Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.5 (CO)

The new Merderet map is 512x512 using a 10m grid, so 5120m x 5120m total play area, and the same for the new Omaha v2 map as well (which is the same size as the original version except the terrain has been extended to the edge of the map border instead of having a moat of sea surrounding it.

Sometimes i get white lines at the tracks of tanks and APC's.

Small parts of the tracks are white while others look normal.

Anything i can do to fix this ?

Only happens with INV44 tanks/APC's.

Or is this a known bug which will get fixed in 2.6 ?

You've not been very descriptive with which units are actually affected (a common problem we have with bug reports) so I can't tell you if they're fixed or not. There are some tanks we know had issues that have been fixed, and theres some units that have issues to do with ArmA2 technology issues. Its quite common for certain graphics settings to cause white outlines around objects, for that you can either tweak you own settings, try different drivers, and alternative methods of rendering ArmA2 such as FXAA. You can also always consult our Dev-Heaven site to see which bugs have been fixed, or add new ones which we may have missed, we can't find everything ourselves so unless someone reports them some will not get fixed. But also note we do have a private dev-heaven as well so theres a number of issues fixed and still waiting to be done that you won't see:

I44 Public Dev Heaven

Edited by PacUK

Is it possible to put all loading screens in one pbo like we have in Isla Duala?

Is it possible to put all loading screens in one pbo like we have in Isla Duala?

I haven't used Duala myself so not quite sure what you mean by this, all the splash loading titles are part of the i44_base_ui.pbo except for the individual mission loadings screens which were part of the mission pbo's directly as I just didn't have the time (or at the knowledge at that point in time to incorporate them) but I imagine they will be for 2.6, if you mean something else please do explain further as we're all a bit confused by the question heh.

I haven't used Duala myself so not quite sure what you mean by this, all the splash loading titles are part of the i44_base_ui.pbo ...

I just want to remove loading screens :o And did you fix this errors in 2.6?

=====================================================================
== D:\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe
== "D:\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -world=empty -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7 -noFilePatching -showScriptErrors -noPause -mod=@CBA;@I44CO
=====================================================================
Exe timestamp: 2011/04/01 22:36:52
Current time:  2011/10/04 22:48:02

Version 1.59.79384
Item str_disp_server_control listed twice
Item STR_WEST listed twice
Item STR_EAST listed twice
Item STR_GUERRILA listed twice
Item STR_CIVILIAN listed twice
Item STR_SKILL_NOVICE listed twice
Item STR_SKILL_ROOKIE listed twice
Item STR_SKILL_RECRUIT listed twice
Item STR_SKILL_VETERAN listed twice
Item STR_SKILL_EXPERT listed twice
Item STR_RADIO_ALPHA listed twice
Item STR_RADIO_BRAVO listed twice
Item STR_RADIO_CHARLIE listed twice
Item STR_RADIO_DELTA listed twice
Item STR_RADIO_ECHO listed twice
Item STR_RADIO_FOXTROT listed twice
Item STR_RADIO_GOLF listed twice
Item STR_RADIO_HOTEL listed twice
Item STR_RADIO_INDIA listed twice
Item STR_RADIO_JULIET listed twice
Item STR_PLAY_WEST listed twice
Item STR_PLAY_EAST listed twice
Item STR_PLAY_GUERRILA listed twice
Item STR_MPROLE_TITLE_WEST listed twice
Item STR_MPROLE_TITLE_EAST listed twice
Item STR_MPROLE_TITLE_RESIST listed twice
Item STR_MPROLE_TITLE_CIVIL listed twice
Item STR_DISP_MPSETUP_ROLES_WEST listed twice
Item STR_DISP_MPSETUP_ROLES_EAST listed twice
Item STR_DISP_MPSETUP_ROLES_GUERRILA listed twice
Item STR_DISP_MPSETUP_ROLES_CIVILIAN listed twice
Item STR_AILEVEL_NOVICE listed twice
Item STR_AILEVEL_NORMAL listed twice
Item STR_AILEVEL_EXPERT listed twice
Item STR_AILEVEL_CUSTOM listed twice
Item STR_MSG_MP_W_ASSIGN listed twice
Item STR_MSG_MP_E_ASSIGN listed twice
Item STR_MSG_MP_R_ASSIGN listed twice
Item STR_MSG_MP_C_ASSIGN listed twice
Item STR_SENSORACTIV_ALPHA listed twice
Item STR_SENSORACTIV_BRAVO listed twice
Item STR_SENSORACTIV_CHARLIE listed twice
Item STR_SENSORACTIV_DELTA listed twice
Item STR_SENSORACTIV_ECHO listed twice
Item STR_SENSORACTIV_FOXTROT listed twice
Item STR_SENSORACTIV_GOLF listed twice
Item STR_SENSORACTIV_HOTEL listed twice
Item STR_SENSORACTIV_INDIA listed twice
Item STR_SENSORACTIV_JULIET listed twice
Item STR_SENSORTYPE_GUARD_EAST listed twice
Item STR_SENSORTYPE_GUARD_WEST listed twice
Item STR_SENSORTYPE_GUARD_GUERRILA listed twice
Item STR_LOAD_INIT listed twice
Item STR_LOAD_WORLD listed twice
Item STR_LOAD_MISSION listed twice
Item STR_LOAD_INTRO listed twice
Item STR_LOAD_GAME listed twice
Item STR_EAST_SEIZED listed twice
Item STR_WEST_SEIZED listed twice
Item STR_GUERRILA_SEIZED listed twice
Item STR_DISP_GAME_WEST listed twice
Item STR_DISP_GAME_EAST listed twice
Item STR_DISP_GAME_GUERRILA listed twice
Item STR_DISP_SRVSIDE_WEST listed twice
Item STR_DISP_SRVSIDE_EAST listed twice
Item STR_DISP_SRVSIDE_RESIST listed twice
Item STR_DISP_SRVSIDE_CIVIL listed twice
Item STR_DISP_ARCSENS_DETWEST listed twice
Item STR_DISP_ARCSENS_DETEAST listed twice
Item STR_DISP_ARCSENS_DETGUERRILA listed twice
Item STR_DISP_ARCSENS_DETCIVILIAN listed twice
Item STR_DISP_INTEL_EDIT_GUERILLA listed twice
Item STR_DISP_INTEL_WEST_FRIENDLY listed twice
Item STR_DISP_INTEL_EAST_FRIENDLY listed twice
Item STR_DN_Bunker listed twice
Item STR_VN_G_Casemate_MG42_R67L listed twice
Item STR_VN_G_Casemate_PaK40_R67L listed twice
Item STR_VN_G_Casemate_PaK40_R67R listed twice
Item STR_VN_G_Casemate_FlaK36_R272 listed twice
Item STR_DN_PLANE listed twice
Item STR_DN_PARACHUTE listed twice
Item //COMMENT listed twice
Item str_dn_vickers listed twice
Item str_dn_mode_fullauto listed twice
Item str_dn_mode_burst listed twice
Item str_position_reargunner listed twice
Item str_position_frontgunner listed twice
Item str_dn_radio listed twice
Item str_dn_tent listed twice
Updating base class ->Plane, by thefew\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Few_AIR_base/
Updating base class ->ViewPilot, by thefew\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Few_AIR_base/ViewPilot/
Updating base class ->BulletCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/BulletBase/
Updating base class ->Bo_FAB_250, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/Bo_Mk82/
Updating base class ->2Rnd_FAB_250, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/6Rnd_Mk82/
Updating base class ->MGunCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/MGun/
Updating base class ->RifleCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/Rifle/
Updating base class ->RocketPods, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/BombLauncher/
Updating base class ->Logic, by i44_base_scripts\config.bin/CfgVehicles/I44_Module/
Updating base class ->Rifle, by i44_base_w\config.bin/cfgWeapons/I44_MG/
Updating base class NonStrategic->Few_AIR_base, by csj_i44_config\config.bin/cfgVehicles/CSJ_BBalloon/
Bad conversion: scalar

Why would you want to remove our loading screens? Without them you'd end up with the normal ArmA2 ones... the loading screens will still be a part of the base files so you won't be able to remove them without losing core parts of the mod and therefore breaking certain functions and features of the mod.

Some of those errors have been fixed yes, some we're still working on, some aren't errors (updating base classes). None of them are vital errors though just dual references for classnames and shouldn't cause any issues, we're only looking to fix them to help produce a cleaner report, they'll have very little if any impact on the actual mod's performance.

Thanks for your reply :)

Regarding the turret turning speeds - please leave them as they are, the slow turning definitely adds some authenticism, especially on the heavy German tanks.

Right choice I think on the being able to access driver position as well, sometimes it is just too painful to witness an ai driver doing a 12 point turn around a shrubbery. I really hope ai driving is something they can do something about in ArmA3.

New map looking great, looking forward to it.

:bounce3:

Regarding the turret turning speeds - please leave them as they are, the slow turning definitely adds some authenticism, especially on the heavy German tanks.

Don't worry there's no plans to change them, we've actually found a pretty decent reference video showing a real tiger rotating its turret 360 degrees, and it takes well over 60 seconds (closer to a minute and a half) to fully rotate, I've checked ours ingame and it takes about 1 minute 25 seconds for a full 360 rotation of the turret (using the cursor keys), so we're pretty spot on with the speed there I think.

ki3imFOc0So

It was a hard decision to enable the single compartment option for all our armour, but in play testing it definitely seems like the right decision to have made giving lone or smaller tank crews (with and without AI) greater control over the vehicle, but still nowhere near as efficient as if you have a full player crew will be so it should balance out pretty well in MP especially TVT.

Hopefully we'll have some footage of the new map(s) soon, Omaha v2 is also coming along nicely, I've been spending a lot of my time recently hand modifying the terrain so its a lot less flat in the fields, giving more tactical options and cover in open areas.

Macolik's applying the finishing touches to Merderet as well as working up a few more surprises so I think everyone will enjoy the new areas available as well as the options they open up for mission makers.

Edited by PacUK

I want to congratulate you for making the greatest ww2 mod that i have ever encounter ,i could even say superior from forgotten hope.

There are no words enough to thank persons who are willing to share their talent and creativity with others for the sake of sharing , i humbly thank you .

A suggestion would be for the K98 mauser, are there any plans of making a new model for the rifle , it is my favorite and i would say that a bit less squary model would be perfect.

Apart from it , i see no draw backs.

Iam looking forward for 2.6 release i hope the release isnt far

And a question to the modding team, what is the opinion of the moders for the upcoming Iron front game?

EDIT: Iam a fervent ww2 gamer, it is indeed my favorite period for fps and using the Arma 2 engine for it is the ultimate ww2 experience i think.

Edited by Achilles1

Thanks, glad you're enjoying the mod so far, theres a lot still to come so we hope that things will continue to get even better.

A suggestion would be for the K98 mauser, are there any plans of making a new model for the rifle , it is my favorite and i would say that a bit less squary model would be perfect.

As models in the mod have been made over a lengthy period of development cycles, some of the older models are showing their age now. Unfortunately we do only have a limited amount of time and people to work on new versions of older objects while there are still completely new things that also need to be worked on. Right now there are no immediate plans to update the K98k but Vex-Man has been hoping to do one, so I imagine sometime post 2.6's release he'll get around to updating it.

Iam looking forward for 2.6 release i hope the release isnt fat.

I guess this is a typo of far, but it made me chuckle...

And a question to the modding team, what is the opinion of the moders for the upcoming Iron front game?

Personally I'm definitely interested in what they're going to produce, especially as they were a mod team before so it'll be cool to see what features and improvements they've made to the ArmA2 engine to warrant it being a fully commercial product, the only thing that I dislike about their project is they also switched their year to 1944, so Liberation 1944 and Invasion 1944 are occasionally getting confused :D

Don't worry there's no plans to change them, we've actually found a pretty decent reference video showing a real tiger rotating its turret 360 degrees, and it takes well over 60 seconds (closer to a minute and a half) to fully rotate, I've checked ours ingame and it takes about 1 minute 25 seconds for a full 360 rotation of the turret (using the cursor keys), so we're pretty spot on with the speed there I think.

Might want to check your sources again on that rotation speed. It is obvious the engine is at idle which would mean a slower rotating speed. Sources quote closer to 15-20 secs engine at 2000-2500 rpm for full rotation.

Just sayin cause I know reving an engine in Arma is not possible to affect rotating the turret.

Can't wait for 2.6.

Pics or it's not happening :D

Might want to check your sources again on that rotation speed. It is obvious the engine is at idle which would mean a slower rotating speed. Sources quote closer to 15-20 secs engine at 2000-2500 rpm for full rotation.

Just sayin cause I know reving an engine in Arma is not possible to affect rotating the turret.

This is true, but 2000-2500 rpm is only going to be achieved at high/full speed, not the usual situation when you'd be trying to line up a shot. So if the tank were in a shooting position, the driver would have to be revving the engine which increases the chances of causing damage to the vehicle, possibly disabling the engine or turret rotation in the process. Therfore its much more likely to be somewhere between 20-90 seconds depending on the speed. We've gone for the higer end of the scale which helps balance the very powerful vehicle, while still following realistic vehicle characteristics, and as stated before a tiger driver was much more likely to rotate the entire vehicle should they need to engage something not directly in front of it which also keeps the strongest part of the vehicles armour facing the primary threat.

Can't wait for 2.6.

Pics or it's not happening

We've posted a number of pics and videos over the last 20+ pages so its definitely happening, we generally only post if theres something new or special to show off as it does take quite a bit of time out of development to take a decent pic thats worth showing, time which could be spent instead working on the mod, making missions etc :)

For a definitive look at the material we've published for 2.6 without a lot of other discussion you can check our public forums where we have a dedicated topic with 2.6 news posts:

Invasion 1944 Public Forums 2.6 WIP News

Edited by PacUK

Hahaha!! I havent seen that error it was indeed quite hilarious.

Yes of course i meant far not fat

I didnt knew that the Iron front game is being made by a former mod team.

It is reasonable to use the post 44 era for a game giving the fact that most of the illustrious equipment and tanks were produced by then, but an operation barbarossa or the Ardennes assault of 1940 was and is barely introduced in either mods or retail games and it is a very interesting historical and military period.

As a German ww2 reenactor i'll give you a tip, a ridiculous detail of course such kind of details that only we get into, the German officers are equipped with a circle belt buckle unterofizziers and soldiers are equipped with the standard square one.

Again, my evaluation of the mod as it is is 9.9 out of 10 .

Great work indeed iam actually playing Arma 2 for that reason alone

A question, do you think that it worths playing online, iam not the online type of person you know i only play single player missions usually , but would it worth it?

(iam not such an experienced player so i would probably die more than actually play i guess.)

Hi Achilles

I've sent you a PM regarding playing I44 online...

And to anyone who is interested in playing with the I44 mod in a multiplayer tournament: check out armedglobalwarfare.com - there is a Advance And Secure tour going on right now which features the I44 mod.

Edited by zwobot

Pac, would you be interested in me sending you a .pac texture of the British Sherman IV with the correct divisional markings to include with the next release? As the Sherman IV still has the US markings.

It looks a bit Americanish when used with the firefly - unless it has already been changed.

:confused:

Pac, would you be interested in me sending you a .pac texture

Heh, nice one arch. :D

I just bought combined operation from Steam (i had a friends copy and i coudlnt join multiplayer), my problem is that i bought it from Steam, there are now 2 separate folders for Arma2 and Arma2OA, i tried the instructions that were given at the beginning but it seems that there are not valid anymore for the new I44 2.51 version.

Can anyone please tell me what i should do in order to play the mod, iam trying everything but the mod always tells me that it seems that iam either a specific Arma2 or Arma2oa user, i cannot make the mod realize that i have combined operations.

Instructions would be very much needed.

Thanks.

I just bought combined operation from Steam (i had a friends copy and i coudlnt join multiplayer), my problem is that i bought it from Steam, there are now 2 separate folders for Arma2 and Arma2OA, i tried the instructions that were given at the beginning but it seems that there are not valid anymore for the new I44 2.51 version.

Can anyone please tell me what i should do in order to play the mod, iam trying everything but the mod always tells me that it seems that iam either a specific Arma2 or Arma2oa user, i cannot make the mod realize that i have combined operations.

Instructions would be very much needed.

Thanks.

download the installer, let it install in Arma2OA, then go to library>Arma 2 operation Arrowhead>properties>set launch options place -mod=@CBA;@I44CO in there. then start arma 2 and arma 2 oa once, right mouse on OA and launch as Combined Operations.

Thank you very much Rikjuuh your suggestion to edit it from steam was what helped me to solve my problem, thank you very much

C47A pilots can't seem to fly straight in my mission even though they are set to careless. I commend them on trying to avoid fire but I need them to fly straight over the drop zone.

I had some limited success by placing an enemy unit near them when the mission started but this does not seem to work in multiplayer.

I guess I'll have to use UnitCapture but I really don't want to do that becuase it looks horrible.

Maybe if I take the gunner out of the C47A he might stop trying to target things.