Sign in to follow this  
Stagler

Chechen Rebels

Im just pray, that somebody will do Multiplayer mission Specnatz Vs Chechens...in a Grozny town,..

We need a Caucasus map badly. And maybe another Balkans map besides Panthera.

If it was possible to reskin some of the Arma2 civilian models they could do a fair impersonation of the Chechens in the photograph...

That'd be smart for an update. Keep these "regular" Chechens and add some with more civilian gear too. Sort of like different tiers.

If it was possible to reskin some of the Arma2 civilian models they could do a fair impersonation of the Chechens in the photograph...

I agree with this =). May I suggest using the head from ru_rocker1 to give some of these guys long hair which seems as common as beards with Chechen rebels.

The Chechen commander may also look good with a black beret.

Not so sure about the green balaclava - perhaps black would look more authentic.

I notice looking at photos of Chechen rebels that the blue camo used by the OMON seems popular as well, as does inter mixing black fatigue jackets and pants.( some seem to go for all black fatigues)

Please don't take these suggestions as criticisim as you have done a fantastic job please keep up the good work. :)

Don't wanna put too much work on you, but all the things suggested by others are perfect. Giving them some civilian attire and mixed camos would give the units some nice variation.

We need a Caucasus map badly. And maybe another Balkans map besides Panthera.

Heh, I actually know of someone who has a South Ossetia map somewhere in the works... and I imagine that this would fit the bill nicely, when it is complete. ;)

Heh, I actually know of someone who has a South Ossetia map somewhere in the works... and I imagine that this would fit the bill nicely, when it is complete. ;)

No way. Got a link?

It's not complete, only at alpha stage. He's currently working on another island too, but I intend to pressure the living daylights out of him when he finishes that.

I'm looking at you, P******! :plain:

I download that Addon and the Pictures shows total different Textures. These camo textures that you see the Screens are from ARMA9W and are include in this "Insurgents Units" addon.

ARMA9W Textures aren't good anyway, but the textures in this mod aren't so good too. There is no dirt, no cloth effect or something like that.

And its a little bit sadly to see when People with good Ideals and the abilitys to create Addons, failure with things like textures.

i guess you sould rework the camo textures. I hope to see more Addons like that, because i like the idea.

And for the case that you need some Camo Pattern.

Woodland

KLMK

I need some help i can't find any of the units there are only 2 BTR 40's and a T-55.Anyone?

Whats up Genovesse, whats the error? Do you get any error messages?

The units themselves are under Independant, they are not Opfor or Blufor.

@Dosenmais, no mate they are my units not ARMA9Ws. If you have actually downloaded them and seen them it would just happen that they have the same camouflage as them, and another thing. The units in the screen shots are from a prerealease of v1.0 of this addon used exclusively by TF86 before i decided on public release, the units that are available now are v1.1 and obviously look different, black beanie hats and such. The camouflage sample of the KLMK is exactly the same as the one used also, with the exception that mine is larger. The people that this was primarily made for, TF86, and I think they look alright so im not going to change them until I get time.

Edited by colonel stagler

i find them on the independent side,but there are no units in the Chechen Rebels section except for the BTR's and the t-55(this is on OA)

Ah yea it says that on the first page. Sorry Genovise.

you could just use the woodsmen/hunter models that are part of the chedaki faction. i think they represent the militia variety, civilian type troops fairly well.

Hey mate nice addon :) i just have one problem.... None of units have beards like in the screenshots? am i missing something?

Hoofin, you running Operation Arrowhead, This addon requires OA, that might be the problem.

Strange that mate. They should have the Takistani beard faces but with white skin.

Great addon man real nice units.I used them in a mission,thanks.

Stagler, thanks for making this great mod public, but when i try to run this mod in our server, i get this message (Files "@chechen\addons\sg_chechenrebels.pbo" are not signed by a key accepted by this server)

i'm sure the key and sign are properly placed. the mods our server currently running is

ACE1.9 stable

RH-Mk18

RH-HK416

TF86 SEALs V1.2

stmovement

Truemod

JSRS sound mod

WARFX

with combined operation

i read through all pages of this post and it doesn't seem anyone else encounter the same problem as i did... do you think it might be a mod conflict issue? i actually have this kind of problem with some other mods aswell, such as "ad_helos"(heli fastrope mod) "Maxpro"(vehicle MRAP mod) it's really odd... and it's been a pain in the ass for a long time. i'm hoping that you have an answer for this

thanks in advance

would be great if we can replace Tk soldiers with these, Big thx for this great addon.