Sign in to follow this  
wolffy.au

Multi-Session Operations v3.3 is released!

My hats off to you guys for making this great mod, I've been using your Zaragabad template to make my own MSOs for SP, I'm having some trouble with the convoys though, which file do I need to edit to make the start and end points on custom maps such as fallujah.

Because in Torabora and Fallujah they are always overlapping the start and end.

Can't wait to see the next release thanks so much I've had HOURS AND DAYS of fun with this add on!

How can I use the f_playersinside function used in the enemypop module to reverse it and waitUntil a player is within the radius of a cityCenter? Ive been missing you again wollfy lol, made alot of progress though but im not sure if i should continue because I have a feeling im going to finish this great mod of MSO and then youll have 3.4 out lol

How can I use the f_playersinside function used in the enemypop module to reverse it and waitUntil a player is within the radius of a cityCenter? Ive been missing you again wollfy lol, made alot of progress though but im not sure if i should continue because I have a feeling im going to finish this great mod of MSO and then youll have 3.4 out lol

Yeah I'm hoping the update will be fairly easy to implement into existing MSO templates, but I understand if it won't.:)

Ok, tell me if this is a good idea?

As I've said previously, I've broken up the MSO in 4 or 5 major components. Of those, I have 3 ready for release candidates. Would you like early access of those release candidates to see what the new setup looks like?

:0 will there be any new ACE missions containing the new MSO modules INCLUDED with this release :).

Thanks

Not in the release candidates. I'lll see what I can do for the full release.

Not in the release candidates. I'lll see what I can do for the full release.

No problem I appreciate the work mate thanks very much.

This apply`s to all you lot that make missions and mods tbh thanks.

Ok, tell me if this is a good idea?

As I've said previously, I've broken up the MSO in 4 or 5 major components. Of those, I have 3 ready for release candidates. Would you like early access of those release candidates to see what the new setup looks like?

Sure!

We could test it almost every night with 2-6 people.

Will it use vanilla arma2oa, or would need any mods?

Sure throw me PMs and try to catch me on Skype, when will you be on?

i don't want to let the proverbial "cat out of the bag" but i'm simply loving the new (upcoming) "ambience" modifications.

I am willing to give the candidate releases a go, just PLEASE enable the AI recruiting module so we can really take this baby for a Test Drive.

I think u're doing a FANTASTIC job with the way your changing the game play with MSO.

>Salute<

Wolfy, could you PM me regarding which specific elements of the MSO modules you've got ready as RC's?

I've literally only just finished making a new version of the mission and would love to throw in some more elements into the mix.

Really really nice, i like this direction..

Sorry to ask maybe an obvious question, but is it easy enough to add other factions to the enemy factions? such as blufor..

I mean can some arrays simply be edited, or is it more complex for a weekend scripter? if so would it be considered in future.

So many questions, so little time! :)

Try adding additional factions to MSO_FACTION array, but I'm not sure what the effect will be on AI caching and them running into each other on server utilisation ie will they fight to the death and kill server performance while they do it.

I will try to get those RC's released ASAP.

Thanks.

BTW when the new modules are released will any one be making a new mission using these new modules but for ACE 2? if so could you share it please as I would love to test the new modules with my mates.

thanks again

Ok, lets start with my disclaimer:

These are pre-release test missions. They contain NO ENEMY. They are purely designed to test the modules in their individual components.

If you wish to experiment, it should be very simple to merge modules together (that's the whole point).

MSO v3.4alpha3

Download: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/mso/files

Massive thanks to Jaynus and Nou for patiently explaining perFrame to me and allowing immense performane improvements in the MSO.

mso-core: Is the pure bare bones core componets of MSO. Every MSO will probably need all these components.

• AI unit caching
  • Debug console
  • Multiplayer rights
  • NOMAD
  • View Distance/Terrain Settings
  • Time and Weather

mso-ambience: Is the combination of core and modules that immerse you into the MSO world. There are no enemy in this category, but there are things that may kill you.

• Ambient civilians and traffic (cars)
  • Flocks of crows
  • Packs of wild dogs (Big Daddy's Blitzy scripts)
  • Civilian emergency services (ambulance, police and repairs)
  • Swarms of flies
  • Sandstorms
  • Shepherds and their herds
  • Call to prayer

mso-support: Is the combination of core and modules that assist in making your military life easier. Again, there are no enemy in this category.

• After Action Reports
  • Close Air Support
  • Flippable Vehicles
  • JIP Markers
  • Logbook
  • R3F Logistics
  • AI Recruitment and Dr Eyeball's Team Status
  • Rommel's Revive
  • JIP Tasks
  • Tyre Changing

You will find other modules in these downloads - they currently bugged or don't work at all. If they are not mentioned in the list above, please don't worry about testing them for bugs.

You will find other modules in these downloads - they currently bugged or don't work at all. If they are not mentioned in the list above, please don't worry about testing them for bugs.

Want to know what modules are still on the way:

• Tupolov's Ambient Air and Sea Traffic
  • CASEVAC
  • General Carver's Pack Cow

Edited by Wolffy.au

quote:

Want to know what modules are still on the way:

Show spoiler

Tupolov's Ambient Air and Sea Traffic

CASEVAC

General Carver's Pack Cow

Whatever happened to the "Terrorist cells" ??? :(

(grinning)

Edited by dondaddah

THX Wolffy your Awesome:bounce3:

I think that's under the enemy module, don't worry ;)

Yep, thats exactly right. Working on it right now.

Hey guys,

First of all I'd like to congratulate all the MSO team. You guys totally changed the gameplay adding a lot of tension and randomness to the game.

My brazilian squad (www.combatetatico.com.br) just installed MSO 3.3 and everything is working great! But we still have a lot to test.

One question, Im just returning from a patrol where we kill 5+ enemies. Then a white flag appeared on the map above the small town the patrol took place, then it turned green and then red. What do those flag colors mean?

Another one, can I edit the way the AI behave? I mean...Make the AI more aggressive, more sneaky, etc....

Great job guys! Keep on!

The flag reflects the AI civilians respect, green is good, white is neutral and red is bad :)

As far as altering AI behavior, you would have to be a pretty good scripter, mainly because it uses ZORA to spawn it's units, I'm not much for fsm files so not too smart there ;)

I have a question. I have a modified version running in my comunity server and i added an editor placed Mi-24 which runs an independent script for respawn and a patrol script. Sometimes the chopper just stays hovering a few meters above the ground and with no gunner! And this always happens when the chopper has no gunner!

Is it possible that the MSO is caching the gunner of the Mi-24? Should i add that variable on te init line of the chopper to disable caching?

I mean that "CEP_disablecache" thing.

What could be causing that gunner to disappear?

Another one, can I edit the way the AI behave? I mean...Make the AI more aggressive, more sneaky, etc....

Check your difficulty settings on your server, change the AI Skill to 0.9 and AI Precision to 0.4 - see if that make life more fun!

Is it possible that the MSO is caching the gunner of the Mi-24? Should i add that variable on te init line of the chopper to disable caching?

Yes, common issue with previous caching system.

v3.4 should be fixed from that bug!