Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ACE 1.10 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

Perhaps BIS could be persuaded to give the ACE devteam some preview time to port their mods.

It's a damn shame that we'll only love it for another year before being swiped up in the fanboy jizzfest that is ARMA 3

Seems up this mornin.

The page doesn't load for me.

Perhaps BIS could be persuaded to give the ACE devteam some preview time to port their mods.

It's a damn shame that we'll only love it for another year before being swiped up in the fanboy jizzfest that is ARMA 3

Yeah... Then again if AA3 will let ACE team do even more with the features while bringing their AA2 content in then why not

The page doesn't load for me.

What about other dev-heaven services?

http://six.dev-heaven.net

http://updater.dev-heaven.net

http://browser.dev-heaven.net

http://dev-heaven.net

---------- Post added at 12:03 ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 ----------

No worries, generally we're quick adapting to new games in the arma series.

Of course it will largely depend on the level of technical differences.

I really hpe that it will be easier for you than it was when Arma 2 came out. The closed Beta really took some time, and now you have such a huge amount of new features that will have to be ported over. So I would really like to be a beta tester again, and so would my squad^^

I really hpe that it will be easier for you than it was when Arma 2 came out. The closed Beta really took some time, and now you have such a huge amount of new features that will have to be ported over. So I would really like to be a beta tester again, and so would my squad^^

First public beta release was within ~6 months of EU game release, while with OA within 1 month, I wouldn't call those long :)

Porting should be easier than developing new features from the ground up so I wouldn't worry too much.

I can't even remember closed beta's for ArmA 2 :)

I think we'll see open beta asap on SU :)

I can't even remember closed beta's for ArmA 2 :)

There was some closed testing before we decided to do testing a little bit different :)

I think we'll see open beta asap on SU :)

First public ACE A2 release took 6 months but I guess the way our workflow is now it won't take that long :)

Xeno

a couple of noobie questions:

1. Is it possible to disable the white text that automatically appears when you look at another unit ("rifleman" for exampe) ? Id like to have it so that it only appears when i hold space bar and scan over them ? having it appear automatically looks a bit ugly and ruins immersion a bit for me.

2. I was testing medic system so put some squad mates and myself as a medic in the editor along with the AE enable wounding system. i then shot a team mate, inspected him and it said he needed endorphine, morphine and bandaging so i did all of the above but it said he still needed endorphine, so i gave him some more... checked him again and said i still needed to give him some but when i tried to apply it the little progress bar in top left didn't appear as it did before... does this mean i've run out of endorphine ? i tried giving some anyway but again when i checked it said he still needed some, he also kept getting up and then falling over again. Im quite confused.

3. I dont have a right windows key so i went into ACE settings in game and set it to right windows and clicked save, but everytime i restart a session it defaults back to right windows ? any idea how i can fix this ?

Anyone care to explain what im doing wrong ?

Cheers

Edited by blurgh

a couple of noobie questions:

1. Is it possible to disable the white text that automatically appears when you look at another unit ("rifleman" for exampe) ? Id like to have it so that it only appears when i hold space bar and scan over them ? having it appear automatically looks a bit ugly and ruins immersion a bit for me.

Yeah, press ESC while ingame => ACE Settings => Scan Method.

Have to do it with Clippi running.

Yeah, press ESC while ingame => ACE Settings => Scan Method.

Have to do it with Clippi running.

Cheers, i will try it out.

What do you mean i have to do it with Clippi running ? what exactly is Clippi ?

Why the map zoom limitation?

And:

ace_sys_map_minMapSize = 0;

doesn't work?

:(

Cheers, i will try it out.

What do you mean i have to do it with Clippi running ? what exactly is Clippi ?

Its the software to import your ACE changes to actual files outside of the game, so those preferences can take effect.

Clippi is in the @ACE folder, run it, change the options that need to be changed outside the game first, leave it running, run the game and then make the ACE changes there via the ACE Settings menu.

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_Settings

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_Clippi+description

Sorry kind of a noob question, haven't played ACE in a long long time. I've edited the clientside_config with the correct profile name, but I can't seem to use some of the equipment like earplugs or medical items etc. Is there something else I need to configure?

@skadog

Have you read the posts above your post ?

Xeno

@skadog

Have you read the posts above your post ?

Xeno

Yeah after screwing around with Clippi, wading though about 20 or so pages of posts and associated links, pulling up noting in the thread search, and generally getting pretty frustrated I began mashing buttons on my keyboard and happened to stumble into the interface.. wow!

Ruck changed local event [ted23p]

Does this mean that if I put something in a ruck, it actually is IN the ruck as opposed to being in any ruck I pick up.

E.g I fill ruck1 with grenades then pick up ruck2 and its empty, opposed to before where any ruck I pick up having the grenades.