Sign in to follow this  
wolffy.au

Multi-Session Operations v3.3 is released!

here is the ACE version of chernarus. its just the basics, so feel free to build on top of it (thats whats its for anyway). ALso unlike the 3.3 versions this one seems to only spawn infantry with some armors vehicles. I think because its only using the bordercrossing locations. Either ways its great fun.

I added teleport options at the 2 american flags and 2 lavhq (forgot who made the script, might have been kylana* sp?). flags being fl1 and 2, lavs being gl1 and 2. We generally just take the flags or the lavhq to our FOB for easy travel.

Respawn times range from 30 minutes to 12 hours, most birds being 30 minutes. I did that because the plan is to implement some real task into the mission, but im holding off on major work due to mso being so new and updated frequently.

http://www.mediafire.com/?o127djwldilz3kn

Ill get a takistan one done soon

Sweet testing now :)

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

Hi all please help

I am having trouble getting this user rights to work.

I have a dedi server (I use tohpe server tool could this be causing problems?).

Any way I cant get the rights to work here is me text file

[

["1234", "CORPORAL", ["crew"]], /*namex*/

["4567", "PRIVATE", ["pilot"]], /*namey*/

["7890", "LIEUTENANT", ["admin"]], /*STK*/

["6789", "SERGEANT", ["pilot","crew"]] /*Steelhawk*/

]

I have created a folder called mso in the arma2 directory on the server.

Please help as we are waiting to play :).

I have tryed loads of ways here but every time me bro gets in a chopper it kicks him out and I have no debug mode seeing as I am admin.

Thanks

Sweet testing now :)

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

Hi all please help

I am having trouble getting this user rights to work.

I have a dedi server (I use tohpe server tool could this be causing problems?).

Any way I cant get the rights to work here is me text file

[

["1234", "CORPORAL", ["crew"]], /*namex*/

["4567", "PRIVATE", ["pilot"]], /*namey*/

["7890", "LIEUTENANT", ["admin"]], /*STK*/

["6789", "SERGEANT", ["pilot","crew"]] /*Steelhawk*/

]

I have created a folder called mso in the arma2 directory on the server.

Please help as we are waiting to play :).

I have tryed loads of ways here but every time me bro gets in a chopper it kicks him out and I have no debug mode seeing as I am admin.

Thanks

are you using your game id shown in your profile page in game?

also its easier to just turn the first option to true in parameters, that way no rights are needed

Not sure then, we dont use it currently, like I said tho just set the first parameter to true.

ah ok

MP rights ya mean?

will do tbh its only private server any ways but I thought this file all so kept your gear when ya logged out?.

I use tohpe server tool could that be causing a problem though?.

ah ok

MP rights ya mean?

will do tbh its only private server any ways but I thought this file all so kept your gear when ya logged out?.

I use tohpe server tool could that be causing a problem though?.

nope its only if the server is going to use the /mso folder you made on the server. I think the modules name is nomad that saves your progress and its always there as long as you dont edit the description-mso.

Excellent stuff guys, looking awesome.

mso_uids.txt works off your Gamer ID (the numbers) not your in-game name.

Hi all I love this concept but me dedi server aint up to it its so slow.

I shot an enemy 20 times in head at close range with glock 18 he then died I got shot once and died.

I do like ARMA I am a big fan boy but ffs it pisses me off some times.

Its so unoptimized to even NASA computers could not run this game.

Any back on topic thanks for the ACE missions what I played of it I liked a lot.

Our base got attacked kinda fast at the start is that normal?.

Thanks

I may have a look at these and try and make a less lively one as the AI are killing my server (its not a very good server).

I get about 25 fps on me main pc to on your last map but that the same as most of these MSO missions.

I get well over 80fps with no AI in the same area so AI is killing my rig.

Any ways this missions type i awesome thanks

Hi again all :).

I am having a real hard time staying alive here im not a noob at this game but I cant seem to do any thing with out running into enemy.

I play [506th PIR]Sleep missions with ACE etc.

Our base gets over run with enemy with in 10 mins of starting the game,I cant travel no more than 1km with out getting shot at.

Is there a less busy map :P as I play on me own most of the time (I know its a team mission more than any thing).

But its very very busy this missions type I cant scout any where cus there is all ways enemy right next to me.

Thanks

hmmm, the ai that attack the base "ussually" arent that much of a problem. I did have a version going where the base was being attacked like mad, I scrapped it due to fps tho for the lesser pc's in our group.

Do they attack the base and over run it every time? For us sometimes they attack right off the bat and sometimes we have to go out and find them, its different everytime. I have never found they are too much for us tho, even with 2 or 3 people.

edit: when i get home I'll show you how to edit the mission to where you can have less things going on (cant remember off hand what folder initlocations is in... brain farting i guess). I think I included the depbo'd folder for the mission also. Youll need pboview or something similar to repbo tho.

Edited by Sleep

I have not played that much because even my Q6700 and ati 4690 1gb struggles with this I get about 25fps.

If I run the mission on the dedi server though that aint that good I still get only 25 fps.

And yes so far they have attacked every time.

I went off on my own and left AI to it first time and I came under fire kinda fast.

I think there is to much AI on this mission and wonder how easy it is to decrease it to make it a little more of a scout mission.

I dont mean like 20 AI on the whole island.

out of curiosity what amount of AI are there on this mission at a time with say just me playing for 20mins on me own?.

Thanks and I like the ACE missions you do I just find it very busy for me alone hahahah.

if you hit 0,8,1 on your top number pad as long as you have mprights turned off it will bring up a debug screen, the 3rd option down on the right side is a count all units. that will shwo you how many ai are presently on the map.

If you host the mission and play it that way a little dialog window is at the top right which shows you these amounts all the time.

For us the amount of actual ai are around 35 at the very begining, going up to 200+ when people are scattered around the map. We discourage this tho as it will lag the server a bit.

In the next version Im going to move the starting base to somewhere thats not on an airfield. I think theres something about that one airfield we are using that has a bit of an fps issue.

Ok thanks for the info I will check that out later.

I know ACE has a little more of me fps than vanilla does.

I am going to over clock me CPU soon to 3.2 from 2.67 and hope it helps a little more.

But that wont help when I run run it from the dedi server :(.

But still I will look into making a less busy map.

And that would be great if ya could show me how to decrease AI count.

First off, this looks like a friggen awesome concept for MP, gives it that "Tour of Duty" feel where, you actually are deployed to takistan. very immersive.

however ive skimmed through these forums and, im sure most of you know my issue with playing multiplayer right now (see "location" under my avatar if unaware)

and i saw it mentioned once, that it was SP compatible. now, exactly how compatible is it?? if i were to DL the US v. TK mission, and run it on my own laptop how would it happen?

i would find out for myself right now, but as usual, pulling night shift in the CP. Has any1 played it in SP? howd it work?

i normally dont ask this many questions unless im really interested in something...you guys should be proud...i never even asked my wife this many questions about anything :rolleyes:

lol, depends on the power of the laptop. I have few issues running it when im testing it and hosting it myself. But I cant be a good judge for others due to this awesome rig i recently built.

just slap it into your mpmissions folder under your profile name and have a go at it, everything seems to work fine with or without dedicated server help.

got internet on nightwatch in the sand pit hahah lucky you

NIPRnet buddy....comms of the future lol

soo....an alienware M11x??

i would just start a fake LAN and go about my business or what??

any way to play it as legitimate SP?? like have the mission be under scenarios?

im confuzzled. 2 days, no sleep. fun stuff. bear with me lol

where your profile name is under my documents there should be a MPmissions folder, if there isnt make one and place it there.

edit: might have read your question wrong... Honestly I have no clue about it being a legit sp, only way I know how host it thru a lan

and roger. so if i run it on a lan and play by myself...how would i go about completing recon patrols and such?? AI buddies? would the only way to keep it going so it can be the actual "never ending mission" is keep the LAN up??

i thank you for your responses btw :D

can you make an AAW one that does not need ace

Will try for the next release.

SP compatible. now, exactly how compatible is it??

Yeah, should work perfectly in SP.

AI buddies? would the only way to keep it going so it can be the actual "never ending mission" is keep the LAN up??

MP Rights is disabled by default in SP, so you'll be able to do everything like recruit AI, etc. Yes, you'd have to keep the mission going to maintain persistence but its all doable.

Thanks for your positive comments tswords and thanks to Sleeps for being so helpful. Enjoy.

Another alternative is to host your own dedi on the same laptop and then join the game as a multiplayer client.

wolfy I'll post up some feedback on MSO after playing around with it some more last night over at AA.