Sign in to follow this  
wolffy.au

Multi-Session Operations v3.3 is released!

CAS seemed to still CTD

the player who used it.

Edited by Sleep

Have 2 questions:

1. How can i create a task ingame with a condition which we have to fulfill?

Ive seen the code for the new convoy tasks but i dont know to initialize them.

If i start a task, i can just give it a name and a description.

2.What are the green, yellow and red markers good for?

e=end, s=start, d=???. What shall they say to me?

ps: cas works quite fine on our server ;)

boggler;1854615']1. How can i create a task ingame with a condition which we have to fulfill?

If i start a task' date=' i can just give it a name and a description.[/quote']

You can't add conditions at the moment. Its more about communicating with other players what they should be trying to achieve. Adding names and descriptions is all they do.

boggler;1854615']Ive seen the code for the new convoy tasks but i dont know to initialize them.

2.What are the green' date=' yellow and red markers good for?

e=end, s=start, d=???. What shall they say to me?[/quote']

The convoy tasks are part of the coloured markers. Read the task, locate the markers and it all should make sense. They are initialised from the start of the mission.

boggler;1854615']ps: cas works quite fine on our server ;)

Good to hear.

Trialled this on our server over the weekend. Had a couple of issues, though we weren't really sure what to expect...

mso\mso_uids.txt kept throwing up a 'not found' error which prevented the intialisation completing properly (the logistics module never started for example)

Hostiles and Civilans alike were popping into existence right near us and sometimes in the middle of fire fights, which was a bit of an immersion breaker.

Other than 'patrol MSR on the offchance of enemy spawning randomly' and 'hunt down the convoy', it wasn't very clear what our overall objective was. I accept that this may of course be a deliberate feature and simply due to our lack of understanding of the game type!

Very nice concept though, and I look forward to seeing further development. If the gameplay proves popular with my group I may (with your permission), do a UK Forces conversion with added ACE2 & ACRE.

Trialled this on our server over the weekend. Had a couple of issues, though we weren't really sure what to expect...

mso\mso_uids.txt kept throwing up a 'not found' error which prevented the intialisation completing properly (the logistics module never started for example)

Hostiles and Civilans alike were popping into existence right near us and sometimes in the middle of fire fights, which was a bit of an immersion breaker.

Other than 'patrol MSR on the offchance of enemy spawning randomly' and 'hunt down the convoy', it wasn't very clear what our overall objective was. I accept that this may of course be a deliberate feature and simply due to our lack of understanding of the game type!

Very nice concept though, and I look forward to seeing further development. If the gameplay proves popular with my group I may (with your permission), do a UK Forces conversion with added ACE2 & ACRE.

This is about as sandbox as you can get Friz; literally you can go out on a regular patrol (day-to-day sort of missions) and run into stuff; log AARs and you're set. The 'overall' objective I suppose is to clear whichever map you're running of enemy forces (though there are no tasks set as to give the mission editor more freedom to mold this how he sees fit).

Tasks as I see it are defined pretty dynamically via a virtual Commanding Officer (mission commander....basically whomever wants to lead at the time); or they can be set beforehand as sort of 'overarching goals' i.e. "Here's where we think the enemy base is; find it and dismantle it"; at which point the mission editor would add what's needed to complete said task.

The other more dynamic tasks would be assigned via JIP markers and notes. For example; had the first version of this running on my dedi (my desktop with a separate combined ops install for mission creation / editing / testing) and went out on a patrol on Takistan. Not a mile from the US FOB was an artillery nest (D-30s / mortars and supporting units) I'd log that as a recon AAR; note number of enemy units found / killed and what I ran into and a task could be generated from that (if I was playing online) for a larger force to clear out.

This isn't a mission that I can see people just hopping on and blowing stuff up; it's more deliberate than that in that you have to pay attention to your logistics so that you don't lose too many resources in too short a period of time (since their respawn is so long).

It really rewards players for playing tactically and actually doing more than just 'waypoint to this area' style planning. Due to having limited lives etc. you're much more vulnerable and reliant on your team.

Sounds right up our street. Is there any indication during the 'early game' of hostile locations or is it simply a case of head down an MSR and hope for the best?

Either works, but the latter would require a rethink of our weekly mission structure. By that I mean I wouldn't want to take 30 people out on a patrol with no promise of at least some action, so recces would need to be conducted by enterprising individuals prior to mission nights. This concept certainly excites my interest, but other prefer a more structured gameplay so we'd need to tailor our content to suit them within the framework of MSO.

Edited by friznit2

Did you read the instructions and are you using v3.31? All the 'issues' you've described are either previous version bugs or incorrect installation.

We encourage making your own versions but if you haven't got it working in vanilla, you probably won't have much success.

Get onto ausarma.org or contact us on Skype for realtime support.

EDIT: Sorry Friznit, didn't see your reply from my phone before.

By that I mean I wouldn't want to take 30 people out on a patrol with no promise of at least some action, so recces would need to be conducted by enterprising individuals prior to mission nights.

As unlikely as it is to go beyond the wire and not run into anyone, doing recce beforehand, etc is a good way to play it.

At the moment, OPFOR do not re-take towns, but there are random attack that will flank you all the time - so if you sit still long enough, you will get attacked.

Edited by Wolffy.au

Very nice ähh multi-session operation^^ do you release a Usa vs Ru.Chernarus vanilla version?

Very nice ähh multi-session operation^^ do you release a Usa vs Ru.Chernarus vanilla version?

I haven't because A2 models can't carry backpacks and I didn't think it would be useful.

Its very easy to create it yourself or if I have the time, I will put one in the next release for you.

Ok, so I am an absolute NUB at doing anything editor wise or server wise.

I've soughta edited/created my MSO mission and done as the editor user guide suggested. When I run this on a local everything seems fine, right down to the "Initialisation Complete" message in game. Things work as they should.

However when I try to run this on a dedi server the server console just spams "Read from bank" and anyone trying to connect just gets the wait-for-host message.

Also, I see your various posts around the place in regards to locations, could any further explanation be offered on how to use them? Do locations determine where enemies might spawn?

Very cool idea!

I've skimmed the thread, and my impression is that this is intended for MP? :) Is it possible to run it in SP, with a group of AI? If not, will you be pursuing something like that, and if not that, would you be offended if someone did? :)

Thanks,

T

However when I try to run this on a dedi server the server console just spams "Read from bank" and anyone trying to connect just gets the wait-for-host message.

Sounds like you have an addon missing from your server. Check that CBA is on the server.

Also, I see your various posts around the place in regards to locations, could any further explanation be offered on how to use them? Do locations determine where enemies might spawn?

Yes, locations are used by the Random Enemy Populator to locate patrols and enemy camps. Default BIS maps are covered in them, while custom map makers haven't been required to put them in, since no one used them. We just need to convince them that the MSO is a good enough need for them now! :)

Is it possible to run it in SP, with a group of AI?

The infamous TRex - welcome mate! Good to see you again. Yes, MSO works perfectly in SP - thats how I initially test everything.

What would be of great interest to you is all the Ambient Civilian fixes I've done. Unpbo one of the missions and checkout the CA folder for all the BIS module overrides. Yesterday, I even modified Ambient Civilian Traffic to spawn passengers too (see a bus load here)!!

LOL

I saw that stuff in the feature list and... indeed... got more than a little excited. :D

I also remember when I first got passengers dynamically in buses and trucks. Thought, "That is f'n cool." :)

Will absolutely check this out, then, and I suspect DMarkwick will, too.

This really looks awesome.

I use ACE2 and really want to try it but whats AAW?

Thanks

Thanks I will look at setting this up on me home dedi server.

Me server aint nothing to write home about but I hope it will run this.

Sounds like you have an addon missing from your server. Check that CBA is on the server.

Yes, locations are used by the Random Enemy Populator to locate patrols and enemy camps. Default BIS maps are covered in them, while custom map makers haven't been required to put them in, since no one used them. We just need to convince them that the MSO is a good enough need for them now! :)

Holy crap I can't believe I forgot CBA, I even placed the module on the map too damnit haha. Thanks heaps for the help.

In regards to locations, if I use the editor based game-logic locations will that then spawn troops at those locations also?

In regards to locations, if I use the editor based game-logic locations will that then spawn troops at those locations also?

Haven't tried it and don't think it would work.

Check out functions\server\fn_initLocations.sqf on how custom locations are created per island, if you want examples.

I must be blind how do I actually install this on a dedi server?.

Do I run it as a mod as I cant see any installation instructions?.

I cant wait to get into this looks awesome I have got a ACE missions of this now.

Thanks Wolffy.au

Hi all me bro is playing this alone at the moment on this mission

mia389's ACE MSO

we use ACE on a dedi server.

HE has just told me he cant heal at medic tents or hire medics?.

Is this the ACE playing up?.]

His roll is not medic is that why?.

Thanks

with ace wounds there are a few ways that works, Im going to assume tho all he needs to do is get gear from the tent and use his ace self interaction key to heal himself, provided the "everyone can use medkits" ace module is there.

in ace the tents are only there for looks and gear

I'll release some more of the ace mso versions ive worked on soon, prolly just sticking them into this thread. Also I doubt I'll be working on much more torabora mso due to lack of crb locations (ive pmed chilli about it), so all of my next versions of mso will be for the main maps and prolly lingor.

Appreciate the hard work you're doing to get the framework into usable missions sleep. And big thanks once again to the MSO team for putting this excellent framework together.