wear, etc. Ear-plugs work because they don't show on the model.

And I hadn't considered things from the Multi-player side where people actually talk to each other with their own voices. I have satellite internet so I can't play on-line.

Edited by nodlew

I hope this is an appropriate place to ask this. I know many get testy when questions are asked in the inappropriate thread, but this thread seems pretty global, so I'm going to risk it.

I have been digging deeper into Arma2 CO. With the way I have my game modded, most of the missions and campaigns I have downloaded cannot be reasonably played exactly as scripted by the mission designers. I have to tailor them for my own use. Right now, this means customizing every element of my Team, so that each member has sufficient firepower, ammunition, and the necessary equipment to make survival and success do-able.

I have learned how to give my soldiers the weapons and ammunition I want them to have by using scripts like--

removeallweapons Alpha; this addweapon "ASC_M14_DMR_SD"; {this addmagazine "ASC_100Rnd_762x51_BetaCMag";} forEach [1,2,3,4,5];

and learned how to set up the stock Arrowhead backpacks like so:

removeBackpack this; this addBackpack "US_Assault_Pack_EP1";

clearMagazineCargo (unitBackpack this); (unitBackpack this) addMagazineCargo ["ASC_100Rnd_762x51_BetaCMag",4];

The stumbling block I have run into is that the latter only works with the Arrowhead backpacks. When I attempted to use this syntax with the ACE rucks, I received an error message that the ACE backpack was an "invalid vehicle" or something like that.

I know now that ACE uses a different system altogether, which explains the different behavior of the ACE vs. the Vanilla backpacks. But despite hours of searching and reading in the various threads I have found that touch on the subject (official and otherwise) I have yet to find an explanation of how to

1. Equip my units with ACE rucks.

2. Load those rucks with ammo, etc.

I am still a noob to all of this, though becoming less so hour by hour. I would very much appreciate it if someone could take the time to jot down here an example of how to do 1. and 2.

Thank you.

Edited by nodlew

@nodlew,

Check out this post - it may have what you need for ACE rucksacks.

Regards

Any word on my issues yet? Really hoping to get back into action ASAP.

Any word on my issues yet? Really hoping to get back into action ASAP.

Issues require a ticket with logs and details: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

We don't officially support in this thread.

Anyway, your issues are caused by using an old version of CBA.

Grab the latest with Six Updater and make sure you do not have any CBA_ addons in any other modfolder than the latest @CBA etc.

Edited by Sickboy

Jedra,

Thanks a million, that was exactly the concise and specific demonstration that I needed. Now my guys can ditch the vanilla backpacks.

so I tried updating to 1.11, and kept getting errors about missing/incorrect files so I removed ACRE and installed 1.10. but now there are no servers to play on, keep getting the error message I have 1.10 and the server has 1.11. and sometimes I get kicked because I don't have a key signed but I have...

i get an error while loading the game:

include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found.

Ive updated all patches and Ace with six updater.

any help?

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

nevermind, i got it to work. Only it gave me a message in-game that i am a OA user and i dont need to load Ace_OA

so I tried updating to 1.11, and kept getting errors about missing/incorrect files so I removed ACRE and installed 1.10. but now there are no servers to play on, keep getting the error message I have 1.10 and the server has 1.11. and sometimes I get kicked because I don't have a key signed but I have...

Install Six Updater, Select the Convert action from the Green Install or Update button left up, once converted, run Install or Update, and you should be green.

Otherwise please find; http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

well I installed already once with six updater and got errors, will reinstall now. will update this post when it's done

EDIT: it works now thx

Edited by rikjuuh

Before I open a ticket about this is anyone else having problems with the distance being displayed with the rangefinding devices? Everything else works on them but the display for the distance is blank. I'm using them properly, I used them all the time until the range stopped displaying. I'm using the most recent builds.

Cant say i've had any issue, i noticed it can take a good couple of presses of "R" to get the display to turn on.

Edited by Shadow.D. ^BOB^

Before I open a ticket about this is anyone else having problems with the distance being displayed with the rangefinding devices? Everything else works on them but the display for the distance is blank. I'm using them properly, I used them all the time until the range stopped displaying. I'm using the most recent builds.

A ticket like 20813?

I thought I saw that a few days ago but I didn't see it this morning. Wow the betas are messing with a whole bunch of stuff now. Interesting changes ahead....

Is there any way to apply ACE's noVoice to a particular unit in a mission. I'm looking for an editor trick that doesn't appear to exist.

Could remove the AIs radio, that'd easily shut them up.