Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.5 (CO)

Hrm, what altitude might I ask? It sounds like a dumb question since it's a mass paradrop but AI seem to bug out and go crazy above certain heights. If I recall it's 1000 or 5000 (I don't remember Lol) that AI aircraft are thrown for a ride and take insane routes to go one single mile in a straight line.

Hrm, what altitude might I ask? It sounds like a dumb question since it's a mass paradrop but AI seem to bug out and go crazy above certain heights. If I recall it's 1000 or 5000 (I don't remember Lol) that AI aircraft are thrown for a ride and take insane routes to go one single mile in a straight line.

The spawn/flyinheight is set to 250

The issue I was having was fixed by placing a flak38 with no ammo at 240 meters in the air near where the aircraft begin. For some reason they don't deviate from their course when you do this. I think it's something to do with the co-pilot targeting things he shouldn't?

Could be a useful tip for other airborne mission makers using the C47A

Huh odd then because when I place'm they always fly straight o.O toward their destination when I add the waypoint XD

Well I had placed them (C47A) out to sea on the Omaha map and as soon as they hit the coast where the flak38's where the pilots started making banks and going way of course.

Another question what is the action called for lowering the ramp on the LCM(3) I cannot find it in any .pbo's

Can AI crews in mortars engage with the mortar when I assign targets via the group commands?

Unfortunately they do not fire the mortar but this probably is a Arma2 limitation rather then the mod's?

As I found out here: http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/showthread.php?7818-Simple-Mortar-Tutorial

it is possible to order AI mortars to fire at a certain position with the command menu but why isn't this possible in I44? Can you (and do you want to) change the the configuration of the mortars for the next release to enable this feature?

Edited by zwobot

The spawn/flyinheight is set to 250

The issue I was having was fixed by placing a flak38 with no ammo at 240 meters in the air near where the aircraft begin. For some reason they don't deviate from their course when you do this. I think it's something to do with the co-pilot targeting things he shouldn't?

Could be a useful tip for other airborne mission makers using the C47A

The unit record and playback features are only really necessary if you want a specific route to be used, whereas waypoints will give them a direction and a rough location to reach. Blackfox34 already posted having a similar issue in his own mission:

this allow fleeing 0; worked for me.

Give that a try hopefully it'll do the job for you.

Another question what is the action called for lowering the ramp on the LCM(3)

It should be...

boatname animate ["Ramp", 1];

for all the ramped boats.

Can AI crews in mortars engage with the mortar when I assign targets via the group commands?

Unfortunately they do not fire the mortar but this probably is a Arma2 limitation rather then the mod's?

As I found out here: http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/showthread.php?7818-Simple-Mortar-Tutorial

it is possible to order AI mortars to fire at a certain position with the command menu but why isn't this possible in I44? Can you (and do you want to) change the the configuration of the mortars for the next release to enable this feature?

Never actually seen this method of firing before but definitely would be useful, unfortunately I don't know whats required to allow/enable this in the actual configs of the units. The only thing off the top of my head that might be causing it is that our mortars have a commander and a gunner whereas the artillery units in ArmA2 are all manned by a single unit. Will take a look into it if there's time but can't promise anything, if there's anyone who knows a bit more that can shed some light on this feature I'd love to hear it!

Hey can I please get help?

I got Arma Anniversary which has all the expansions needed. This is the first arma mod I try. This is how I've done it :

- I've installed it in the ARMA 2 OA folder (That's how it's called), afterwards I launched the game, enabled it under EXPANSIONS along with the CBA thing which I got previously.

- Now I see the missions but for example if I load the LANDING mission, I see a bunch of US troops swimming and by boats and the camera pans away from them, at some point I read the subtitles saying "30 seconds boys" or something, then it says I'm dead. Guess camera doesn't stick to my guy plus I can't skip.

Now the other missions won't load at all I get this error "You cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.castructures.ruins. Also when I run the game I get this error "Addon, "Extended_EventHandlers' requires addon CATracked2.AAV, and as soon as I get in the menu I get some missing file error but it goes fine after.

The only other mission which worked was the TRAINING ONE, I tested the rifles and all that and worked great.

Hey can I please get help?

I got Arma Anniversary which has all the expansions needed. This is the first arma mod I try. This is how I've done it :

- I've installed it in the ARMA 2 OA folder (That's how it's called), afterwards I launched the game, enabled it under EXPANSIONS along with the CBA thing which I got previously.

- Now I see the missions but for example if I load the LANDING mission, I see a bunch of US troops swimming and by boats and the camera pans away from them, at some point I read the subtitles saying "30 seconds boys" or something, then it says I'm dead. Guess camera doesn't stick to my guy plus I can't skip.

Now the other missions won't load at all I get this error "You cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.castructures.ruins. Also when I run the game I get this error "Addon, "Extended_EventHandlers' requires addon CATracked2.AAV, and as soon as I get in the menu I get some missing file error but it goes fine after.

The only other mission which worked was the TRAINING ONE, I tested the rifles and all that and worked great.

You need ArmA2 as well as ArmA2: OA.

You need ArmA2 as well as ArmA2: OA.

Unless I'm mistaken, Arma X Anniversary includes A2 as well as OA.

So I think he's good on the front.

MasacruAlex: IIRC you simply need to:

- install the latest CBA

this means extracting the @CBA folder into your Arma2 directory

- run Combined Operations (you'll probably have 2 other shortcuts, Arma 2, Operation Arrowhead)

I've no idea how ArmA X Anniversary installs ArmA2 and Operation Arrowhead, but it sounds like its running OA Standalone, not as Combined Operations. ArmA2 and OA need to be installed to the same directory, there's various ways to achieve the installation normally which have been covered and covered and covered by us. Search this thread, and you'll find a few different ways to achieve a CO installation, one of which should suit the ArmA x Anniversary version. There's also the official install thread here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101214

Thought I'd post the pics SFG put up on our ModDB page over here, these are some caps from the video that'll be going up on Youtube sometime in the next couple of days, showing some gameplay from this past weekends test sessions. These pics are from a new COOP mission based around the Morris strongpoint that the British attacked near Sword Beach, full size versions of the images can be seen over on the ModDB page.

image2ag.th.jpgimage6sw.th.jpg

Edited by PacUK

I can't wait to try v2.6!

Since you're talking about Brit, 44 and COOP, how about a few missions based on Operation Houndsworth?

I think it'd be great because:

• Chernarus isn't that different from the topography and fauna of the Burgundy

• Insertion was by parachute (easier to implement than amphibious landings?)

• 'A' Squadron 1st was a relatively small force (18 officers and 126 men) divided into 18, 8-man patrols (perfect for small COOP missions)

• Squadron's objectives varied considerably (destroy supply dumps, block the 2 railway lines, call in CAS, escape ambush, defend against assault)

• They travelled in Jeeps armed with Vickers K MGs that you've already modeled

Here's another decent article (warning PDF)

The Farmstead mission from Hidden & Dangerous' Sabre Squadron also provides excellent inspiration.

Does anyone know if there's anyway of importing their maps into A2/OA?

Edited by domokun

Thanks for the suggestions, Operation Houndsworth (and also Bulbasket) were two Operations we were considering quite a while back, as they'd definitely be interesting settings for a mission/series of missions. The main issue though is time, we've got a pretty small team all of whom work on several areas of the mod so getting time to work on new missions is pretty thin on the ground. But its definitely something I'd like to take a crack at when there is a bit more time. So doubtful for 2.6 but perhaps sometime in the future.

Looking good!

Is the cammo netting random, via hidden selections on the British/Canadian(?) helmets or only on certain player models?

Hmm swore I replied but seems the forums ate it so I'll try again, the "UK Army" (currently no insignias so mission makers are welcome to call them Canadians etc) camo netting is done via hiddenselections designated in the unit configs so units are preset by class to have them hidden or showing. We may at somepoint make it more customiseable by the mission maker/players but for now its dependant on the unit, but you can always reassign their gear if you want a certain type in your own missions to a unit with or without it.

Thanks for the suggestions, Operation Houndsworth (and also Bulbasket) were two Operations we were considering quite a while back, as they'd definitely be interesting settings for a mission/series of missions. The main issue though is time, we've got a pretty small team all of whom work on several areas of the mod so getting time to work on new missions is pretty thin on the ground. But its definitely something I'd like to take a crack at when there is a bit more time. So doubtful for 2.6 but perhaps sometime in the future.

Sure. I didn't mean to suggest that you divert your meagre resources to this. Lord no! Back to the galley you whining curs! Let us the community feed from the scraps of your table. Looking forward to your video of the test sessions.

Hey Pac, I don't know if you got or read my PM, but would it be possible to get some clan testing of I44 2.6 with AAF?

We are all really keen, and I'd be glad to report any bugs found, although my Arma PC is down, we should be able to get someone to get some recording, and with your approval could go up.

I comepletely understand if you don't want us testing it though.

Cheers, Militant

I just checked Moddb page and it had pictures of winter Merderet, what about adding the river as frozen to it?

I've always been liking fighting in the winter. Also great to see that my favorite rocket launcher Nebelwerfer 42 "Screaming mimi" has arrived to ArmA 2! Amazing work, cant wait to next patch so i can expand my WIP campaign to some winter action.

OBEop9ETDko

6th June 1944 - D-Day, in the Utah sector, infantry from the 101st are tasked with destroying four artillery positions. Meanwhile in Sword sector, British infantry have pushed inland and are clearing German defenses in and around Strongpoint Morris. Edited by SFG

I jus hate it that there are none/a few server online running coop.

I jus hate it that there are none/a few server online running coop.

This should change for 2.6. We are planning on having bi-weekly "official" events, or there abouts. So you will know when a game will be played and a sign up list to know how many will join.

Arma2 developers , i have bought combined ops Just for that mod , hear that , you got my money because of that teams great job.