Sign in to follow this  
wolffy.au

Multi-Session Operations v3.3 is released!

Is there an ACE version that doesn't require the AAW pack that is available or in the works?

There are a few ACE versions floating around. Hopefully one of the authors here will let you know where you can get a copy. I will try to include one in the next release.

K, thanks. On a side note, I've been playing around w/ MSO trying out the construction stuff, and have noticed that there isn't, or I haven't found the magic spot to get the option to load up the large tower bunkers, the large bunkers, camo nets, or barbed wire, is there a method to the madness or can they not be picked up?

Edited by DPG-Wall

Camo nets for sure aren't in the R3F logistics 'usable' (i.e. carryable / moveable) script. Adding them didn't help either. Not sure about the barbed wire to be perfectly honest. They are in the script but don't work for some odd reason (same when you add the camo netting).

For the Wire:

aim with a pistol or rifle on the second pole from the left:bounce3:

Good stuff guys - yeah, never found the action point on camo nets.

Wire is as stated - look at the pole.

For the other stuff, check its in the R3F config. If you're adding stuff, ping me and I'll add it to the MSO template.

I had a good idea that might be worth mentioning, not sure on how to implement it however. I do know how to make static objects (ie antennas) into retrans sites for the ACRE users with the fn command that's available, not sure if it would be possible to add them to the config for R3F and carry the acre ability as well after respawn, but it would be nice to be able to setup FOBS w/ antenna towers.

i have added in our mso

Hhedgehog_concreteBig
Hhedgehog_concrete

What i need is: make the HMMWV_DES_EP1 to an Towingtraktor for airplanes:D

Edit: here is our ACE 2 custom mso

Ace2 MSO Taksitan

Changelog:

68 playable unnits

Added Base at Rasman

Added Choppers and 1 A-10a

Added more trucks and Hmmwvs

Added more Weapons crates

Added Base Markers

Respawn times changed

Added more playable US Army Units

Added playable Pilots

Added playable Crew Member

Added Mission Commander

removed Baf

Added more building material

removed cas ask the pilots

removed evac ask the pilots

removed acre

removed wounds sys

Added ace wounds

Added ace modules

Added Ace EASA

Added Credits

Added LoadingScreen

Fixed Spawnpositions

removed arma 2 cars

Added Hhedgehog_concreteBig and Hhedgehog_concrete to R3F script

Added Bons_ieds script

Added static defenses

many more ;-)

ToDo:Blacklist Rasman Airport for Cars, animals, Civilians

Edited by Fogu

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question but is this amazing persistency limited to your sample missions or can it be integrated to other missions, e.g. Insurgency?

Just in case any of you wanted the option to sync real time with your servers in game time for the MSO. This will allow you to choose the hour at the start of the mission under the parameters block.

description-mso.ext

class Params
{
 class TimeOfDay {
   title = "Time of Day";
   values[] = {0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23};
   texts[] = {"0000","0100","0200","0300","0400","0500","0600","0700","0800","0900","1000","1100","1200","1300","1400","1500","1600","1700","1800","1900","2000","2100","2200","2300"};
   default = 16;
 };
};

init.sqf

skiptime (((paramsarray select 0) - daytime + 24) % 24);

is this amazing persistency limited to your sample missions or can it be integrated to other missions, e.g. Insurgency?

The persistency is in the NOMAD module, so you could try implementing just that. There is an outdated editors manual on DH that explains how.

eny eta on a new Version ?

Sorry dude, nothing concrete but sometime between now and the end of the month.

This will allow you to choose the hour at the start of the mission under the parameters block.

Awesome, can you log a DH Feature ticket (with code) so I don't forget to include it in 3.4.

Sure, can you link me to where that ticket is submitted?

---------- Post added at 02:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 AM ----------

i have added in our mso

Hhedgehog_concreteBig
Hhedgehog_concrete

What i need is: make the HMMWV_DES_EP1 to an Towingtraktor for airplanes:D

Edit: here is our ACE 2 custom mso

Ace2 MSO Taksitan

Hey Fogu, is there a readme or description on how Bons IEDs work? I noticed all of the new red blips on the map and physically found an IED there, but couldn't blow it in place w/ a satchel and it gave no options in the action menu.

@DPG-Wall nope no readme for the ieds.

Extract the pbo, there is an folder called bons_ieds/init.sqf

You get the red dots in the editor or on an dedicated server???

I posted a module-version of Time of Day parameters in page 10.

I noticed that you use a modified ALICE(2). We have noticed on our servers that after about a day the ai clumps together. They don't exactly run in formation but it seems like they are in the same group. They clumb together and no other civilians nearby (eg. in the same town). We have a MSO on Takistan and about 1-1.5 day later there was 40 civilians running in the northern airport. Not exactly in formation but they formed a long line.

Could this have something to do with the modified ALICE? Perhaps it is something else, like a lot of structures taking up civilian groups, so the ai's have to be many in one? Perhaps it is a problem with ALICE in general. Just wondering if it can be solved.

I posted a module-version of Time of Day parameters in page 10.

So you did! :)

Thats why I keep asking everyone to put everything on Dev Heaven, one place for me to look.

As for your AI problem, I haven't seen that happening myself, hopefully someone else here has. Are you using Vanilla MSO? Do you run server side Zeus AI or the like?

@DPG-Wall nope no readme for the ieds.

Extract the pbo, there is an folder called bons_ieds/init.sqf

You get the red dots in the editor or on an dedicated server???

Interesting, I couldn't get Bons IEDs to work when I tried implementing them. I am extremely crap at mission editing though.:(

Is there any way to include JTD Building Search script to get some urban scenarios? Maybe if Opfor is within a town, exectue the script on them? And for me it seems like the camps are undergaurded and never manned correctly, any ideas?

@Fogu, Found the false/true statement that changes the markers, and it was working on our dedicated. Also, found the section that needed to be uncommented for defusing, but haven't had a chance yet to test it since I edited it.

@Imperator Pete, I think the script only activates when its on a dedicated or MP server, I couldn't get them to show up in the editor preview either.

As for your AI problem, I haven't seen that happening myself, hopefully someone else here has. Are you using Vanilla MSO? Do you run server side Zeus AI or the like?

I have seen it sometimes too, but it happens not so often.

It looks like an demonstration or like refugees, all in one line:confused:

But i have seen it only 2 Times now

Ah Server runs with Ace 1.9 Stable

EDIT: in the mso bons ieds are triggering way to late(in my mission) for you guys to???

Edited by Fogu

Its coming mate. Currently testing v3.4 which has some new features such as:

- Terrorist Cells

- Shepherds and flocks

- Sandstorms, flocks of crows and fly swarms

- 3x more ambient civilian traffic with passengers

- New mission parameters like DisableFog and Lives per Day (Rommel)

- Custom ammo loadouts on crates and vehicles

Preliminary testing showed a few bugs in dedicated server that aren't in SP, so once they're fixed I think we're good to go.

Just an update from 6 March - most modules are ready for release, with the exception of Terrorist Cells working nicely with AI Caching.

I'm working on that now, so fingers crossed it's not far away.

Hi Wolffy.au look forward to this.

Will there be some ACE only versions of this :).

Thanks

I won't be making any, but Fogu has one on page 16 of this thread. I'd hope he'd do a conversion pretty quick! :)

Ah yes Fogu I have tested that missions with a few of me buddies all be it not running unattended we just played for a few hours.

It was sweet and seemed to run rather good to compared to some of the other ACE MSO missions out there that lag me dedicated server to hell but thats me servers fault its crap hehe.