Sign in to follow this  
Stagler

Chechen Rebels

Perfect units. Some more insurgents that we take down in the Ghan. Will work a treat on Taki, cheers :)

Nice work mate. These look great. Old BI rebels suck. Out of colour for woodland fighting. Chechen is perfect for russian combat.

Allthough it's a reskin, these units should have more worn-out and dirtier clothes.

What Spooky said.

I find the clothes a bit too clean. Like they look in the store. And I think it's a bit too dark. It looks great during the night and during darker mission, but in daylight it looks a bit.... black.

Besides that it is a great addon:D

Fantastic addon! Nice to see some serious insurgents to pit the Russian forces against!

I would second others in saying that maybe the woodland camo on the uniforms uniforms could be a tad lighter (more faded) cause they seem very dark... and perhaps a little dirtier. But this is merely nit-picking, as its just great to get some chechen style insurgents to play with in arma2. :D

Edited by r3volution

Tried it out and expected something else, something that the promo screens promised and for a moment i was thinking i downloaded a older version of the addon. :(

Why the change from the woodland? It was more than common on the chechens and most important looked very good on the screens ( i assume the BIS textures were used? ).

Currently i think the units definatly look far too dark, need more details like fabric effects, more stitches on their BDUs and most important a bit of dirt and mud on them.

If Stagler isn't interested/doesn't want to, I'll be happy to.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but is it possible to do 2 versions? id like to use these as Opfor....

Sorry if this is a stupid question but is it possible to do 2 versions? id like to use these as Opfor....

It's possible but I'm a bit strapped for time as it is, so, for now I'll stick with the Independent version. Maybe in a couple of weeks when I have more time, though ;)

Extract the PBO, open the CfgVehicles file and set the side to Opfor. Look on the BIKI (community.bistudio.com) for more help.

As others have said. Make the woodland alot lighter and the units overall dirtier and there we go. :D

It's possible but I'm a bit strapped for time as it is, so, for now I'll stick with the Independent version. Maybe in a couple of weeks when I have more time, though ;)

Cool bro :)

Extract the PBO, open the CfgVehicles file and set the side to Opfor. Look on the BIKI (community.bistudio.com) for more help.

Yeah tried that but he uses side = TEast; so wasnt quite sure what was going on there and just ask the experts

New version soon. With lighter clothes. I duno why I changed them in the first place really but they are too dark arent they.

^^^^^^

SECOND!

They're just about perfect now, ok, off to restage some epic Chechen vs Russia battles with new ACE AND new Chechens! :yay:

In the first Chechen campaign many chechen insurgents look like this:

0000302654-007.jpg

1995, Grozny