Sign in to follow this  
Fireball

Insurgency

Just had to say that I played Insurgency for the first time on Saturday night.

Amazing - this makes ARMA2 the game is should be.

This can only get better.

Insurgency v0.74 released

Mission available at

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/insurgency/files

For improvements and fixes, please see the roadmap at:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/insurgency/roadmap

Please feel free to post your suggestions here or, better even, file a ticket on DevHeaven in the project issue tracker.

As you can see, it took me quite a while to get ahead, but with the major problems (in terms of code) fixed, I can move on to improve the overall mission and take upon feature requests.

Next major step will aim at portability towards other maps. I will try to single out code, which applies to specific maps, so that the mission is easily ported.

If anyone is a good banner designer:

The project needs a catchy banner for the project home and for anyone to put into their signature who love Insurgency!

Insurgency Project Home

Nice, downloading now, thanks! :)

Thanks for doing this!

Would love to see a functioning LAN version (for non dedicated servers) with BLUEFOR AI enabled so that 1 or 2 people can play this mission as a bluefor coop.

Sorry for the noob question but.....

This is mp file that should go into the MP folder??

Thanks

Really loving this too. Sure there will always be tweaks but it is shaping up nicely.

Now throw in James' IED script and Reezo's IED detectors and things will REALLY hot up :)

Hell you could EVEN use EvilEcho's FireDirector script for calling arty on poor us :)

Hell you could EVEN use EvilEcho's FireDirector script for calling arty on poor us :)

Arty is too much for Insurgency. I will NOT re-introduce artillery, because you cannot fight an insurgency with artillery.

Sorry for the noob question but.....

This is mp file that should go into the MP folder??

Thanks

Yes, it goes there. Or in the <profile>\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\MPMissionsCache, where it will be downloaded when you connect to my server.

Nice work Fireball.

Can I make a few suggestions?

-Blufor are a little weak, perhaps need some slightly heavier armour?

-blufor could perhaps have deployable spawns that can be destroyed etc.

- I dont think every insurgent should have IED, perhaps 50%?

Im really looking forward to new versions, good luck all!

Does this version happen to work with ACE (I should probably just try)? I cannot seem to find any version of insurgency (apart from Odens COIN mission) that the AI actually spawns on. It used to work and then it just suddenly broke.

Also is there any gameplay changes in this latest version or is it just fixes?

Does this version happen to work with ACE (I should probably just try)? I cannot seem to find any version of insurgency (apart from Odens COIN mission) that the AI actually spawns on. It used to work and then it just suddenly broke.

G'day mate. Good question. Hopefully Fireball can weigh in.

Also more info on some other working ACE Insurgency missions here. I'm still hoping for Takistan and/or Zargabad.

My friends and I really enjoy insurgency though we would like a mission with an light armored vehicle to assist the infantry.

I was wondering if you could make an alternative mission file or a parameter to allow people to replace a few vehicles with a bradley or a striker mgs.

I dont think this is too out of the feel of the mission considering the insurgents have RPG's out the wazoo.

Hell I'd even accept them getting PG7VR's to make them more lethal if you want to consider that a balance.

Also a parameter to allow unrestriction of weapons would be nice too if possible, if not just the ability to access the rest of the US / BAF weapons would be nice.

If you can make it with combined ops weapons load-out then that'd be even better.

I hope you dont take this as us trying to easy mode the mission , we do appreciate how difficult it is.

Though sometimes its just overwhelming being attacked by technicals , btr60's and heavy armor constantly and not having anything but a Javelin that cant lock on if the vehicle gets too close.

The M136 and NLAW goes poof after you shoot it and you have no tube to reload so that doest help either.

Side note : Mando mod pls?

Edited by TeChN9nE

That's why I revised the code and cleaned it up, so stuff like AI won't break at random anymore.

As for the aforementioned clean-ups there are basic bugfixes as seen on the Roadmap (plus some more, which I fixed before 0.74), but focus was definitely on code clean-up before breaking more than fixing with additional features.

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

My friends and I really enjoy insurgency though we would like a mission with an light armored vehicle to assist the infantry.

(...)

I was wondering if you could make an alternative mission file or a parameter to allow people to replace a few vehicles with a bradley or a striker mgs.

I'm pondering to broaden the spectrum and maybe, instead of two of each jeeps, just to offer 4 different vehicles including one Bradley. But I might add PG7VR's then, as you mentioned.

Though sometimes its just overwhelming being attacked by technicals , btr60's and heavy armor constantly and not having anything but a Javelin that cant lock on if the vehicle gets too close.

That's the point where you hide in houses or stuff and call in Close Air Support (CAS), an A-10, which will take care of those armored vehicles. I have even increased flying time (45s) from the first fired round/missile/bomb.

Side note : Mando mod pls?

Isn't this an overkill for the few missile usages Insurgency offers? What are main advantages of mando missile?

Mind you, the mission is now ~200kb in size; mando missiles will probably increase size massively and I'm wondering if it's worth it.

Hi Fireball...was just curious to know if you have any plans to make an LAN coop version of this as well?

I mean with Blufor AI enabled of course (with default injury & respawn system).

pretty please?, lol!

Edited by BigShot

I'm pondering to broaden the spectrum and maybe, instead of two of each jeeps, just to offer 4 different vehicles including one Bradley. But I might add PG7VR's then, as you mentioned.

I have played a couple of games of a slightly modified insurgency mission with a bradley and tbh while it was fun it way too easy. We just drove around shooting anything that moved and then searched buildings when it was safe.

Is there anything that is below a bradley but above the HMMWV in terms of armour?

I have played a couple of games of a slightly modified insurgency mission with a bradley and tbh while it was fun it way too easy.

in my dedi server i set GL4 and zeus

bots call reinforce heavy tech - tanks and btr etc.

and its start very hard to play.

I have played a couple of games of a slightly modified insurgency mission with a bradley and tbh while it was fun it way too easy. We just drove around shooting anything that moved and then searched buildings when it was safe.

Is there anything that is below a bradley but above the HMMWV in terms of armour?

Well if you use the Bradley not in the spirit of the mission then yes I could understand how you could just blow through everything , but if you use the vehicle as a support vehicle and limit its engagement to specific tasks and make the infantry do most of the work then it wouldn't break the mission. Every video I see of mechanized infantry in the middle east the vehicles don't engage things unless the infantry need them to, though I could stand corrected. For a balance you could make the re-spawn of the Bradley or MGS very long if you let it get destroyed by RPG fire (I'm thinking like 15 mins).

Insurgency v0.75 released

All maps released:

- Takistan (+BAF)

- Zargabad (+BAF)

- Lingor

- Mana Island

Mission available at

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/insurgency/files

For improvements and fixes, please see the roadmap at:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/insurgency/roadmap

Please feel free to post your suggestions here or, better even, file a ticket on DevHeaven in the project issue tracker.

If anyone is a good banner designer:

The project needs a catchy banner for the project home and for anyone to put into their signature who love Insurgency!

Edited by Fireball

Thanks; some News addendum:

It was a hard release, since I decided to make all maps previously known to me working with Insurgency "somewhat", to work good and there were some quite tricky fixes to be done, including the MHQ re-deployment to work fine on Lingor, which it does now, to my delight.

The only exception is Mana, which works just "fine", because the island was extended below the water up to 200m at some points and thus the BI function "isFlatEmpty" does not work as expected and plants the HQ on the shore, partially into the water sometimes. Thus if you're spawned in a miserable place you need to restart the mission for now, unless you manage to move the HQ.

I'll start on putting in more of your wished features now, I promise. But as it seems I need to convert my Git branching strategy into a submodule strategy first, which will eat up some more time before I can continue to do anything, which is part of my learning process with Git too (powerful tool!).

Thanks a ton for the hard work and dedication!

Our squad is anxiously awaiting the Fallujah version. I tried using the coordinates from sowens's version found here, but failed miserably. The grid squares pop up, but the ammo caches do not spawn and the MHQ, while deployable, doesn't teleport the rest of the vehicles next to it.

Will the Fallujah version be out next release? If not, is there a way to import it into the mission?

Thanks again!

can you change the Insurgent-attendance-marker system?

i like to search cooperativ civillians they give you some information about i have seen some Taliban here. but make them send sometimes failse information thats send too to the insurgents, that they can build there traps..

on that mission i really miss the search contact with civis

thats my crazy idea i hope you enjoy this

maybe we can use some armed civillians to :-)