do smoke grenades move in the correc t wind direction in 1.2? Someone please tell me before i update.

with ACE they seem to be off of the correct direction, it is a pain cause you can't predict which way it will blow, and they only blow to one side so pretty useless if it doesn't cover you, but it still does look a lot better than vanilla smoke grenades.

yes, but if it can't be fixed can you please release with optional smoke grenades? Then we can still have awesome WarFX but use smoke nades effectivly too :D

Quick question..

I put up a wall of smoke, yet i still got shot.

The smoke in the latest version is allot bigger than previously, question is, i cant see the AI through all this extra smoke, but can the AI see me? Does the smoke work both ways? Pointless in using it if all it does is provide eye candy.. :confused:

Quick question..

The smoke in the latest version is allot bigger than previously, question is, i cant see the AI through all this extra smoke, but can the AI see me? Does the smoke work both ways? Pointless in using it if all it does is provide eye candy.. :confused:

You want JTD Fire and/or Smoke if you'd like the AI to actually struggle seeing through smoke. :)

Smoke grenades do move with the wind, the actual wind factor value in the config is so high it eventually overides the Velocity value. And no the effect wont be made optional.

do you have the load order like this: @CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@Blastcore... ?

so that first you have all the ace mods loading and then the Blastcore ones

I've tried having @BlastCore at the front and back but I still seem to be missing the big old explosions when things are destroyed e.g. at 0:24 and 1:32 of this little video (used without ACE and the previous version) I made a couple of weeks ago to show the wonderful mod to a friend:

Here is what I have in my target line:

-mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNAVY;@JSRS-E;@JSRS-V;@JSRS-VW;@JSRS-W;@BlastCore

Thanks again,

Lewis.

Quick question..

Try some careful tests. There is a preexisting glitch that allows vehicles to see through smoke in some specific situations.

OS have you had any RPT errors that would be serious enough to effect MP and cause lag or crashes?

Hi, OS. Is this normal? Fired from static TOW. Look at missile's exhaust.

arma2oa2011060421254359.th.jpg

ohh talking about shockwaves, i just discovered that the water impacts come very close to a

do you think you can experimentate with these particles and simulate a shockwave?

Is it possible to add lingering dust and smoke to the existing version?, the quick disapearence of dust and smoke

really is making the game look arcadish and is killing the immersion.

Is it possible to add lingering dust and smoke to the existing version?, the quick disapearence of dust and smoke

really is making the game look arcadish and is killing the immersion.

Il tell you what kills immersion its when all the smoke and particles on your screen suddenly disappear, vanish, poof, gone and your left with NO SMOKE or DUST at all. :j:

Edited by Opticalsnare

Ya that would do it too, but ingame only issue or bug maybe I have seen was when flying ina plane, and you drop a GBU 12

and the explosion is not seen but a crater, I get that once in a while, but with the previous version of blascore I always seen it.

No offense but I think your previous version was the best version it had everything except the latest fixes you made those being the

motar, artillary, and FFarr impacts, and other dust and such.

Is it possible for you to add those fixes from the current version and then release the previous version with those fixes.

I like the new version with its performance which is great, but the game seriously rules when the dust and smoke lingers around.

You had a light and heavy version earlier this year, is it possible to make something like that this time around?

ohh talking about shockwaves, i just discovered that the water impacts come very close to a

do you think you can experimentate with these particles and simulate a shockwave?

The Chain of Command Unified Artillery (CoC UA) had the best interpretation of shockwaves generated by ordnance in a game ever seen (very subtle, very quick) - and that was for OFP. Maybe OS can sneak a peak into their old but awesome code and get some ideas from it?

Sadly though you can only see it well from a distance, and he didn´t shoot the big HE´s enough, so the video above just depicts stuff go boom in scoped view ... also obviously no particle limit there, loads of dust eating up all of mrjfin´s fps :D

No offense but I think your previous version was the best version it had everything except the latest fixes you made those being the

motar, artillary, and FFarr impacts, and other dust and such.

Is it possible for you to add those fixes from the current version and then release the previous version with those fixes.

I like the new version with its performance which is great, but the game seriously rules when the dust and smoke lingers around.

You had a light and heavy version earlier this year, is it possible to make something like that this time around?

I agree with Gunter on this - the previous version but with the new effects added (arty etc) would be perfect in my opinion. I never had any issue with smoke or particles disappearing in the previous release so for me the new version has been toned down a little too much for the sake of performance.

Please don't take this as negative OS - I really like your work but because I like it so much I am aware that with just a small change as suggested above it would reach perfection. :)

I agree with Gunter on this - the previous version but with the new effects added (arty etc) would be perfect in my opinion. I never had any issue with smoke or particles disappearing in the previous release so for me the new version has been toned down a little too much for the sake of performance.

Please don't take this as negative OS - I really like your work but because I like it so much I am aware that with just a small change as suggested above it would reach perfection. :)

IMHO, the actual setting is really neat. I had many glitches with m134 as it exhaust many dust from the ground real quick (smoke disappeared brutally) not to mention others engine limitations obviously displayed.

I'm really happy with the mod's improvements. Just my opinion.

A couple nights ago during an MP mission I was watching a few T-72'a & a Shilka advance at long range thru a laser designator. Finally our air assets arrived and blew the hell out of them. I was using Blastcore R1.2

Coincidentally, a squadmate beside me was watching the same scene thru a laser designator and was using Blastcore_beta. He recorded it via Fraps and posted it on our website.

What I saw and what he saw were two completely different things. In his video you can clearly see the Shilka firing on the A-10's (muzzleflashes, smoke & dust galore). For me the Shilka looked like it was just sitting there. It didn't look to me like it was firing at all.

OTOH, when the JDAM hit the explosion I saw was epic whereas his was good, but nothing like what I saw. Not subpar by any means, just not as grand.

So I dunno. Looks like in some cases the latest may not necessarily be the greatest. While I think they all add spectacular F/X seems like there are pluses & minuses to every iteration of WarFx/Blastcore. I guess the upside is if you're like me and keep each version you can occasionally switch between them for variety.

A couple nights ago during an MP mission I was watching a few T-72'a & a Shilka advance at long range thru a laser designator. Finally our air assets arrived and blew the hell out of them. I was using Blastcore R1.2

Coincidentally, a squadmate beside me was watching the same scene thru a laser designator and was using Blastcore_beta. He recorded it via Fraps and posted it on our website.

What I saw and what he saw were two completely different things. In his video you can clearly see the Shilka firing on the A-10's (muzzleflashes, smoke & dust galore). For me the Shilka looked like it was just sitting there. It didn't look to me like it was firing at all.

OTOH, when the JDAM hit the explosion I saw was epic whereas his was good, but nothing like what I saw. Not subpar by any means, just not as grand.

So I dunno. Looks like in some cases the latest may not necessarily be the greatest. While I think they all add spectacular F/X seems like there are pluses & minuses to every iteration of WarFx/Blastcore. I guess the upside is if you're like me and keep each version you can occasionally switch between them for variety.

Sound mods teach us one thing :

Even with awesomeness and lot of work, you can't please everyone...

The real thing that seperate Arma 2 from others FPS is that the room for improvement seems limitless with that game while you don't even wonder if that COD explosion is right or not.

Could be a few factors like FPS on the differnt machines, if someone has lower frames then the particle emitters dont run properly, if someone else has solid 60fps then they work as intended. The next step is to try and optimize the scripts as some of them are causing lag spikes like if you got a shilka firing its running a script for the weapon effects off the visual and also running a script from the soundmod for the distance sounds. Times that by infantry troops and loads of other shit going on it can cause some problems in the way the actual visuals are being run in general. Might have to mod the orginal settings for smoke emmits. As 50 or so scripts running at the same time anit good.