Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.5 (CO)

Just downloaded the mod, not sure if its set up properly this is where my kinda problem gets in.

Is there even any servers up with a decent amount off pleyers on, if there are some, please give me a list with some good servers.

Best regards\ notice

there aren't a lot of servers on. there are atleast 2 or 3 running warfare/domination and a few other running coop

there aren't a lot of servers on. there are atleast 2 or 3 running warfare/domination and a few other running coop

wanna share some off the server names ?

just search on i44 in either the mission name or server name and there should pop up a few :)

just search on i44 in either the mission name or server name and there should pop up a few :)

Ofc , why didnt I think off that, thanks for the assistance m8 :)

IfDyveipi9s

Operation Ambassador : 1940, March 11th

In 1940 German forces setup an airfield on this small island off the coast of Norway, British Commandos were tasked with eliminating it. (Inspired by a real mission from 1940)

Nice sneaking throughout the first part, great vid, enjoyed watching all of it.

Yes, that was quite fun to watch (and listen). But the German patrols really look blind most of the time. But maybe a setaperture command makes the night seem brighter than it actually is for the AI.

Edited by ProfTournesol

Yes, that was quite fun to watch (and listen). But the German patrols really look blind most of the time. But maybe a setaperture command makes the night seem brighter than it actually is for the AI.

Yeah the AI don't get the benefit of the night sight players do from setAperture so generally the AI abide by the standard ArmA2 night time no-night vision stealth rules, if the player remains prone with minimal movement and holding fire the AI *should* consider them invisible. However once detetcted the AI (especially AI spawned by DAC) is a lot more active in engaging the player (as seen when most of the squad is wiped out when we did get spotted). Stealth is the major factor, if you crawl on your belly you're not likely to be spotted, but crouch or stand and try moving and you'll be spotted and engaged in no time when near them.

Yeah the AI don't get the benefit of the night sight players do from setAperture so generally the AI abide by the standard ArmA2 night time no-night vision stealth rules, if the player remains prone with minimal movement and holding fire the AI *should* consider them invisible. However once detetcted the AI (especially AI spawned by DAC) is a lot more active in engaging the player (as seen when most of the squad is wiped out when we did get spotted). Stealth is the major factor, if you crawl on your belly you're not likely to be spotted, but crouch or stand and try moving and you'll be spotted and engaged in no time when near them.

Great, that makes sense, thanks for the answer.

nice video!

Ofc , why didnt I think off that, thanks for the assistance m8 :)

you're welcome :)

Played i44 in ARMA and ARMA 2 before and just lately purchased ARMA X for the 2.51 and future 2.6 experience. :cool: About to start for making some isles and SP battles outside normandy setting and 2.6 should see me starting on OP Veritable (february/march 1945) stuff. :)

When is this coming out?

I kid, I kid. But anyways, I just bought a server to start playing with my clan. Glad to see all the new content flowing in!

Is there ways to enable german voices for the opfor germans in i44?

2.6 Will have a full german radio set, but in the meantime you can use scripted methods to make use of the german voices we have used with DAC troops, if you search this thread there should be a few posts addressing it.

When is this coming out?

I kid, I kid. But anyways, I just bought a server to start playing with my clan. Glad to see all the new content flowing in!

Whenever we do release it, we'll make sure it will have been worth the wait ;) We can't solve every issue but we're doing our best to make sure the mod is as stable as we can make it.

Finally a while back someone was asking about mortars, we've been lucky enough to have Iuka find a bit of spare time to lend his smarts again and he's now got mortars working properly with the 'Artillery Computer' as well as being able to order AI to fire using the 'Fire at Position' command, I've had some time today to play around with it and its a very satisfying tool to have available now.

Finally a while back someone was asking about mortars, we've been lucky enough to have Iuka find a bit of spare [...]

That must have been me, I'm really looking forward to the mortar fixes. Thank you :)

Yes :), its great news about mortars and artillery computer. I really like to use mortars as fire support. :)

2.6 Will have a full german radio set, but in the meantime you can use scripted methods to make use of the german voices we have used with DAC troops, if you search this thread there should be a few posts addressing it.

Ah..thanks. Found something here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=2023085&postcount=947 :)

Any plans on doing real WW2 german hand sign animations like these (examples)?

gersigns1.jpg

Not all from the whole assortment (of 27) make sense though.

Great that the mortars are working! Now it makes sense to have 2 men with a mortar in your squad.

Some more screenshots for you all, some of you may have seen these already if you follow our ModDB page showing our new Merderet Winter map!

merderetheader2.th.jpgbritpromo.th.jpgnebel2.th.jpg

smokingbarrel2.th.jpghetzerpromoc.th.jpghetzerpromov1c.th.jpg

Yes all of the units seen there should be in for 2.6 along with the new map :)

Any plans on doing real WW2 german hand sign animations like these (examples)?

We do have a set of hand signals available yes, I believe Macolik based them mainly off the german style but there may also be a couple variations / other countries in there, we've stuck to one set of signals for both sides for now just to keep things simple. Mainly we're looking to have ones which can be easily distinguished by players.

For those of you looking for a game of I44 you might wanna check out this event up on Armaholic: 12.Panzer-Division coop Event

Edited by PacUK

Played this Mod for some time the last days.... Its huge, couldn't even explore it fully (lack of time).

I dont want to sound too much criticizing or something like that... but... well...:

The Mod is still in beta right? At least i hope so, because there is still a pretty huge variation in quality between models, sounds, everything. Also the Performance with this mod loaded is horrible, really horrible... in SP as well as in MP. Same on my Brothers PC. We can play other "Super-Mods" like ACE(X) with 10 times the units and more fluid than with the Invasion 1944 Mod.

So much for the bad words (25% of my overall impression), sorry!

Other than that it was very awesome to play (75% of my overall impression), Many things accurately realized from that area, very nice. Looking forward to any improvement over time and really hope to see your mod around even when ArmA3 is out and the whole community switching for it.