smookie

PvP Animation replacement/enhancement pack

Updates will regard config changes (unfortunately mostly no time for fixing the rtms themselves). I will make the scripted buttons optional so that the addon will not require them anymore (all moves hardcoded, as bad as it is - its working more often than in case of scripts).

as for arma3 this is a bad place to discuss these issues. at the current moment the mentioned activity is not possible however it might be once we know some stuff is final.

woohoo! excited for an update. Just curious will the "back to wall" work on more walls now? Cuz right now I still get alot of "structure check" messages, but no "back to wall" animation.

Good news is there is an update coming first week of september that will fix most of issues.

Best news I've ever read :P

Also, if I might have a question: Can you also make the "running stumble" optional as well? It's not much of problem for me, but AI keeps doing it randomly and basically lags behind the entire time.

This is amazing, haven't got a chance to try it out online yet though.

I wonder if you might consider doing something about the "pick up weapon" anim?

I find the current anim triggered when picking up a weapon to be very clunky, slow and annoying. IRL I think you'd just lean forward and pick it up but even if you did quickly crouch down and pick it up you wouldn't stay crouched. At the moment, it goes into a position somewhere between crouched and prone. Even worse is when picking up a weapon that's raised above the ground, like on a table, it still does this so the player is squatting under the table that the weapon's on, when IRL it's at waist height and you'd just grab it.

I uploaded a couple of videos showing opening Gear and picking up a weapon from the ground. He looks like he's kneeling and bowing his head to a king when he does the latter!

I don't know how to place a weapon on a table in the editor but as I said, it does the same thing.

1st-person:

3rd-person:

I think it would better reflect reality (and how long it would take IRL) if the player either just crouched and then returned to the previous stance automatically (or, as when opening Gear, if already crouched stance doesn't change and Gear opens immediately) or even better, didn't change stance at all to avoid the wierdness when picking up weapons from tables, etc.

Really looking forward to the update. I have a problem where everyone is half underground. It may have something to do with smk because once I removed it, everything went back to normal.

Good news is there is an update coming first week of september that will fix most of issues.

Hello Smookie, love this addon. I use it all the time. Wanted to ask a question about spawned-in civilians with handguns? I'm getting a weird issue with hostile civilians that spawn into the battlefield that after they're shot and killed, they stay standing dead. I disabled SMK anims and reentered the mission to find the formerly standing dead laying on the floor. I wasn't sure if I should report this bug here or on a specific CIT? Thanks a lot.

Really looking forward to the update. I have a problem where everyone is half underground. It may have something to do with smk because once I removed it, everything went back to normal.

Must have "-skipintro" in everybody's start params. And even then it can happen from time to time,need to restart the mission(pain), but if the server has players who aren't in the ground, only you are, restart your game.

Also a small tip; when using AI they may get stuck in the sniper stance or just not move at all, you can "knock them down"( ACE feature) or shoot them(lol) and heal... But best to not put them in combat mode or danger while in a crouch.

A better and more sure fix for the skeleton bug is to restart the game, then go into SP editor, place a unit, and preview. Then you should be fine to join any MP sessions.

O still wait one week , cant wait release

Rog. However, I do not plan on further working on these, perhaps will do some minor changes to the body movement.

That is good news, keep up the good work.

Sorry guys, I hate to fail on promises but I have a lot of work now, trying to finish it asap.

Sorry guys, I hate to fail on promises but I have a lot of work now, trying to finish it asap.

I can imagine, you are heavily involved with Arma3, take your time. The community will just have to learn to wait.

Please do not get rid of any aspect /animation of SMK...

I Never have a problem with AI getting stuck, as I don't order them into crouch stance(ordering "combat" behavior automatically makes them crouch or go prone.. And that is the ONLY time they get stuck for me, if I order them to crouch stance.

I let them fight / die they way they want.. That is all i have to "not" do, to forgo dealing with AI getting stuck...

you can knock your men out of sniper stance ...you cant knock the rpt/config errors out of the rpt file.......

If that miniscule of a bug, makes u not use SMK. Oh well.. dont use it .. I dont mind being a di@k about it, seriously folks, its not like anyone else is releasing an animation pack that does what SMK does...

I honestly didnt even know there was an update coming out for SMK... I am grateful and thankful that Smookie is still working on SMK and I Eagerly await the release of said update!!!

THANK YOU AGAIN SMOOKIE!!

ps. there is a plate of cheese in the back of the room for the whine-O's...

Damn nice to hear an update is coming soon! Good things come to people who wait :)

Please do not get rid of any aspect /animation of SMK...

I Never have a problem with AI getting stuck, as I don't order them into crouch stance(ordering "combat" behavior automatically makes them crouch or go prone.. And that is the ONLY time they get stuck for me, if I order them to crouch stance.

Problem is, they still go into a sniper sit on their own, and you don't even have to order them to do so. Tried numerous scenarios and it still happens. The only way to make them not stuck is to order them to stand up all the time, making them a very attractive target.:D

And no offense, so because *you* never had a problem, that means there is no problem at all and shouldn't be taken into consideration, eh? That's a bit selfish don't you think?

I let them fight / die they way they want.. That is all i have to "not" do, to forgo dealing with AI getting stuck...

you can knock your men out of sniper stance ...you cant knock the rpt/config errors out of the rpt file.......

If that miniscule of a bug, makes u not use SMK. Oh well.. dont use it .. I dont mind being a di@k about it, seriously folks, its not like anyone else is releasing an animation pack that does what SMK does...

Can't speak for others because I still use SMK even with this bug, but it's no way in hell "miniscule".

I honestly didnt even know there was an update coming out for SMK... I am grateful and thankful that Smookie is still working on SMK and I Eagerly await the release of said update!!!

THANK YOU AGAIN SMOOKIE!!

ps. there is a plate of cheese in the back of the room for the whine-O's...

I love this animation mod, heck I was always a big sucker for improved anims sice OFP (DMA animations pack, Locke's stuff, Silent War etc.) and this was a godsend, but if there's a problem I will simply point it out. Does that mean I am a "whiner" according to your book as well?:j:

Edited by Salvatore_Lee

Am I intoxicated or did you try and use the Youtube auto tools to fix "shakiness" ;)

Is there a particular reason why ArmA III doesn't have this style of weapon transitions?

o1UlMdWH8FI

vs

Second example looks unnatural and unauthentic, rifle sling is used in both cases.

:+/

Is there a particular reason why ArmA III doesn't have this style of weapon transitions?\

Second example looks unnatural and unauthentic, rifle sling is used in both cases.

:+/

This thread has NOTHING to do with A3. Then why post here?