Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company (ARMA 2: PMC) DLC

Isn't this just queen's gambit in OA?

If you have to ask, then "yes, sure, why not"... :j:

Yup. TBH the addition of extra air support and armour would have made the UK severely overpowered in Takistan but to add the whole UK faction for CO users would have been very nice. Maybe BIS were just waiting to see what got cut by the government before they released it ;)

I would love official UK special forces, maybe as part of a DLC adding fastroping to the vanilla engine as well with CQB improvements, breaching, gas etc etc. Maybe it could be a world special forces pack with a few other things in... I'd pay £16 for that.

On the subject of the "missing" Challenger 2 tank, it would be ideal for Chernarus but on Takistan it's like handing the Brits an "I WIN" button. That's pretty much what it's like in rl but it would get pretty boring in game after a while.

It's actually really funny you say that because I made a post in the DLC thread about a special forces pack and got shot down for it. I would love to see their role expanded upon a little more, maybe give us Navy SEALs, Air Force Combat Controllers and PJ's, OA standard Force Recon, British SAS and SBS, and if (hopefully) there's a new OPFOR they could have a highly capable modernized SF unit…at least a Delta Force equivalent, nothing like what Takistan's SF was. Claymores, IR patches on soldiers, chem lights, ground flares, gas masks, tear gas..stuff like that could be introduced for some new gear. I was even thinking, since there's already a SCUD in game, if it was made to actually be able to shoot at a target and then produce radiation like some user made addons MOPP suits could be introduced. That would make for some really sweet missions. Adding SF would be the perfect way in my eyes to introduce a new OPFOR to the game. Each of the SF units could run missions against the new OPFOR/their country and be responsible for guiding troops in, destroying key targets, etc. It would be able to set the story for further DLC's/expansion packs as they could detail units invading this new country.

As for the Challenger or any other British forces for that matter, it defiantly would be overkill for the Takistanis, but again, if a new actually capable OPFOR is introduced it would defiantly come in handy to have them added in. The only thing that sort of disappointed me is that pilots and crew members were using regular L85A2's, would've preferred them having the carbine version. Same with the new US pilots, I think they should've stuck with MP5s.

Regardless of what we get, I hope more than anything BI sticks with ArmA 2 for now, fixing bugs and adding new content/engine improvements before they even think about an ArmA 3. That was one of the things that sort of bothered me most, A1 was only out for two/three years before A2 came out.

It's been removed?

Edited by stupidwhitekid75

The Video is not available

ARMA2official Hello, we are sorry but the latest video introducing MP Armory was corrupted, we have to re-upload it again. It will be back soon

The only thing that I anticipate with PMC addon is the new map :)

I have to say that I am a lot more interested in the MP Armoury. And the SUV with a minigun. And the AA-12, of course. :yay:

I just hope there will be a proper EAST (Russian) version of the KA60 as well, and not just the expected WEST or RESISTANCE versions, depending on where the contractors end up.

Without a proper EAST version, it's not really possible to hook this up to maps with spawning units like for example Warfare, or am I mistaken?

I just hope there will be a proper EAST (Russian) version of the KA60 as well, and not just the expected WEST or RESISTANCE versions, depending on where the contractors end up.

Without a proper EAST version, it's not really possible to hook this up to maps with spawning units like for example Warfare, or am I mistaken?

I'm sure there will be an east version

Russia is the only country with them in service atm in the real universe

Well I thought the same about the Ural trucks, BRDM2s, BMP2, etc back in ArmA2, but there were never any Russian versions of those either.

With the focus being PMC in the DLC, the KA-60 will probably be only available for them (it appears to be belonging to them from what I can see in the trailer) in the interest of time.

I sure wish there will be one for EAST however. :)

Honestly I don't get the BIS decisions about the weaponry choosen for this PMC addon specially the XM8 - Really, BIS REALLY needs to let go the obsession they have with the XM8 - this is a canceled weapon which will never see service anywhere being it military or private military contractors and there are tons of weapons out there in the world, use or not by military forces which could be modeled for PMC more realistically!

I also don't get that Ka-60 helicopter, this helicopter is only in use with the Russian Air Force in VERY LIMITED numbers. Why not model the Mi-24 for the PMC instead?? Modeling the Mi-24 for the PMC forces have the following advantages:

1- Much more REALISTIC. Mercenary or PMC (or whatever you like to call it) companies have used the Mi-24 in real war scenarios (Sierra Leone for example).

2- Since the Mi-24 is already modeled in ArmA2/OA, only a reskin would be needed.

Again, these are my 2 cents...

Yeah but then people would complain that they were paying for re-skins instead of brand new content.

Why not model the Mi-24 for the PMC instead?? Modeling the Mi-24 for the PMC forces have the following advantages:

1- Much more REALISTIC. Mercenary or PMC (or whatever you like to call it) companies have used the Mi-24 in real war scenarios (Sierra Leone for example).

2- Since the Mi-24 is already modeled in ArmA2/OA, only a reskin would be needed.

Again, these are my 2 cents...

Yep, in Sierra Leone we had government support aviation (Hips, Hinds etc) flown by east european air crew.. we all were a little worried though as they did like a drink! (if you know what I mean..lol)

so, what we would need ANOTHER MI-24? there are Russian ones, Chernarussian (CDF, CHDKZ?), taki, and czech ones already.

the US army has a shit ton of the M8 rifle just sitting around in storage never to see the light of day. they could easily see them off to some dirty mercs.

i prefer the m8 over yet ANOTHER m4 derivative rifle that will preform exact the same as the current weapons. at least the m8 looks different

in fact, i will now advocate that BIS adds in the experimental 5,56mm "beehive" round. upon impact with its target it deploys angry bees. its true. i read it, IN A BOOK

so, what we would need ANOTHER MI-24? there are Russian ones, Chernarussian (CDF, CHDKZ?), taki, and czech ones already.

Honestly I would prefer a million times a reskined weapon or vehicle such as the Mi-24 to a new (and crappy) XM8.

the US army has a shit ton of the M8 rifle just sitting around in storage never to see the light of day. they could easily see them off to some dirty mercs.

i prefer the m8 over yet ANOTHER m4 derivative rifle that will preform exact the same as the current weapons. at least the m8 looks different

in fact, i will now advocate that BIS adds in the experimental 5,56mm "beehive" round. upon impact with its target it deploys angry bees. its true. i read it, IN A BOOK

Than why don't you go play HALO or something like that - I'm sure that game or other similar ones have plenty of weapons that "looks different" which could potentially catter you taste :rolleyes:

Anyway, ArmA is supposed to be a REALISTIC game/sim series and therefore it MUST model REALISTIC weapons (and with realistic weapons I mean used in real life!) and the XM8 is not a "realistic weapon" wether you like it or not (and wether the US Army has some in stock) since it will never see combat in real life and despite the fact that the US Army has some XM8 in stock that doesn't mean they could "easily" or ever go to some merc's hands, specially when there are so many cheaper weapons in the worldwide weapons market and some of them better than that XM8 crap, I'm pretty sure!

Something diferent like the FN 2000,FN P90, HK UMP, M14 EBR, Galil, Tavor... for me was better then a XM-8 ( COD MW2 style). And for the KA-60 , it was nice for the Russian faction.For PMC the Eurocopter AS332 Super Puma or Eurocopter AS365 Dauphin could be something diferent and more credible.

EDit: More something diferent:assault rifles Robinson Armaments M-96 ,Stery AUG, SIG SG-550 SG-551 SG-552...

Edited by upredictable

arma is realistic. not authentic. get over it.

what makes the m8 crap? all it is a re skinned modular G36. its more reliable than both the mk16 and hk416. it was canceled due to contractual issues, not technical issues.

army sells shit to other people all the damn time.

arma is realistic. not authentic. get over it.

According to this site:

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/

Authentic means:

"If something is authentic, it is real, true, or what people say it is", which according to my English it means that Authentic is basically the same thing as realistic, resuming:

Realistic = Authentic

You should "get over" to a dicionary more often ;)

what makes the m8 crap? all it is a re skinned modular G36. its more reliable than both the mk16 and hk416. it was canceled due to contractual issues, not technical issues.

army sells shit to other people all the damn time.

First the XM8 is NOT a version of the G36 - It's a Short and compact version of the G36 and that makes all the diference...

When you say that the XM8 was canceled "due to contractual issues" others may say that the XM8 being "more reliable than both the mk16 and hk416" is propaganda only! But that's a bit on the semantics part and replying to your question, the XM8 is a "crap" (note the "quotes") because it shouldn't be modeled in ArmA2 (or any other REALISTIC or AUTHENTIC game) and the reasons for this were already mencioned in my last post.

Finally, in a realistic game such as ArmA it's better to have a realistic "shit" equipment that is what's used (or will be used in a near future) by real military forces than a "good" equipment which will never see any use by military forces.

And again having a XM8 in a realistic game such as ArmA is just as realistic as the Laser guns in sci-fi games and movies. But again, that's my humble oppinion....

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

Something diferent like the FN 2000,FN P90, HK UMP, M14 EBR, Galil, Tavor... for me was better then a XM-8 ( COD MW2 style). And for the KA-60 , it was nice for the Russian faction.For PMC the Eurocopter AS332 Super Puma or Eurocopter AS365 Dauphin could be something diferent and more credible.

EDit: More something diferent:assault rifles Robinson Armaments M-96 ,Stery AUG, SIG SG-550 SG-551 SG-552...

I completly and totally agree with your post!

Stop crying over the XM8, it's a fine weapon aside from the proprietary shit HK put on it. (the melting issue was solved btw) And I personally have seen enough m4 variants in this game as it is, and as nice as it would have been to see something a like a mk18, I think BIS themselves are getting tired of modeling more m4 platform weapons. My only gripe with the XM8 being in there is...well...we had it in ArmA2 already. I would of been fine with another HK weapon series that they haven't put in like the HK416/417, or like mentioned earlier the SIG SG-5xx rifles, though I don't think I could agree about anything from RobArms.

People in here have been all HURP DERP ARMA IS REALISM, yet we've watched BIS throw in some funny choices for vehicles and weapons before just for fan-wank reasons. We've watched them take shortcuts with models that leave certain vehicles inaccurate to their real life counterparts. Also it's not like you can drag over the weapons from ArmA2CO and use them.

i'm pretty sure even if we include some new AK, FAMAS, HK, Tavor

then someone start demanding QBZ-95

You can never please" Greeks and Trojans", this is the real truth.

Edited by upredictable

i'm pretty sure even if we include some new AK, FAMAS, HK, Tavor

then someone start demanding QBZ-95

And then some addon maker will say it's already in the works, or is already made and that BIS has no reason to make it because the community already did, blah blah blah. Not to rag on the modders in this game, but just because you already made it doesn't mean BIS shouldn't do it, and vice versa, like the apache NodUnit is making. Anyone saying he shouldn't because we already have one should shut their whore mouth.