Sign in to follow this  
wolffy.au

Multi-Session Operations v3.3 is released!

I tried it a few minutes @Takistan in SP.

"WOW" is the first thing that comes up in my mind.

I recruited some guys and went out on patrol. Took care of some inf.

I tried a tank. Got kicked out right away "need to be crewman...". I saw on youtube that the guys used a tank. Do you call in vehicles and tanks? Can you get apaches and similar goodies? :)

Will try this more when I see a populated server not too far away.

GREAT WORK!

I tried a tank. Got kicked out right away "need to be crewman...".

You got that in SP? Hmm, must be a bug. Can you log it as a ticket on dev-heaven.net/projects/mso? I'll fix it in next release, I just don't want to forget about it.

You got that in SP? Hmm, must be a bug. Can you log it as a ticket on dev-heaven.net/projects/mso? I'll fix it in next release, I just don't want to forget about it.

Just my bugged brain i guess. I changed one parameter and it worked! :)

Still, what is the players motivation in this? Bigger guns? Cooler stuff (apaches), money, rank or what? What is the goal? Doing missions till you die? :)

This thread is getting big, so I might have to start repeating myself, cause I know I wouldn't read 8 pages of threads! :)

Its a mission editors framework. The current "sample" missions just populate the entire island with enemy (just like real life really :P). There are no objectives other than to take over the entire map. Do it any way you feel like it could be done - you've got all the time in the world.

Hi again :)

There is one thing I want to ask.

The enemy`s on this mission type is there a random number set for the entire island at the very start of a session or say if I kill all enemy in zone A and go away then a few hours/days later will there be more magically SPAWNED there or will enemy's from surrounding areas move in to take over it to make it a little more real?.

I remember back in the old days Mario if I killed all bad guys then decide to go back a few steps then move forward the same enemy would have spawned back to life ( i know arma aint mario).

I hope u understand what I am trying to say.

If its not like I ask above I think that would be a good idea.

Say at start of server/session its randomly decided that there will be 200 enemy`s in total that`s it no more than that will spawn when there dead you win etc.

I am not saying we should be informed of the amount decided but maybe later on in the mission we could get intel saying ok we heard there is about 30 enemy`s in total on this island or location.

if I kill all enemy in zone A and go away then a few hours/days later will there be more magically SPAWNED there or will enemy's from surrounding areas move in to take over it to make it a little more real?

No, once they're dead, they're dead.

We can work on other AI plugins similar to what you've described in the future.

Awesome but will all ready spawned/cached enemy near come to take over said area?.

Thanks for this great mission type to.

ARMA community for the win :)

Awesome but will all ready spawned/cached enemy near come to take over said area?

Not sure - the AI are only given basic commands like patrol and defend. What they do once they know someone is in the area is a bit unknown.

We had Zeus AI on our server and a T72 split from its squad and pursued us for 2km. Anything can happen in an MSO! :)

now i tried one of the sample missions on a personal lan network alone, and i gotta say i was impressed!!

feels like the actual thing, going through the phases of executing a mission in a completely dynamic area, planning, packing, executing, returning, refueling, rearming and repairing. top notch stuff!

First op i went on was a zone recon mission, then tasked out to ambush a convoy. Recconnoitered the down, then set up a screen line a bit aways from the convoy route so i can nail them effectively from a distance...

next thing i know my mounted element calls contact on a group of insurgents creepin up behind us!! gotta say i like the "curveball" effect that an MSO has.

but one thing lacks, now this may be just my opinion due to my "i can only play SP" dillema, but the tempo, while perfect for MP, was a bit slow for SP. It couldnt exactly hold my attention knowing i was the only person playing with an AI squad, but for MP, it wouldve been a dream come true.

Just saying, its a great thing, but takes a little more dedication for an SP guy like myself. Keep up the good work! and if you happened to release some sort of mega mission for SP with this as the framework, i will personally find you, and hug you for at least 30 seconds. awkward? perhaps, but justified!

:D

Hmmm I tried this on a dedi-server (lan), SP -- and found myself running around trying to recruit AI so I didnt have to wander the wilderness alone.

Is there any other way to generate an AI squad other than recruiting those who can be recruited ? (most cant be).

I too would love to play this MP with a dedicated bunch of guys.

Yes the AI recruitment is a bit rough. I tore it out and replaced it with Bon's AI recruitment script in my version.

One thing I've noticed is that when the enemy spawn they just stand there, is there anyway to set them to danger status or have them move around a bit?

Yes the AI recruitment is a bit rough. I tore it out and replaced it with Bon's AI recruitment script in my version.

We can probably make a module for it, so those who prefer it can use it instead.

One thing I've noticed is that when the enemy spawn they just stand there, is there anyway to set them to danger status or have them move around a bit?

Hmmm, sounds like a bug most likely to do with AI unit caching. All squads will be in defense or patrols - no one should be just standing around.

Can you confirm same happens in the test mission?

Very nice set of missions, but one question,

In aaw_oa it contains inko_disposable.pbo, which is a nice addon.

But it conflicts with ace, and also creates Bouncy/spinning empty tubes.

Unfortunately removing this addon gives an error. What's the reason to included this addon as a must have in the aaw_oa pack?

What's the reason to included this addon as a must have in the aaw_oa pack?

Probably more an appropriate question for the AAW guys.

now bear with me, im not sure if im the right spot. if not please point me in the right direction.

i am in LOVE with the tire changing module. how would i be able to implement just that module in a mission i create?

Im using PMC 51k Desert and the R3F Arty and Logistics script already. idk if thats relevant but it felt important to say.

any help is good, thanks!

now bear with me, im not sure if im the right spot. if not please point me in the right direction.

i am in LOVE with the tire changing module. how would i be able to implement just that module in a mission i create?

Im using PMC 51k Desert and the R3F Arty and Logistics script already. idk if thats relevant but it felt important to say.

any help is good, thanks!

the tyre module is exactly what it sounds like, a module, just open the editor and click modules on the right side. Double click on the map and youll see it as a drop down menu. Yopu can place it anywhere

I think its an ace option so youll need ace

Hi all has any one made any more ACE mission types yet maybe ones that dont have 4000 AI that kill my crappy server :P.

There is already time sync in MSO, however, there is (by default) no way to choose mission start time, so I made a tiny module that does this:

main.sqf

if (!isServer) exitWith {};

private ["_currentDate"];

if (!isNil "module_time_hour" && !isNil "module_time_minute") then {
   _currentDate = date;
   _currentDate set [3, module_time_hour];
   _currentDate set [4, module_time_minute];
   setDate _currentDate;

if (!isNil "CRB_SERVERTW") then {
       CRB_SERVERTW set [0, +_currentDate];
       publicVariable "CRB_SERVERTW";
   };
};

params.hpp

class module_time_hour {
   title = "Hour of Day"; 
   values[]= {0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23}; 
   texts[]= {"00:XX","01:XX","02:XX","03:XX","04:XX","05:XX",
             "06:XX","07:XX","08:XX","09:XX","10:XX","11:XX",
             "12:XX","13:XX","14:XX","15:XX","16:XX","17:XX",
             "18:XX","19:XX","20:XX","21:XX","22:XX","23:XX"}; 
   default = 10;
};

class module_time_minute {
   title = "Minute of Day"; 
   values[]= {0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55}; 
   texts[]= {"XX:00","XX:05","XX:10","XX:15","XX:20","XX:25",
             "XX:30","XX:35","XX:40","XX:45","XX:50","XX:55"};
   default = 10;
};

You will need to add the #include params.hpp to description-mso.ext and execNow of main.sqf to init-mso.sqf.

Edited by Muzzleflash

Excellent work MuzzleFlash - if you're good with it, I'll add the module to the distribution.

Hey Wolffy.au made any more ACE versions of this missions type :) with less enemy's?.

Thanks

Excellent work MuzzleFlash - if you're good with it, I'll add the module to the distribution.

Sure, feel free to do anything with it.

Ill be making more soon, just got a new job and Ive been 2x more busy now

FYI open the mission pbo and check inside /functions/server/fn_initlocations.sqf

Yeah, what Sleep said! I haven't touched the missions since last release. Hopefully other mission makers will go nuts with the framework, and I can concentrate on additional features.

Are there any servers running this on a regular basis, preferrably non-ACE?

If there are it might be a good idea to make a list at the beginning of the thread.

Totally loving this and planning some pathfinder style op for me squad, will definitely convert to a publically accessible format if it succeeds