Sign in to follow this  
JDog

USS Nimitz

How should aircraft maintenance be arranged?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. How should aircraft maintenance be arranged?

• Refuel/Rearm/Repair all in one spot on flight deck
    • Refuel/Rearm between elevators 1&2, Repair in hangar bay
    • Rearm between elevators 1&2, Refuel towards rear of deck, Repair in Hangar bay

@ herorok-

Okay. The Nimitz isn't seen as a runway to 'Landing Auto Pilot' so using the option to land on the Nimitz is near impossible without using proper scripting. It's been answered prior in the thread. The Nimitz isn't seen as a runway since it's not hard coded into the map as a runway strip, so when you use 'Landing Auto Pilot' it'll select the nearest runway to the aircraft and fly/land at said runway. I don't know how much clearer it can be said.

No herorok, it can't be done by me unfortunately. Only way to land on it is manually, aka "the fun way".

JDOG... wow :) yes exactly, that's what i mean eheheheh, thank you, btw will it be possible to to change the type of boats used?

It can be done with an island that has the runway in the water, like Gnats Waves. Just position the carrier at the south end of the runway. Not great but works.

Well

What can be done is the following

When you create a mission which uses a particular island is to create a new secondaryairport class inside that island class inside that pbo. In that secondary airport class we would put ILS coordinates and orientation for the nimitz position.

It would be something like

class CfgWorlds
                   {
                    class ISLANDCLASSNAME
                                 {
                                 class SecondaryAirports {
                                                                   class nimitz {
			                     ilsPosition[] = {};
                                                                       ilsDirection[] = {};
                                                                       ilsTaxiIn[] = {};
                                                                       ilsTaxiOff[] = {};
                                                                       drawTaxiway = 0;
		                                  };
                                                                    };
                                  };
                  };

Unfortunately this is something that only should be loaded with that mission as it is not a good idea to overwrite BIS vanilla classes.

The other solution is what has been explained previously. Capture a path with the rec function, store it in an script file and call that with an script. That way requires more work but solves potential "overwritten BIS standard classes problem".

Next MMA update with include ON-HUD landing aids for carriers. A 3D runway displayed on hud to follow until touchdown.

dPKdZYp4Mxs

this init.sqf??

Nope

It's config.cpp and theoretically it should work

Mandoble

You're amazing, as always!!!!

Ole tus hu...s!!!

Next MMA update with include ON-HUD landing aids for carriers. A 3D runway displayed on hud to follow until touchdown.

That looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool Mando, nice work.

Was thinking of letting you guys have this update tonight but... one last surprise I wanna give you all before I release it and take a break from working on this for a while :), since school starts up Tuesday. If I work quick/stuff works out for me maybe I still can, if not tomorrow hopefully.

----UPDATE---

On your marks...

ArmA2OA2011-08-2413-28-10-51.jpg

Disclaimer: No idea if that works/is seen in multiplayer or not yet haha.

Edited by JDog

Awesome....catapult steam!!!!

You have managed to pull off an incredible amount of work in a small period of time.

Thanks again for your effort.

Damn, steam effects only appear locally and the actions for the zodiac apparently aren't seen by clients. Hopefully these'll be easy fixes.

JDog, you might try something like this for the actions:

to activate right steam

_ship SetVehicleInit "res = [This, 0] execVM ""activate_steam.sqf""";
processInitCommands;

or this to activate left steam

_ship SetVehicleInit "res = [This, 1] execVM ""activate_steam.sqf""";
processInitCommands;

Assuming the actions are executed locally by players, these lines will ensure the scripts will be executed everywhere, so the steam will be seen by everybody.

Thanks Mando, I got it though. I forgot to set some publicVariable commands for the zodiac stuff and i just gave everyone a publicVariableEventHandler for the steam, works great now. One more small fix in the morning and it's done.

Edited by JDog

Thanks Mando, I got it though. I forgot to set some publicVariable commands for the zodiac stuff and i just gave everyone a publicVariableEventHandler for the steam, works great now. One more small fix in the morning and it's done.

:cheers:

Prepare for an update of MASSIVE proportions (not really, it's actually a ton of medium-size stuff. I didn't add the death star).

- Version 0.93 Changelog -

• Fixed: Issue where dropped gear on the Nimitz/nearby water would multiply over time until the server ultimately crashed (thanks to ZZEZ again for this).
  • Added: Systems for refueling, rearming, and repairing aircraft. Read new sections of this guide regarding these features. This includes many scripts, actions for players, and a new weapons storage room deep below decks.
  • Added: Davits for the launching and retrieval of Zodiac CRRCs.
  • Added: Steam effect during catapult launches.
  • Added: A few new ordnance container objects that can be placed in the editor. More to come later perhaps.
  • Improved: Catapult launches now have a short but random delay between your salute and your launch.
  • Improved: Arrester cables will now simulate being caught by the tailhook of an aircraft and be pulled out.
  • Improved: Tailhook options now also accessible from a wider angle, allowing more time to set up a landing approach.
  • Changed: Certain high-priority carrier actions have been color-coded and placed at the top of the action menu (whether this stays depends on how many find it annoying).
  • Updated: Test mission to reflect setPosASL requirement (instead of setPos) and to show an ammo-loaded towing tractor, as well as position a jet properly for fuel.

READ:For heaven's sake please read the NimitzGuide.pdf before asking any questions on here or YouTube or PM'ing me. I don't wanna tell anyone else to use setPosASL instead of setPos, or what side of the fuel hose to be on to refuel, and there's a lot of new stuff in the addon now.

Download: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20714151/JDG_Nimitz_v093_7z

I didn't add the death star

When can we expect that one? :-P

You've done really awesome work!! Keep it up! ;-)

Thanks for the hardwork JDog.

I was writing a rearm script but struggling with turret rearming. How you guys do this kind of thing...I don't know : )

Thanks

Rough Knight

Liking everything so far.

Still having falling through the deck issues when placing in the editor. I'm getting the correct height ASL, however, sometimes if I move the carrier I have issues with only some units falling through the deck and others not.

Great Work JDOG this has enhanced my Arma2 Experience dramatically most missions are now built using the Carrier. And you even added Zodiac Launch! Bravo!! I was wondering what we were going to have to do to get out of the water if we had gone off the deck on a launch fail or mistake. this is just awesome man. One thing I read your Pdf and it said to use enablesimulation with the Anims? I looked it up on the wiki and it says this command only works Locally...??? Ive had these anims since you gave them to me on you tube when I asked about em but never could figure out how to gte them too work lol. A friend of mine claims he got AI to launch and Land on the carrier but Im not sure how he did it something about reversing the code for launch or something. Anyway thanks for the Update this is grade A material no doubt.