smookie

PvP Animation replacement/enhancement pack

That'll teach you to try and go downstairs.

ROFLMAO! :D

Sorry guys, I hate to fail on promises but I have a lot of work now, trying to finish it asap.

S'all good, brah.

Damn nice to hear an update is coming soon! Good things come to people who wait :)

Problem is, they still go into a sniper sit on their own, and you don't even have to order them to do so. Tried numerous scenarios and it still happens. The only way to make them not stuck is to order them to stand up all the time, making them a very attractive target.:D

And no offense, so because *you* never had a problem, that means there is no problem at all and shouldn't be taken into consideration, eh? That's a bit selfish don't you think?

Can't speak for others because I still use SMK even with this bug, but it's no way in hell "miniscule".

I love this animation mod, heck I was always a big sucker for improved anims sice OFP (DMA animations pack, Locke's stuff, Silent War etc.) and this was a godsend, but if there's a problem I will simply point it out. Does that mean I am a "whiner" according to your book as well?:j:

nope i must apologize about how i came off ... I tend to type before i think!

I will remove / filter out all un-needed bs and leave just the guts of what i mean.

Please dont remove sniper stance because ai get stuck.. (there has got to be a way to diss-allow ananimation for non-player units?)

All the positives of this mod out weight the neg. I can deal with them ... and most of the time keep them from happening if i remember what circumstances cause them. And in the end couldnt even begin to make my own addon..

////

that is what i mean... i try not to complain about stuff that i have no way of helping along a solution.. It happens sometimes.. and i feel/look like a jerk afterwards.. i the back of my mind when i read (just one or two post about removing an animation ) I just saw red... and started typing .. I apologize if i came across as selfish and i dont remember saying it never happens to me .. I just know that I really dont see it that often to be put off by it.

outside of that yes the glitches piss me off sometimes.. /but i would never wish them away...

ps. that video in the mosque... trying to run up the stairs...

I honestly thought that was my video.... I fraps'd a clan mission, we use slx and I actually injured myself sprinting into the steps... got glitched into the steps... and died... kinda sucked..

Edited by Lordprimate

Hey Smookie just curious if in the next update we will be able to lean against all walls. As it is right now you can't lean against all walls. Also will the "structure check" and "wall check" messages still pop up when hitting the keys to wall lean?

Hello, i've got a problem. Some animations doesn't work like the urban prone and jumping over walls. If anyone can help me, pleas anwser quick

It will be released when it is ready. Do not ask for release dates, it is considered spamming and spamming is not allowed on these forums! Warning level +1 as I think I recall I told you this before.

§5) No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles. Spam may be dealt with by post count reduction, PR and/or WL.

Do not bother authors and other people tracking topics with nonsense questions like asking for release dates.

Hey,

I just installed the SMK animations pack and its just awesome. Great work. It makes the game even more enjoyable.

But unfortunatly, Ive got one problem: Some of the anims do not work properly for several guns. I took some example

images with the MK 17 Sniper rifle (no front grip) to show what I mean:

36r9rptjand.jpg

As already written on the picture, the hand is bobbing and messing around during walking, it is not aligned to the gun and

will not collide with it. Pressing the space key during combat walk to lower the weapon will result in a lowered rifle but the

hands still stay raised. The gun feels attached to your shoulder and the hands play their basic animations independent form it.

Some SMGs (for example the UMP from RH weapon addons) are also messed up as the hand is now half in front of the barrel, touching

the modelwith only two fingers.

THis only appears for some (well, Id say about 40%-50%) of the rifles and SMGs that do not have their own HandAnim set and are

not equipped with front grips or underslung grenade launchers. I figured out those guns are all using the "HandAnim" entry

handAnim = {"OFP2_ManSkeleton" } and thats it.

Without SMK mod, the hand does not bob around and is aligned more or less properly to the guns and doesnt fly around half in front

of it, also with the RH UMP.

I tried SMK with ACE+other mods, just ACE, just the other mods and without any mods, just SMK and CBA on vanilla Arma 2 CO. THe bug

appears all the time.

So I just want to know if this is a known problem or if it is "my fault" somehow and I should try reinstalling Arma.

Any help or information on that is appreciated.

The hand bobbing issue has always been there iirc, but your floating weapon, i couldn't reproduce. No idea where that could come from.

So the lowered weapon with hands still raised is not a common known issue?

Looks like I end up with reinstalling. God, how I hate reinstalling Arma... Thanks anyway.

So the lowered weapon with hands still raised is not a common known issue?

Looks like I end up with reinstalling. God, how I hate reinstalling Arma... Thanks anyway.

I do have this issue aswell, it is caused by Weapon packs i belive, since all vanila weapons work smoothly. Most ACE weapons do aswell, but i.e. i noticed a few weapons from the RH-packs (the ones with custom Animation) have this issue. I doubt reinstalling will help here, its an addon incompatibility issue.

But as shown in the image: Vanilla weapons also do not work. The screenshot was taken with just cba and smk addons active + vanilla A2 CO. Its an MK17 Sniper rifle from the original game and it still has the bug. This also holds for the mp5 or m14 DMR from vanilla. Same problem for all of them. Furthermore I doubt it is an addon issue as the affected animation set is the very much "basic" one of the Arma enigne (OFP2ManSkeleton) I guess.

EDIT: Reinstalling didn't change anything. HEELP!

Edited by Dar

having another issue with the smk mod in combination with the AI. The bots kneel down from time to time when searching for cover or waiting at a position etc. For some reason, they often dont choose the usual kneel stance with smk but switch to the sniper sit. Whenever that happens, they wont respond to any commands anymore. If I give em a move order, they just turn in the direction of their target and nothing more. When I order them to stand up, they sometimes switch to normal crouch but still dont respond to other commands. When Im very lucky, they sometimes stand up and follow me again when I give them hundreds of random commands like "reload", "stealth", "danger", "prone" "regroup" but this tactic is very annoying and often fails.

This problem doesnt appear in combat or if the unit gets hit.

Is this a known bug or is it appearing due to the bunch of mods im playing with (very unlikely, tested without other mods)? Is there a way to "disable" the sniper kneel for AIs?

@Dar,

Smookie won't update this in near future as far as I'm concerned, you may want to use the recently published SMK Lite Version instead. :)

Is there any way to get the LITE version With the wall animations...

kinda bums me out that it is removed.. i know i don't have to use it. From what i remember reading and personal experience the wall animation wasnot a big issue it was ai getting stuck and getting injured on steps(going up or down).. I know sometimes you would just go threw the wall, but thats nothing to your AI gettin completely stuck... or falling down dead trying to go upstairs or down them..

Is there any way to get those back and still not have AI get stuck in sniper stance. I like backing up to a wall and chucking or rolling a gernade in the front door.. or climbing over a wall to ambush unsuspecting villains. And know alot of others that do as well.. (expecially when i told them this version was release but it was removed)... Is that a possibility??

Hey mate, one of the largest problems with all those wall animations was that they only worked in predefinied BIS-standard walls, meaning they were useless on pretty much every custom map, a rather ugly chat-message inclusive.

@Lordprimate: I couldnt figure out how it was done in the Lite pack, but you can disable the sniper stance completely, so that AI wont be stuck in it. Thats how I did it. For that you'll have to edit the scripts and remove the jumpover action for the stance crouch. Done.

@Lordprimate: I couldnt figure out how it was done in the Lite pack, but you can disable the sniper stance completely, so that AI wont be stuck in it. Thats how I did it. For that you'll have to edit the scripts and remove the jumpover action for the stance crouch. Done.

Dang I wish I had more details on that.

arma2oa%25202012-11-08%252022-38-19-355.jpg

Gah! Got this scary view with Animation Pack Lite and GPMG from UKF Weapons Pack 2.0 )))))))

I've experienced the bat wing bug alot too, seems to be random with whatever units you use.

I've experienced the bat wing bug alot too, seems to be random with whatever units you use.

Indeed, it gets pretty annoying when you're in the middle of a firefight and then your arm decides to be a kite.

that only happens with certain units/mods, not sure which ones, but we took a few out way back do to issues of buggy stuff. Also there was a time "world empty" param (A1) worked for that.

Hi Smookie. I'm desperately trying to learn how to animate characters in this game but I haven't found any good tutorial until now.

I would be most grateful if you or anyone here make a tutorial for the community teaching how to animate characters.

I'm really sad for you discontinuing this project :(