Sign in to follow this  
mondkalb

ZEUS Nam

Semispoiler:

The riddles are found on those small ruin parts scattered pretty much all over, and so far I've only found one such riddle. Fyi, when you see one for the first time, it is super obvious that the symbols are part of the riddle. Means that you're not searching for some obscurely hidden stuff within the objects main texture or anything. It is clearly visible.

Haven't tried decoding it. As with the "DLC codes", I won't spend any time on it.

And no, I won't tell where I found one. Just wanted to inform that what you're looking for is very obvious when you see it.

Hello, this looks really cool! Can the missions be played as Single Player too - would that require some special technique ?

Cheers,

OP

I had a look thru your addon and there seems to be some errors in the sound cfg's and you have a pretty extreme clutter full distance setting.A value of 15 m is way over the top m8.A value of 15 causes lag and stutters.Also the sound files are all incorrectly mixed.

I get 60 frames and run smooth with the grass off and as soon as i turn it on i get stutters.

I have tracked down the problem.It seems it is the custom ground cover and the full detail distance making the game to stutter.

I can play with my normal gfx settings but it feels a little heavy but i get no stutter whatsoever. I lowered my gfx settings a bit and now it runs perfectly, even when i spawned 150+ Vietcongs i had no problems :)

Yes, the Island requires OA.

Disabling AA and playing with less than 1.2km Viewdistance (More is not needed as to the terrain features) gives me steady 35FPS jumping occasionally up 60fps.

Berghoff optimised the vegetation with 1.20, so we can enjoy the lush environments ;) Mondkalb is one of the best addon makers and island creators (luv Celle), not to mention that he is damn fast ;)

Thanks for this great island and with nice Latin America buildings for my Lingor ;)

Very cool idea with the environment sounds, would it be cool to copy the CfgEnvSounds from your config and get sounds working on my own islands?

My comp is starting to suck and I need an upgrade as I'm only getting 20fps but that is still pretty decent.

BTW have you tried using the new buldozer settings in OA? You might be able to get smoother terrain around the rivers and streams. Anyways this is a very good quality island so keep up the good work. :)

For any of you who were thinking of or have already tried running LZ Certain death on a dedicated server a fixed version (SQM bug inherent in Unsung that was missed has been corrected): UNS CO 24 LZ Certain Death V015

Hopefully see you folk on the Zeus #2 server on Saturday for a Nam fix :)

I have a few wishes/reports.

1). This plant is seriously annoying, you can't walk through them :p

The bigger models is no problem as you can walk through them.

x28oyb.jpg

2). Maybe the rivers should be greenish/brownish rather than crystal clear, possible though :)

3). Would love to have a few more open places like LZ Fiona for custom base building.

4). Cool trenches at LZ Fiona, didn't think that was possible to do in ArmA. There's a little problem with them though, unless you crouch you can't get into them through the path designed to do so.

1.) So true... But sorting out all the smaller ones of them will take ages and thus is very unlikely that I'll find the nerve of doing that...

2.) There are a few River-Color mods out there. The one I'm using is from VTE. @Znam (Get it via Yoma, www.zeus-community.net/nam) contains it.

The problem is: River color can only be changed globally, meaning that if people have my Island installed, all islands would use brown water. I.e Chernarus.

I really considered including this feature into the island, but then decided against it.

3.) There are a few big open spaces scattered around the island. Many smaller open areas don't show on the map due to the "Forrest-forms-to-a-green-blob-on-map"-Feature.

4.) Try stepping over it. It's a bug caused by "steep" transitions between Object's roadway-LOD and the Terrain. This bug is also noticeable when walking onto rocks on Takistan. I really can't influence this directly, though making the trench-terrain deeper may solve this issue. I'll have a look into.

Thanks for the feedback. It's already noted down besides ANZACSteve's feedback on my update-list.

Currently I'm having some experiments with animations to bring some random frogs onto the island.

1.) So true... But sorting out all the smaller ones of them will take ages and thus is very unlikely that I'll find the nerve of doing that...

Ohh okay, i just thought that bush had a certain "classname" or whatever it's called which you could remove. Well no problem, eventually i'll learn no navigate around them :p

2.) There are a few River-Color mods out there. The one I'm using is from VTE. @Znam (Get it via Yoma, www.zeus-community.net/nam) contains it.

The problem is: River color can only be changed globally, meaning that if people have my Island installed, all islands would use brown water. I.e Chernarus.

I really considered including this feature into the island, but then decided against it.

Yeah i remember that being discussed in regard of another island. Personally i doesn't really bother me but someone else mentioned it and i thought i would bring it here :)

3.) There are a few big open spaces scattered around the island. Many smaller open areas don't show on the map due to the "Forrest-forms-to-a-green-blob-on-map"-Feature.

Ok, i might take a flight over the island and try spot them. I hope they are without bushes and with that brownish/redish dirt ground texture, it's great for bases/bunkers.

4.) Try stepping over it. It's a bug caused by "steep" transitions between Object's roadway-LOD and the Terrain. This bug is also noticeable when walking onto rocks on Takistan. I really can't influence this directly, though making the trench-terrain deeper may solve this issue. I'll have a look into.

It's working fine when crouching while entering them so i'll just do that if needed :)

Currently I'm having some experiments with animations to bring some random frogs onto the island.

That sounds cool :cool:

Very, very, very good looking jungle map ! :clap: :clap: I spend for over 1 hour just walking around, looking everywhere, just admiring the graphic quality of your map and how you "arranged" the terrain. My only regret is that there's no airfield (which could limits a little bit mission scenarios). Have you planned to put one ? A dirt earth runaway, may be ? (say "yes", please :pray: )

the best map ever! so realistic...i love it<3

now that i've walked about every inch of the map i have one problem. the riddle...just need to figure out the language. i got few ideas what it might be, hopefully some of you will figure it out.

Fantastic island :thumb: The enviromental sounds are top notch and I love the change between night and day sounds.

The darkness at night is excellent too and with ace NVG's set at 100 sensitivity it's still pretty damn dark. Is that a feature you incorporated? If so I'm loving it :cool:

map crashes game, :( thats just too bad.

Was looking forward to this map.

I have African foliage, still crashes. :(:(:(:(

map crashes game, :( thats just too bad.

Was looking forward to this map.

I have African foliage, still crashes. :(:(:(:(

WOW now thats a quality post.....

How about providing a little feedback as far as your system, other addons, and whatnot.

How is he supposed to fix it without any information.

think before you post crap like this.

Took a flight and a longer walk near the villages and the rivers (found the waterfall by accident) - its awesome. I agree with others, the visibility is perfectly balanced: its jungle, but you can still see movements in there. Thank you for this island! :)

Only letdown are the random birds: too loud, too annoying. Are those even real birds? I remember similar sounds were used in Vietcong games, but i think those were VCs using bird sounds for signals. EEK EEK! :D

Hi Mondkalb

had my first extensive look at this jewel yesterday. Outstanding map. Gameplay is very fluent for me. Visibility is great.

Keep it up. All maps you made so far are of high quality.:D

Thanks for sharing.

kind regards

Here are - so far - the updates I'll be working on next weekend.

• Add more open areas
  • River color
  • Frogs
  • Clutter tweaks
  • Forest-sound-tweaks
  • Trench-tweaks

Here are - so far - the updates I'll be working on next weekend.

• Add more open areas
  • River color
  • Frogs
  • Clutter tweaks
  • Forest-sound-tweaks
  • Trench-tweaks

That sounds great, your map is already very playable but tweaking it never hurts :cool:

Edited by JW Custom

@Mondkalb: really looking forward to this. Brings back great memories of Pteranadon's Vietcong. BTW couldn't help noticing that your Q6600 at 2.4 GHz is kinda slow, prolly bottle-necking your 4870. So maybe you wanna try pushing her slightly. Most Q6600 can easily hit 2.6-2.8 on air, 3.0 if you're lucky. An extra 20-30% doesn't sound like much, but trust me, it makes an enormous difference. Especially with A2.

@Daniel: "frogs" that's no way to speak about the old colonial masters. Typical Roast Beef ;)

BTW couldn't help noticing that your Q6600 at 2.4 GHz is kinda slow, prolly bottle-necking your 4870. So maybe you wanna try pushing her slightly. Most Q6600 can easily hit 2.6-2.8 on air, 3.0 if you're lucky. An extra 20-30% doesn't sound like much, but trust me, it makes an enormous difference. Especially with A2.

It barely makes any difference If i run my Core i7 920 @ 2.6ghz or 3.6ghz in arma!

We played Operation Dawn Breaker four times tonight, still haven't beaten it. Good job on the mission JW and good job on the island mondy.

Great job, I love the night sounds!!

What do you guys normally have your view distance set to when you play on this island?

Edited by stevedrumsdw