Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ACE 1.10 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

The question is which modules are mainly responsible for those effects so I won't go around ACE folders half blindly and if I f.e. remove them won't it break ACE and MP compatibility
I'd recommend posting your questions at http://ace.armastack.info/

though you'll need to know what you're doing regardless, perhaps other users can assist.

I've probably missed something obvious like a profile hick up that I can't quite figure out, but why does using both the clippi tool as well as going into the config and manually setting #define ACE_NOVOICE not turn off the radio chatter? When I load up coop domination AI west - great map btw - in the map menu it still says radio chatter on, and then radio chatter: |||, whatever that means.

Could anyone give some insight into why the settings doesn't do anything? I've got Zeus, Ace, aaw, and CBA installed.

I think he's looking for these, which are not documented but available:

_ruckmags = [_unit] call ace_sys_ruck_fnc_RuckMagazines;

_ruckweapons = [_unit] call ace_sys_ruck_fnc_RuckWeapons;

@Riouken: best just check these functions directly at the source ;)

Edited by Robalo_AS

I think he's looking for these, which are not documented but available:

_ruckmags = [_unit] call ace_fnc_RuckMagazines;

_ruckweapons = [_unit] call ace_fnc_RuckWeapons;

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

They don't exist as public functions (ace_fnc_) but only as internal functions. Use the API ones :)

I stand corrected. Edited my previous post.

Hi,

How powerful is one M2 or M4 SLAM?

Are they supposed to be able to disable a tank or other heavy armour as I have done in testing using IR setting?

What is the difference between M2 and M4?

Thanks

nevermind.

Edited by Garabaldi
resolved

Hi,

How powerful is one M2 or M4 SLAM?

Are they supposed to be able to disable a tank or other heavy armour as I have done in testing using IR setting?

What is the difference between M2 and M4?

Thanks

The M2/M4 SLAM uses an EFP that can only penetrate a limited thickness of armor, usually about 40mm depending on distance and angle of impact. In the real world, it might be able to disable heavy armor with a lucky hit but chances are slim. In game, since individual components such as road wheels, track assemblies, etc aren't modeled for specific damage, I don't think they would do a whole lot of damage.

It's possible that the in-game variants use different penetration/damage values, I haven't done much testing with them myself. For more detailed answers, you'll need to wait for a reply from one of the ACE devs.

The main difference between the M2 and M4 is that when the set time on the M2 expires, it simply becomes inert (disabled) while the M4 actually self-destructs (detonates).

Newbie question. In the ACE demo mission it says I need to open the diary, how do I do it?

Also, I can't open the Interaction menu, even if I change the keybinding

Edited by Nistenf

I am looking for missing vehicles. Those that you have hidden and those that you have replaced.

The quick version:

1. Can I get a list (or is there one already) of which bi models have been replaced with ACE or other versions? (ex: strykers)

2. How can I get the hidden ones back?

3. Any vehicles that have been moved. Like OU air. Not the a-10 or something obvious like that.

Specifically,

- OU air used to be in my USMC, but now it's under Other. Why did it move?

-Some other vehicles have bad paint jobs, and I thought they used to look better. (could be my imagination) But the little birds. Are the ones ingame, the ones that came with OA or the ones ACE was using before OA? I thought you had a better variety of weapons

-The super cobras-the z model, are those bis or ace?

-Wasn't there a Kiowa before?

-----And very important, what happened to the U.S. Army units you had before OA came out? Is there somewhere I can get them? I remember there was a rifleman, and a rifleman 2 that looked different, not just weapons different. I think one had U.S. on his sleeve or something. I loved those army units.

I still have old ACE as back up maybe you can tell me where to extract them, or download them from somewhere.

Thanks

Just a quick question lads, my connection is utter balls and its a few hour job for me to download few hundred MB so I got a mate to download this for me as my server is looking to use it. What they didn't inform me of was that they are using the RC release as opposed to the stable release and I got my mate to download the stable release so you can see my dilemma. :p

So I was curious, if I installed the ACE stable release would sixupdater completely redownload all the files required or just update whats there?

Cheers.

Has anyone experienced a loss of player control after a death that doesn't register with the game?

I think it's a problem with vehicles and the Wounds system. I was sitting in a UAZ when a 120mm sabot came and cut me the hell in half. I didn't get a red screen of death, though, I just lost control of the character. Then my camera mysteriously started following the gunner than survived as he ran away from the wrecked car. This time I was able to teamswitch.

But the second time, my BTR was hit by a tank round, presumably killing the entire crew. I could switch between first and third person, but nothing else. I could not team switch or even pause and end the game. This has happened before, forcing me to reboot.

Just a quick question lads, my connection is utter balls and its a few hour job for me to download few hundred MB so I got a mate to download this for me as my server is looking to use it. What they didn't inform me of was that they are using the RC release as opposed to the stable release and I got my mate to download the stable release so you can see my dilemma. :p

So I was curious, if I installed the ACE stable release would sixupdater completely redownload all the files required or just update whats there?

Cheers.

No problem, you can convert ACE stable to SU then update it.

You just saved me alot of time, thanks very much mate.

I need help with a few things:

1) My "quick inventory" menu no longer works when I hold down right control + G. This is pissing me off as I didn't change anything in the settings.

2) How do I enable the "ACE interaction" key to utilize satchels and whatnot? The "FAQ" doesn't list this, and the "ACE Options" menu doesn't list such a feature... or maybe it does but the text is impossible to read as it is too small.

3) What is the script for adding all of the ACE weapons and their magazines? Is there a list for all of the new weapons?

4) Is there a quicker way to download this mod other than Addonsync? I'd hate to waste another 2 hours to redownload the same damn thing I did yesterday to fix yet more bugs...

Edited by Flogger23m

I need help with a few things:

1) My "quick inventory" menu no longer works when I hold down right control + G. This is pissing me off as I didn't change anything in the settings.

2) How do I enable the "ACE interaction" key to utilize satchels and whatnot? The "FAQ" doesn't list this, and the "ACE Options" menu doesn't list such a feature... or maybe it does but the text is impossible to read as it is too small.

3) What is the script for adding all of the ACE weapons and their magazines? Is there a list for all of the new weapons?

4) Is there a quicker way to download this mod other than Addonsync? I'd hate to waste another 2 hours to redownload the same damn thing I did yesterday to fix yet more bugs...

2) Put your Interface size bigger in Video Options, restart the game and check ACE options again.

3) http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Classlists

4)

Thanks for the reply. That answers most of my questions. Hopefully I can figure out how to get the "quick check inventory" back.

I am looking for missing vehicles. Those that you have hidden and those that you have replaced.

The quick version:

1. Can I get a list (or is there one already) of which bi models have been replaced with ACE or other versions? (ex: strykers)

2. How can I get the hidden ones back?

3. Any vehicles that have been moved. Like OU air. Not the a-10 or something obvious like that.

Stryker info @ http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Changes_in_ACE_for_OA

Classes and config info @ http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Classlists - select a class's config to see if it's model = entry has ace pathed models, or original ca\.....

Classes not in their right Faction / Vehicleclass; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

OA has US Army soldiers, so no need to have them in ACE.

Thanks for the reply. That answers most of my questions. Hopefully I can figure out how to get the "quick check inventory" back.

Wasn´t this Shift+G by Default?

ok as usual managed to work out things myself, like how six works etc etc.

But could anyone tell me why I cant seem to use satchels, in first mission? Yes I have ACE which means it's accessed through a different sub-menu?

Ok that works but then they can't be detonated? as no detonator function shows up I tried several times and the same thing keeps happening?

You have to Interact with the satchel to turn the safety off or set a timer.

I know the ACE sight has an unorthodox and not terribly welcoming search function, but basic stuff like this is always explained.

use your "windows" key toward the charge

and select "safety off"

then you will get the detonator option.

If I go and make a ticket about this, people are just going to say that it doesn't happen to them and vote in down. So please share your thoughts.

It happened to me too, it seems the FCS scripts run heavily on the CPU. So if there is a heavy load on the CPU, FCS will not work properly.