Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2, version 1.09 - Patch Released

I purchased Arma 2 Combined ops which included two disks for both Arma2 and OA.

All I did was install the 1.09 patch which patched Arma2 and left OA alone.

I just joined an insurgency server even though my Arma2 was patched to 1.09 and everything worked just fine. I did, however, launch using the Arma2oa.exe.

Operation Arrowhead remained untouched....

Sawacs

No, I don't believe they will. What you can do though is restart the mission though from the beginning. So, if you are halfway through mission three, you would have to start over at the beginning of mission three.

So patch and restart or finish your current mission first, then patch, then start your next mission with the new patch ;-)

Apparently, A2 1.08 saved games (playing within CO with 1.58.78967 beta patch) WILL WORK when A2 is patched to 1.09, so the above appears to be untrue.

I also know that A2 games saved under 1.58 beta patches WILL NOT WORK under 1.59 beta patches.

Hi, the ArmA2 v1.09 patch comes inside the lastest OA patches (the OA v1.58 and the Beta patches released after the v1.58). The v1.09 is not necessary for the OA/CO users that have an installed OA version post OA v1.58. Let's C ya

*To Dwarden: Each time that i add a new CIT ticket my mail gonna be spammed?, because then i should keep posting the bugs that i'd/ i may find, in here.

either disable it (or define rules in your account http://dev-heaven.net/my/account settings)

or just create folder for CIT with some autofilter moving it there ...

---------- Post added at 05:27 ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 ----------

Are you sure that 1.09 comes bundled with the post 1.58 OA beta patches? Hmm. I didn't see the 1.09 changes in the beta patch changelogs.

You right, the readme changelog isn't complete ...

(there are missing some of the engine changes from merge of OA fixes)

it will be updated later on the BIKI and for CIT usage

---------- Post added at 05:28 ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 ----------

1.09 seems to be only a very minor patch that tweaks a few missions, so is it really essential to install it anyway?

it's way more than some mission tweaks ...

Edited by Dwarden

*To Dwarden: Each time that i add a new CIT ticket my mail gonna be spammed?, because then i should keep posting the bugs that i'd/ i may find, in here.

Nope.

Go to "My account" in the upper right at DH and change "Email notifications" to "No events". No more emails.

Nope.

Go to "My account" in the upper right at DH and change "Email notifications" to "No events". No more emails.

i was editing my post :) you answered too early but by default it's informing on each change to ticket you made/watch

Sounds like an interesting patch and nice to hear that there some improvement in the engine as well.

I took the decision to wait untill OA patch is released. :)

Does this mean it's still better to play red Harvest (still have not completed it) in ArmA II rather than in OA engine?

Since Multiplayer activity is dropping significantly in the last weeks I have time to play the campaigns now, but I still have the impression that ArmA II missions and campaigns dio not work well in OA or play out quite different quite often.

@Beagle

Arma 2 missions and campaigns work well in OA, im playing all user made missions and campaigns using Arma 2CO.

@Beagle

Arma 2 missions and campaigns work well in OA, im playing all user made missions and campaigns using Arma 2CO.

Sorry I can't confirm that...to many things are broken in OA that worked well in AA2.

OA does not really like the AA2 maps and units, its like all is running in a downgraded compatibility mode, soem features are completely missing.

Nothing that makes playing it impossible, but it's not the same.

Yes soem features are completely missing, but some features are good for plaing: weapons zeroing. And why OA does not really like Arma 2 maps and units?. Ewrything is good except FLIR on units.

a2 missions work just fine in CO.

Yes soem features are completely missing, but some features are good for plaing: weapons zeroing. And why OA does not really like Arma 2 maps and units?. Ewrything is good except FLIR on units.

it was explained many times, OA has 'generic' TI outlook for A2 all units / vehicles to keep sort of 'correct visual of hot/cold'

as for OA dynamic ones it would mean rework each model from A2 to OA standard

simply put when A2 was made the TI featue of OA not existed and thus no A2 models support it ...

so actually in OA the A2 models get some TI (compared to none in A2)

---------- Post added at 13:17 ---------- Previous post was at 13:14 ----------

Sorry I can't confirm that...to many things are broken in OA that worked well in AA2.

OA does not really like the AA2 maps and units, its like all is running in a downgraded compatibility mode, soem features are completely missing.

Nothing that makes playing it impossible, but it's not the same.

OA runs all from A2 in A2 quality or better than A2 quality...

i would like to know where You came with urban myth of "OA degrades experience for A2 content"

which features are missing? name them please

---

the only sort-of-limitation is in A2: CO (OA+A2) mode

talk to AI dialogue was disabled between OA and A2 units (it should work OA-OA and A2-A2 units)

this is to avoid certain loophole and it may get fixed in future patches

Edited by Dwarden

@ Dwarden

This is exactly the feature I meant and I found it quite helpfull to ask for contacts in the early more recon themed campaign missions.

I used to play the campaign and my own missions like a adventure game and I really enjoyed the dialogue system and the modules...for me one of the main advantages over Armed Assault.

Also soem mission play out in another style die to new OA features the A.I. can use like smoke and Countermeasures...also the A.I. is more efficient and so harder in OA.

And there were already enough reports what was not working right with Harvest red in OA.

I have to wait for OA patch so see if it works right as for now only ArmA 2 is patched to 1.09 including the campaign fixes.

Edited by Beagle

I would like to thank you BIS for this patch. Harvest Red works well again with OA, no gear/laser designator bug anymore and some other stuff. I had great time yesterday evening playing the campaign. Made it to Manhattan, which I will complete today. Only complaint would be holo on that M4.

Hi, hey Dwarden, tell me man... the (real) issues that im reporting on the CIT will be fixed?, it's tedious, boring and repetitive to write down all the computer specs, look for the screenshots of the issues and write down the description as a kind of repro guide; so... did you (BIS) hired or used some kind of Beta tester for the game?, what they did...!? because im getting drunk and i report bugs, here or now on the CIT, so beeing drunk can't be an excuse for 'em. Did you fired 'em?, i'll do it if i had a spanish on the way of report more than 100 bugs that still present on the v1.09, haven't you considered the option of beat 'em up!?, i'll considerate it very seriously looking at all this thedious job that's now on my hands. Are we Beta Testers? if so... where's my money?, my signed contract and social security?, could i be AT LEAST... be rewarded with a retail copy in english of the "ArmA2": Reinforcements?, always that it can run only with the ArmA2 without the OA. I still have more than 98 bugs that report about on the CIT. Tell me that it gonna serve for something. Let's C ya

Hi, hey Dwarden, tell me man... the (real) issues that im reporting on the CIT will be fixed?, it's tedious, boring and repetitive to write down all the computer specs, look for the screenshots of the issues and write down the description as a kind of repro guide; so... did you (BIS) hired or used some kind of Beta tester for the game?, what they did...!? because im getting drunk and i report bugs, here or now on the CIT, so beeing drunk can't be an excuse for 'em. Did you fired 'em?, i'll do it if i had a spanish on the way of report more than 100 bugs that still present on the v1.09, haven't you considered the option of beat 'em up!?, i'll considerate it very seriously looking at all this thedious job that's now on my hands. Are we Beta Testers? if so... where's my money?, my signed contract and social security?, could i be AT LEAST... be rewarded with a retail copy in english of the "ArmA2": Reinforcements?, always that it can run only with the ArmA2 without the OA. I still have more than 98 bugs that report about on the CIT. Tell me that it gonna serve for something. Let's C ya

Really? Really?! First off, you should take a moment to actually read the CIT Wiki on how to report issues. You're not supposed to set Target version and Priority. All software has bugs, deal with it. You can also use the Search function to see if many of those 100+ bugs have already been reported. BIS has stated how helpful the CIT is and the site is run by volunteers. You should be happy that BIS is still supporting Arma 2 this long after release, rather than getting drunk and moaning about the effort you're putting in. Want issues that matter to you to get noticed? Then you have to put in some effort. Let's C ya :mad:

Let's C ya recover from that.

Ooooohhh.

Ontopic. What exactly did this patch fix, the highlights were very...minimal.

wipman, please refrain from posting while drunk. For your own sake.

Hi, man... are you telling me than all what they did on all this time was just fix Campaign/SP missions bugs and that all?, some of the bugs that i've seen are there (at least) from the ArmA2 v1.04, clear and game breaking bugs as that the Aimpoint's sight becomes solid white when you've the sun at your back, the M1911's aim point that's not present and displaced to the left, models that don't have shadow (the M40-A3) that uses an AR-15 muzzle flash while the M16A4s use the same muzzle flash than the (ingame) AK series. Holes in models that sure that create interesting .rpt files. Where are the Beta testers and what they were testing?, they didn't seen all this things that i'd seen on day one?, someone decided that fix 'em was not important or what?. Report more than 100 bugs is an annoying work because it's tedious, i just want to know if it gonna serve for something or not.

The search function? are you mad!? report +100 bugs and check if they've reported before!? that's the BIS job, not mine, i just do what i can to help, and it's already enough; and... i like to get drunk and i was moaning about the lack of effort putted on the ArmA2. The models hasn't been updated since when?, what about the textures...? let alone the UV mapping... at certain times of day (dawn and tusk) the sky haves flicker, if you don't look to the ground, at other times of the day... you can't see through the cars glasses, the AH64 glass, the Aimpoint, Kobra & Eotech's glass.

The ArmA2 v1.08 was released 5 months ago or so, in 5 months no one has fixed any single ArmA2 model. Seems logic and legit to me to ask if any of this efforts (report, whatever..) have some value. Let's C ya

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:58 PM ----------

wipman, please refrain from posting while drunk. For your own sake.

k, the next time i'll do it on speed and we'll see what Placebo haves to say then, when im stoned with weed or hash i don't want to argue; so i'll listen to your valuable advice man.

I didn't recommend you to stop drinking, I recommended you not post while drunk.

How many developers do you know of who release multiple new, subsequent products and still bring out patches for previous titles? In this day and age it's impressive alone that BIS are still patching Arma 2 when OA, BAF and PMC are out and also being patched.

In the world I appear to live in, it's the drunkard potheads that get all the women.

... Then again, it is highschool. ;)

I recommend acid. It's non-lethal and reveals the truth about the universe and shit

wipman you should really not get totally shitfaced *means drunk* alone in front of the computer, it's not very healty. Believe me, I've been there. Not only that you waste your youth that way, it changes your personality in a great way, and your working habits, especially if a lot of sober work activity includes PC work. I love getting drunk too, it's just awesome, but honestly, get pissed when out with friends.

Creating 100+ tickets doesn't help anyone, especially if you don't stick to the procedure. The only thing you are achieving is getting ignored by the people who are working on the bugs. That's quite not what you would want, is it? :) Using the search function can save you a lot of work and effort

In the world I appear to live in, it's the drunkard potheads that get all the women.

... Then again, it is highschool. ;)

That won't change much later on!

But wipman has a few good points. The reflexion making windhields, HUD and aimpoints opaque on ArmA II vehicles and weapons is quite a annoyancve especially since it is fixed for OA content for the most part. This can be extendded for al the missing fetures that ArmA II content lack for the most part compared to OA content, like for example the fact that MV22 and UH1Y still have no countermeasure but al other ArmA II onyl planes have or the overbright TI textures on ArmA II models. BI is obviously stil workign to improve ArmA II content in OA, just look a th the new VTOL functions, but completely neglegting the issues on some of that old content that is much more grave as a gameplay issue..

Edited by Beagle