Sign in to follow this  
mcarma

Is Arma 2 and OA still being developed, etc?

... Your lack of faith is disturbing ...

[78968] New: Black cloak and electric hands

I think BI delayed the patch cause their are playing Men of War:AS, because of Dwarden....

wipman - I guess you missed that the 1.58 RC included a 1.09 patch for Arma 2 content, yes? ;)

Hi, yeah man, i'd missed that info because as i don't follow the OA news because i don't use it and i didn't seen anything about an ArmA2 v1.09 pach. Maybe... will be good if we (the ArmA2 users) could have a short changelog info about this patch, like bugs fixes... improvements... and the usual stuff. But, release it on a patch or beta patch destinated to the OA isn't the best way to inform us (the ArmA2 users) that they didn't stopped working on the ArmA2... and that we could spect the M1911 to get fixed... the M14-A1 (aka M14 DMR) to have fixed grip animation... the .rvmat that screws the custom faces to be removed... the net code that makes the KA-52 upper rotor blades to don't rotate in MP etc etc etc... . I didn't seen any info about a new ArmA2 patch and still without see any official new about it. Let's C ya

I wonder if wipman hesitated to buy the Resistance expansion for OFP?

its quite similar, with the exception being that the Arrowhead expansion is stand-alone.

cmon man, get with the times, stop playing in the past. :p

If you enjoy ARMA2 and have not got OA your really missing out.

-Ziggy-;1877001']I wonder if wipman hesitated to buy the Resistance expansion for OFP?

its quite similar' date=' with the exception being that the Arrowhead expansion is stand-alone.

cmon man, get with the times, stop playing in the past. :p[/quote']

Hi, yeah man, i'd bough the OFP Resistance v1.75 and patched it up to the v1.96; but the Resistance did the OFP better and fixed some things. The OA don't do nothing with the ArmA2 other than screw it's look and it's performance, that's why i'd uninstalled it, because it made the ArmA2 worst.

And man... yar tellin' me to stop livin' in the F past!?, and you've your F OFP's face as your avatar!? man... take a look at yourself before emit any judge on others... .

Questions for BIS:

Why don't you anounce and release the ArmA2 Patch v1.09?. And why do you put it inside an OA patch?, are you forcing the OA (standalone) users to download the ArmA2 Patch v1.09 when they may not need it/use it (as they may not own the ArmA2) but you don't allow (yet) the ArmA2 users to download the ArmA2 v1.09 Patch only?. I don't see much logic on this, other than try to make the ArmA2 users to swallow the OA by the force. Let's C ya

Edited by wipman

because OA 1.59 and A2 1.09 weren't yet officially released, hence they not announced yet

all downloads (both 1.58 RC and 1.59 RC) are available on beta / on own risk basis ...

it was also explained 1.58 (which contains the 1.09 update) was skipped completely ...

thus 1.09 wasn't released (it will be also as standalone download don't worry)

the updates will come most likely next week if nothing steps into way ...

also i suggest You reconsider Your comments about OA engine as it's faster than A2 engine

in fact running A2 map in OA engine yields better performance than with A2 engine ...

also some of AI fixes exist only in OA engine (because that branch of source tree never was merged)

and i can go on ...

Edited by Dwarden

The OA don't do nothing with the ArmA2 other than screw it's look and it's performance, that's why i'd uninstalled it, because it made the ArmA2 worst.

Riiiiight... and that's why we've all reverted back to A2 as well... oh, hang on... we haven't. What's up with that do you think?

because OA 1.59 and A2 1.09 weren't yet officially released, hence they not announced yet

all downloads (both 1.58 RC and 1.59 RC) are available on beta / on own risk basis ...

it was also explained 1.58 (which contains the 1.09 update) was skipped completely ...

thus 1.09 wasn't released (it will be also as standalone download don't worry)

the updates will come most likely next week if nothing steps into way ...

also i suggest You reconsider Your comments about OA engine as it's faster than A2 engine

in fact running A2 map in OA engine yields better performance than with A2 engine ...

also some of AI fixes exist only in OA engine (because that branch of source tree never was merged)

and i can go on ...

Thanks for this clarification, Dwarden.

But it is also a fact that Red Harvest Campaign does not work very well in OA and some fetures like conversation system are missing on Chernarus map in OA. Some "new" features in OA are also strange that worked in ArmA II, little exapmle is that in OA you need a AT laucher to break the glass windows on a unarmoured HMMWV. I switch very often back to ArmA II to play the ArmA II missions. I guess the price of further OA development is more less and less backwards compatibilty.

Thanks for this clarification, Dwarden.

But it is also a fact that Red Harvest Campaign does not work very well in OA and some fetures like conversation system are missing on Chernarus map in OA. Some "new" features in OA are also strange that worked in ArmA II, little exapmle is that in OA you need a AT laucher to break the glass windows on a unarmoured HMMWV. I switch very often back to ArmA II to play the ArmA II missions.

many of the RH Campaign issues in A2: CO were aim of fixes in A2 1.09 and OA 1.58

A2 fixes are e.g.

* Fixed: I2 - mission is not failling before the takeoff.

* Fixed: C1,I1 - SD pistol mags were missing.

* Fixed: C5 - high command icons were not loaded.

* Fixed: C6 - task waypoint for transport important POW is fixed.

* Fixed: C3 - smuggler not shooting.

* Fixed: C2 - Pepan is not at the pump.

* Fixed: I1 - Shilka too strong.

* Fixed: I1 - Razor is hunting down one enemy on whole chernarus.

* Fixed: minor fixes in (CZ/RU) dubbing protocol.

* Fixed: SD pistol mags for C1

and some other i forgot ...

Patch date? When it comes it comes. Game is freaken awesome for me and my crew as it is.

Developer support, always

Modder support OMFG ya.

OA, faster then Arma,

HELL YA.

I love what that has been done with ArmA2 and OA. I play combined Arms. Never looking back, I use ALL the content of Arma2 in an even better faster smoother engine. Only playing half the game if you just get OA or Arma II.

And Yes I support the DLC and think they add to the already great game. Missions rock(would have like Mplayer in BAF).

So YES, this is one of the most heavily supported games I have ever been lucky enough to be apart of and enjoy.

Dwarden would you care to comment on whether or not BI is working on any more additional content? If I remember right I think one of the last developer interviews mentioned something secret in the works...I'm so eager to find out :D

Riiiiight... and that's why we've all reverted back to A2 as well... oh, hang on... we haven't. What's up with that do you think?

Hi, im telling you man... the OA was running at 4fps in a mission back on the v1.54, while the lowest fps that i had with the ArmA2 were 17fps on the 2nd benchmark; in game... the lower fps that i had were 22fps and this was during the ArmA2 campaign mission where you (the Razor Team) begin on top of a building, have to hunt a sniper, then assist some infantry on the ground to reach the town hall's square and some other task that i don't remember rightnow. With the OA v1.54 i had much worst fps than with the ArmA2 v1.08. That's why i don't install again the OA to make the CO, aside of the fact that i don't need the army because i've the Marines. Let's C ya

If you haven't played with OA since 1.54, you do realize that it's soon to become 1.59, yes? Perhaps it's a good time for you to try out CO again. Heck, most content these days requires OA, most patches come out for OA, and even without 1.59 it's still at 1.57, which is still a significant leap from 1.54.

dont try to convince him, this wipman guy seems to be one of those against everything people ... lets c ya :j:

Hi, can you ensure me Zipper5, that the OA/CO performance will be better than Min 22fps Max 40fps?, with this same game's settings?:

ArmA2_Settings-1.jpg

This are my computer specs:

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100427-1636)

Language: Spanish (Regional Setting: Spanish)

System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model: EX38-DQ6

BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 2046MB RAM

Page File: 1587MB used, 1844MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

If you can ensure me (without any error margin) that the OA will have the same or better performance in SP as in MP than the ArmA2 v1.08 (22 to +40fps) on my computer... i may give it a try once the next Official Patch be released; can you ensure it to me?. Let's C ya

Assurances are strictly the preserve of consoles where all hardware is identical, PC's are all different, you need to be prepared to tinker. What you should read into the fact that we haven't all switched back to A2 is that if you are getting lower performance with OA then you need to do some tinkering. I would suggest Antialiasing: Disabled and instead upping your 3D Resolution to 125% or 150%, especially if you have an ATI card. Also you should in the vast majority of cases be using Video Memory: Default.

Wtf does he have to ensure you of anything? Buy it or don't, You think you're buying a car or something. I can assure you of one thing.. you can't get out of life alive and thats all thats certain.

I agree no need for any Arma 3 soon. We all build our computers to be able to handle Arma 2 and alot of people spended a lot of money so they could play the game. If Arma3 comes out it will ruin a lot of people making them upgrading once more .:)

PS

Oops wrong thread :(

Reminds me of this song:

Back in the Flashpoint days.

We used to tweak for weeks.

And now it's year 2009

And finally I get it running kind of fine.

I know they wanna put you down

The gameplay makes the critics frown

They just don't get you the way we do.

You want to jump and frag, play Battlefield 2

(and shove that haXX0r up your 455)

Thank you Bohemia.

For letting me Beta-test the game I bought.

Thank you Bohemia.

Here we go, once again who would have thought.

Arma2 is really kicking now.

And I just can't get enough of shiny glowing cows.

I bought myself a a monster rig, I've spent all my cash.

To get 14 frames per second before I crash.

(it says Receiving... then it crash)

Thank you Bohemia.

For letting me Beta-test the game I bought.

Thank you Bohemia.

Here we go, once again who would have thought.

Now you know what I wanna see.

Patch one'o'three, setPos getPos _me

Is it all in my head

Or did Placebo just closed my thread?

Hi, hey boys, we're getting very off topic here and almost creating a personal issue in here, non of you are named Zipper5; so thanks for your replys but the question wasn't directed at you.

I gonna try to set the Video Memory (in game, ArmA2) to default, and check if that improves the performance, i've a Nvidia GTX 285 with 1Gb, never had an ATI... ; and the OA's settings that i had on the OA/CO were different:

- Texture Detail: High.

- Video Memory: High.

- Anisotropic Filter: Normal.

- Antialiasing: Normal.

- Terrain: High or Normal (don't remember).

- Objects Detail: High.

- Shadow Detail: High and Normal (tryed booth).

- Post Processing: Off.

- Interface Res: 1280x1024.

- 3D Resolution: " " ".

- View Distance: 2500m.

And with those settings... i had 4fps in a campaign mission; i don't belive that any patch will raise the 4fps that i had back with the v1.54 to at least 24fps in that mission. Something on the game's code should change very much for such thing to happen and i don't think that even when it's clear that the OA is beeing improved, maybe even very much, the game's performance isn't where the improvement focus seem to be, it seems to be focused on AI improvements and MP code; and sure that the next OA patch won't be the last one, thing that we can't say for sure about the next ArmA2 patch. Let's C ya