Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company 1.01 released

ARMA2.com news:

http://www.arma2.com/latest-news/arma-2-operation-arrowhead-update-15.html

Download:

http://www.arma2.com/index.php?option=com_rokdownloads&view=file&Itemid=20&id=446%3Aarma-2-private-military-company-update-1-00-to-1〈=

BIKI:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_2:PMC_Patch_v1.01

* must be made first

PR news on forum:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=112025

Changelog:

VERSION 1.01 HIGHLIGHTS

-----------------------

* 4 new bonus scenarios for owners of the full version of Arma 2: Private Military Company

PMC Data

--------

* Changed: GPS added for all SUVs.

* Fixed: Shadow artifact on bridge on Proving Grounds map.

* Changed: XM8 optics reworked.

* Fixed: XM8 Front grip

* New: Ammo crate with PMC weapons.

PMC Missions

------------

* Added: Campaign teaser including CP00 and trailer.

* Fixed: CP10A - The Boss was not leaving the villa when in danger.

* Fixed: CP10A - Player was not able to finish the Boss from distance.

* Fixed: CP08B - Group callsign was "Sword", not "Spear".

* Fixed: CP08A - Player was not able to access helicopter gear menu.

* Fixed: CP07 - Client UAV reenabled again.

* Fixed: CP05 - Mission did end before conversation was finished.

* Fixed: CP02 - Dixon fired only once, causing mission not to continue.

* Fixed: CP00 - Mortar explosions now occur further away from player.

* Fixed: Backpack content is now saved between CP05 and CP06.

discuss :):yay:

kkJz5DzuJ0Y

previous thread for PMC build 1.00:

Edited by Dwarden

Thanks for a great Christmas gift! I look forward to checking out all the new stuff, as soon as the patch gets out on Steam. Which I assume is going to take quite a while, as always...

Just played "Provision" and had a good chuckle over the way one of the characters said "keep your eyes open". Sounded more like "keep your ass open". :D

So this is what Steam was so conspicuously downloading when I went to play today...

Nice!! Good fixes on the list! :yay:

Thanks BIS! :)

Cheers

Something bout the PMC showcase mission bugged me... the radar tower got "integrated" into a building... the rest is superb. Thanks BIS

Thanks for the new missions BIS, Have a Merry Christmas :D

I didn't know this site existed. It's great, especially this part of an older article:

Recently, ARMEX tradeshows have become the focus of anti-war protesters. Several hundred members of the Organisation of Protesters Demanding Reform (OfPDR) stormed the Czech trade show in 2009, looting a significant amount of valuable equipment, but unable to bring the ARMEX event to a close.

ZING!

i bought the dlc despite all the poor reviews, and i must say i'm satisfied. I love the content that is there, i just feel there isn't enough. anything to support BIS anyway.

i bought the dlc despite all the poor reviews' date=' and i must say i'm satisfied. I love the content that is there, i just feel there isn't enough. anything to support BIS anyway.[/quote']

I found PMC to be good, actually. The only thing that sours the package a bit are the obviously kitbashed Units, of which only two seem to be completely original models, and a handful are even just shameless reskins of the US grenadier model with a few cosmetic changes.

The Campaign is nicely made, though, and the upgraded M8s and Missions coming with 1.01 are the cherry on the pie

I was pleased to get the present of these missions. Thank you!!

not sure were to put this, so i do it here :)

JA4hOBqkGMk

There's a "minor" problem with the bridges on proving ground.......

Try driving the stryker mc over them ;)

Edited by Zipper5
Fixed embedding

Was about to post the same thing (I assume since can't see your video or what ever that is you posted)..

Try driving over the bridges with an ATV and "hilarity" ensues... :rolleyes:

Finally got this for the sake of owning it and support.

I was expecting to be underwhelmed and I was, in comparison to BAF with content. I like the features and tricks in the campaign (titling/effects/in video etc) although I still felt like the campaign was action based (fair enough) and that's not really my "cup of tea" :) Helis are great BTW and sounds are good too.

All in all I got this to have it and I had the spare cash, but not something I went out of my way for like BAF.

One redeeming feature is proving grounds, wow ... that map atmos and visually is VERY immersive, Australian outback almost, one of the nicest new maps ive seen. Unfortunately I would have much rather had a larger version of this map to justify it more as its very small (but playable). Shame its such a nice map and so small, I can understand with BAF small map for its content, but this is so nice, it seems a shame to waste it on something so small.

Wondering if BIS will expand that map into a takistan sized version? Now that would be a GREAT map to own. If BIS are relying on user made mappers to use its assets to make that map then I expect a long wait for someone to tie themselves to making a map needing this DLC.

Having said that, if I had mapping skills I would make Proving Grounds 2 in a shot :)

Overall 5/10 for me, only becuase PMC isn't such an interest (topic wise) for me to play, dont really like action campaigns and frills. The only thing I will take from this i my box of Arma2 lego is the helis, units (maybe) .. but the map is a keeper (but make it bigger!).

EDIT: I forgot to add the other day when posting this that I patched t 1.01 and video etc plays fine, and again, nice feature.

Edited by mrcash2009

Recently been playing Benny's warfare and come up across the PMC for the first time in a mission, i only just quickly looked at them with the patch when they came out.

The armoured SUV with the minigun caught my attention, this thing is nuts and seemed way overpowered!? but upon further investigation found that there are indeed

I just duck for cover when i hear that thing coming and hope one of my AI buddies gets close enough with an RPG or 3!

Hi all,

I already have all the expansions,except this.

It's worth buying it?

(I think however will buy it just to give my humble contribution to the company to grow more and more...)

its a bit different to eg BAF

but definitely worth a try (buy)

very nice map etc...

Hi all,

I already have all the expansions,except this.

It's worth buying it?

(I think however will buy it just to give my humble contribution to the company to grow more and more...)

It blows BAF away. If you like BIS games, you've GOT to have PMC. BAF is great, but the campaign has only 3.5 levels, and is thus so short that it's almost a joke (9 scenarios are top-notch though, also a must-have). PMC has great story and characters, awesome new vehicles and weapons (FIRST CLASS!!!), fantastic gameplay, new map, 11-level campaign, and three difficult scenarios to boot. BAF is a major letdown compared to PMC.

Perhaps BIS is planning massive expansions to BAF? Like a new, long campaign? I sure hope so, and I would buy it immediately. Without expansions, designing BAF is a huge wasted effort for BIS.