Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ACE 1.10 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

for some reason my aceclippi doesn't want to turn on would you mind helping me with this?

So, I went through the trouble of posting a bug report at Dev Heaven as Sickboy suggested. For my trouble my issue was rejected with the following snotty comment: "That's too bad, lucky you can turn it off."

Last time I post a bug report to that site.

So, I went through the trouble of posting a bug report at Dev Heaven as Sickboy suggested. For my trouble my issue was rejected with the following snotty comment: "That's too bad, lucky you can turn it off."

Last time I post a bug report to that site.

It wasn't meant to be snotty or personal in any way. If you want a translation, here goes: "We can't do anything about it, so just leave it off". And lighten up.

Actually there was more:

• Status changed from New to Rejected
  • Close Reason set to Technical Implications

In any case, not lucky for a first ticket, agreed, but it is rejected due to technical implications and a workaround was stated: you can disable the system.

The personal motto of every insulting, smart-ass the world over is that everyone else should "lighten-up". No, I won't lighten up. Instead, you perform a sex act on yourself. I have no problem with the fact that it is a technical issue, or that it cannot be resolved. I did however expect some modicum of courtesy, not to be dismissed as if I am a jerk for having gone through the effort of posting the report.

No reflection at all on you, Sickboy, who in addition to being a an awesome programmer and modder, are also an unflinchingly decent human being.

Edited by nodlew

about that aceclippi i have installed the program and it still didn't work

@thewin11

Did you read my previous post about the Microsoft .NET 4.0 framework ?

Download and install it (.NET 4.0)

Xeno

The personal motto of every insulting, smart-ass the world over is that everyone else should "lighten-up". No, I won't lighten up. Instead, you perform a sex act on yourself. I have no problem with the fact that it is a technical issue, or that it cannot be resolved. I did however expect some modicum of courtesy, not to be dismissed as if I am a jerk for having gone through the effort of posting the report.

No reflection at all on you, Sickboy, who in addition to being a an awesome programmer and modder, are also an unflinchingly decent human being.

The problem is, you asked a question that you could have answered your self with the search function on dev-heaven. They weren't jerks, just facetious. Those guys answer and close hundreds of tickets opened by people who really could answer their own questions or figure out things all on their own with a bit of effort. I'd much rather them reply with smart ass remarks rather than being outright dickheads.

This really is one of those situations where you need to just lighten up.

Whatever. I did search extensively for references to the scope problem. I didn't find any. My original post here in which I remarked on the problem, was principally to make the issue a matter of public record so that others having the same problem would not find an utter vacuum as I did. I originally had no intention of making a Bug Report at all, perhaps being intuitively aware of what kind of attitude I could expect should I do so. I posted the report at the suggestion of Sickboy. Since he made the suggestion, I thought, hey, maybe this problem is not actually common knowlege.

So, I understand your knee-jerk impulse to make this my problem, or perhaps a non-problem, and no, compared to the radiation in Japan, this is not a matter of consequence. But the comment was rude, dismissive, and given all that I have just detailed above, not really called for.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Perhaps my response was a bit overboard. In any event, like I said, ACE will just have to somehow soldier on without the benefit of any more Bug Reports from me.

And, I have absolutely nothing more to say on the subject.

I am a beginner. How detonating satchel charge in ACE.

I am a beginner. How detonating satchel charge in ACE.

With a satchel charge in your inventory...

1. Press the self interation key.

2. Choose Explosives and the Place Satchel.

3. Look at the satchel and press the ACE Interaction key.

4. Choose 'Set Safety Off'

5. You can then press the ACE interaction key again to attach it to a nearby vehicle if you want.

6. Roll the mouse wheel and choose Safety Off Satcel 'n'. Where 'n' is the number of the satchel.

7. Move away and then choose "Detonate Satchel 'n'".

8. Watch in awe!

Why ACE does not work on maps AAS is a dedicated server? Previously, it worked but now after the update does not work.

Why ACE does not work on maps AAS is a dedicated server? Previously, it worked but now after the update does not work.

Could you tell us what exactly doesn't work ? And which AAS mission(s) and which server ?

Xeno

Could you tell us what exactly doesn't work ? And which AAS mission(s) and which server ?

Xeno

Menus not working ACE, does not show the wind direction, does not put on a bipod. At normal map AAS, we added "the need for ACE" and everything worked fine before the upgrade ACE

Hey could anyone help me?

I have a problem with aceclippi.exe i re-installed ace and it still doesn't work. It is the aceclippi.exe file that i am having trouble with it doesn't seem to work. i have the appropriate thing to launch the file NET 4.0 But for some reason it still wont turn on.

thank you for your help

Menus not working ACE, does not show the wind direction, does not put on a bipod. At normal map AAS, we added "the need for ACE" and everything worked fine before the upgrade ACE

Sounds like something similar to the recent issues with MCC and setDisplayEventHandler, at least based on what I read in the MCC thread (last post on that page).

Whatever. I did search extensively for references to the scope problem. I didn't find any. My original post here in which I remarked on the problem, was principally to make the issue a matter of public record so that others having the same problem would not find an utter vacuum as I did. I originally had no intention of making a Bug Report at all, perhaps being intuitively aware of what kind of attitude I could expect should I do so. I posted the report at the suggestion of Sickboy. Since he made the suggestion, I thought, hey, maybe this problem is not actually common knowlege.

So, I understand your knee-jerk impulse to make this my problem, or perhaps a non-problem, and no, compared to the radiation in Japan, this is not a matter of consequence. But the comment was rude, dismissive, and given all that I have just detailed above, not really called for.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Perhaps my response was a bit overboard. In any event, like I said, ACE will just have to somehow soldier on without the benefit of any more Bug Reports from me.

And, I have absolutely nothing more to say on the subject.

My thoughts exactly. Thanks.

UGAF has now switched to six updater and no longer updating ACE through YAS. Sorry for all those that relied on our YAS repo.

For our six updater info and a guide on using Six Updater to join UGAF servers click here

Oh god, I hope people take it well. ;)

Why shouldn't they ?

Xeno