howdy opticalsnare,

looooooong time no see. read about your loss of data...thx god you sorted that out dude *puuh*!! third paypal donation on its way to you next month, sir. tested your blastcore audio effects beta and must say, although its not yet ready...it already kicks ass like hell. cant wait for the final release of that m8( and with da bass ya forgot in it last time hehee). the distance sounds are soooooooooooo amazing dude....i love them (kiss on the cheek..oops that sounds gay heheee)

:yay:

so i totally disagree with u anders :eek:

..... I'm abit disturbed by the beta's distantsounds and want to see if there's been a change in the final.

I dont like how it is in the audio-beta when a guy shoots from 100 meters and it sounds likes he's 1km away. Get my point now?...

anders, your soundmod is also great (just like HIFI, JSRS, CSM, ACE SM, VOP, RH, Sgt.Elias, SoW and of yourse Group Links FX with the best vehicle radio chatter sounds i heard so far besides those of Sgt.Elias!! wish somebody would ask him for permission to add them into other soundmods...

) i also tried your sm out andres. i liked stuff there and of course also disliked stuff @ your sm. just like with all the sm out there, every sm has its pros and cons and people have differnet tasts, and thats a good thing, otherwise this whole world would be damn boring and suck hehee!!! plz, 4 christ sake, just let opticalsnare continue HIS brillant work with HIS blastcore audio effects (with those distance sounds) besides HIS blastcore visual effects and let HIM create HIS soundmod through HIS imagination and (with of course no offend dude), show us YOUR imagination of YOUR distance sounds in YOUR soundmod!! thx 4 reading pal and soz 4 the captital letters!

back to topic:

as usual dear opticalsnare

thank-you.jpg

for this new release, keep up the good work soldier and like everybody else,

i'm longing to see and of course hear the
of blastcore visuals and audio.

in rock, dedi serves, mod and bis we trust

nice weekend @ll

over and out

Salutieren_117059.jpg

Edited by Chaostika7-17th

dude lol that picture is so homme :p looks like the guy who played Sadam in Hotshots :D

Edited by Bigpickle

Post #1069 I cant get the keys to work on my dedi box! Tried all day but no joy!

Same here, in the fix were only Bisign´s & Bikey no pbo´s so it wont work.

I like the soundmod and would like to test it on server therefore it would be nice to get working addons with keys in next upload.

This is a hot mod and could be my default.

I didnt even notice that the "far-away" sounds are playing at 100 m soldiers, lol

Tbh they are the best "far-away" sounds i heard yet :P

Cause those are the only ones out there ya know in an audiomod for arma2. :) Stand at a shooting exercise and you'll get my point...

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

and (with of course no offend dude), show us YOUR imagination of YOUR distance sounds in YOUR soundmod!! ]

I certainly will Chaos.. ;)

Here's what I have in mind...

Here's an example of what it could sound with 4 distance types:

• M249 distance shots @ 1st person, 50m, 100m, 500-2000m (experimental ofcourse).

Listen!

• AA12 as the same above.

Listen!

Veeeery hard work. And I wanted to see if OS would make this possible in the final.

Hope you get my point now. I've listened myself at various distances on a shooting field and I could swear those distancesounds OS have as 1 distancesound doenst sound like that from 50-2000 meters.

So ofcourse, I'll try to do it myself some time in the future. But as I said, it'll demand some very hard work and it'll take some serious time aswell. :) But great when released!

WOOW ANDERS thats great shit:eek: love them ...whats that from your work or what??

• M249 distance shots @ 1st person, 50m, 100m, 500-2000m (experimental ofcourse).

Listen!

Listen!

Veeeery hard work. And I wanted to see if OS would make this possible in the final.

Hope you get my point now. I've listened myself at various distances on a shooting field and I could swear those distancesounds OS have as 1 distancesound doenst sound like that from 50-2000 meters.

So ofcourse, I'll try to do it myself some time in the future. But as I said, it'll demand some very hard work and it'll take some serious time aswell. :) But great when released!

COOL!:eek:

Because of the rather shoddy looking flames imo, you should probably run this with JTD FireandSmoke. It seems to clear up some really bad looking flames on my part. This wasn't intended to advertise.

Edit: It appears OS fixed muzzleflashes :yay::yay::yay::yay:

Edited by VineFynn

Cause those are the only ones out there ya know in an audiomod for arma2. :) Stand at a shooting exercise and you'll get my point...

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

Listen!

Listen!

wow that would be awesome. Btw. if possible, I'm not familiar with Arma 2 modding and such, but I do some scripting for a mod on another game engine. Maybe the Arma2 config files wont be that much different. Could one of you send just a test file to me, via pm ? Just wanna see how they look.

But yea, if one of you guys could get such sound ingame, it would be kick ass

wow that would be awesome. Btw. if possible, I'm not familiar with Arma 2 modding and such, but I do some scripting for a mod on another game engine. Maybe the Arma2 config files wont be that much different. Could one of you send just a test file to me, via pm ? Just wanna see how they look.

But yea, if one of you guys could get such sound ingame, it would be kick ass

Wait for the final, then we can start discuss the future. :)

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

WOOW ANDERS thats great shit:eek: love them ...whats that from your work or what??

Yeah, my own recordings mixed with other sounds...

Edited by -=anders=-

I know this does not belong here, but need to ask it anyway heh. What tools are you guys using to record those sounds and get rid of any other noises and such ? I used audiocity. But dont get rid of most noises and such... .

I think i gonna try some sound modding too heh, looks like a lot of fun :)

I know this does not belong here, but need to ask it anyway heh. What tools are you guys using to record those sounds and get rid of any other noises and such ? I used audiocity. But dont get rid of most noises and such... .

I think i gonna try some sound modding too heh, looks like a lot of fun :)

The config parts are very boring. Recording sounds are lot of fun and making them in programs. I use Adobe Audition 3.

For recording device, I've only tried my Zoom H4N. It's really great for everything. Although recording high or very low frequenzies can fuck up the sound easily.

You'll have to rig up atleast 3 mics with different settings to actually get a great gunshot from close up.

very true, alot of people will set-up too close and the pressure wave screws up the recording with distortion as well

Listen!

Listen!

I have tried this before, setting it up so theres differnt sounds for differnt distances so it does indeed work but theres a major drawback with the way the scripting method in the mod has been setup, for every sound you add for the differnt distance it uses up the sound channels available so one weapon can have 4 sounds playing all the same time, doesnt matter with distance but when you got a couple of dozen of soldiers blasting away it can quickly use up the channels x4 or x2 (so 64 sounds x2 = 128 channels = busted), and simply cutoff the sounds playing, so therefor only 2 sounds play and one has max range of about 300m so it eases off the chances of a sound being cutoff because of lack of channels. If i could find a way of having the sounds with min range and max range then it would work perfectly via scripts.

-

The soundmod overall is changed since the beta the sounds were mostly unfinished bases so i woundnt worry about the reviewing the actual sound of weapons till proper full release.

Edited by Opticalsnare

i woundnt worry about the reviewing the actual sound of weapons till proper full release.

so will the next release still be beta?

nice

btw

is there somewhere a tutorial on how to create a weapon sound for arma 2 ?

I have the Sound Tool and the pbo packer, but i couldnt find anything on where they have the scripts and so on. Would be cool if someone could point me in the right direction :).

Anyway, cant wait for your sound mod OS :D

I have tried this before, setting it up so theres differnt sounds for differnt distances so it does indeed work but theres a major drawback with the way the scripting method in the mod has been setup, for every sound you add for the differnt distance it uses up the sound channels available so one weapon can have 4 sounds playing all the same time, doesnt matter with distance but when you got a couple of dozen of soldiers blasting away it can quickly use up the channels x4 or x2 (so 64 sounds x2 = 128 channels = busted), and simply cutoff the sounds playing, so therefor only 2 sounds play and one has max range of about 300m so it eases off the chances of a sound being cutoff because of lack of channels. If i could find a way of having the sounds with min range and max range then it would work perfectly via scripts.

-

The soundmod overall is changed since the beta the sounds were mostly unfinished bases so i woundnt worry about the reviewing the actual sound of weapons till proper full release.

Well, too bad there's no workaround with sounds playing at the same time.

You did your best OS. Damn this Arma2 soundsystem! :mad:

Yeah thought so too. Also wanted to test the final cause I knew you would've change alot of the beta sounds.

GJ OS... Hope to play with this soon. :)

Instead of them all playing at once, can certain sounds be given higher priority?

Hi Opticalsnare,

thanks for your effort in creating this mod, which everybody is using.

I enjoyed to play this game much more and thats the reason why i donated some bucks for your expenses.

Keep it updated,

HuxFlux

Apologises if this has been asked before but is it possible to use the latest version with ACE? I adore this mod's explosions but ACE seems to overrule them.

Apologises if this has been asked before but is it possible to use the latest version with ACE? I adore this mod's explosions but ACE seems to overrule them.

It works with ACE for me, just don't activate ACEX_SM.

Thanks for replying, yeah, I've disabled ACEX_SM and I seem to have some of Blastcore's features, although the destruction explosions are still standard for me. No large rising smoke or those huge explosions that occur when a plane crashes.

Guess I'll keep tinkering about in my folders until I come across a solution.

Lewis

+1 for that.

IED's would really deserve an improvement.

Currently the explosion looks more like a simple smoke effect

I think for the big one, an explosion at the scale of this

would be good

maybe you can use this one to continue and enhance your concept of the new artillery and mortar impacts, which contain a very nice dirt effect. This style of explosions really gives you the idea of something smashing into the ground and exploding, which looks much more realistic. You once said to me that those particles are not eating too much performance up, so maybe you can try to make the perfect illusion.

I think you have the abilities to achieve an awesome result with this idea, which could look like this

111209_ied_explosion_800.JPG

Edited by PurePassion