Sign in to follow this  
mondkalb

ZEUS Nam

Mondkalb: if possible can you supply a list of tree vegetation object class names? I'd like to add them to the JTD Fire & Smoke vegetation class array for fires :)

It's Berghoff's vegetation.

Afaik they don't have any config entries. Just DePbo the file and see what you can get from the .p3d names.

Awesome map my friend, i have installed it along with the vegetation requirements .. does it need the missions to be able to explore in say the Armory ? the game doesn't show the map as an option for the armory ??

any help would be great as looking forward to exploring this map.

No, currently there is no Support for the Armory.

Just hop into the editor and explore or get some of your friends together and play UNS Co 06 Escape, if you'd like exploring the map hardcore-style.

Great Map Mondkalb,

is that right i need OA to play this island ? when i start arma2 normal comes a error message the island need version 1.5 :(

It's Berghoff's vegetation.

Afaik they don't have any config entries. Just DePbo the file and see what you can get from the .p3d names.

.P3D names, of course :) it's the P3D names that the FAS addon works off, so I should have said that. :)

I'll do that, but it makes it rather more involved if I can't tell small plants from larger trees by name, is all.

Here's the list:

brg_jungle_tree_canopy_1

brg_jungle_tree_canopy_2

brg_jungle_tree_oldtwisted

brg_cocunutpalm1 ... brg_cocunutpalm7

brg_jungle_shrub_1 ... brg_jungle_shrub_5

brg_banana_1 ... brg_banana_4

brg_baobab_1

That should be roughly all big trees I used. But you really should include all of that pack, as my Island isn't the only one using brg_africa.

Meanwhile:

ZEUS is going to have another Vietnam Night this Saturday.

If you're interested, read further details at www.zeus-community.net/nam.

Edit: Just if anyone is wondering why the missions throw so many errors. Its all because of UNSUNG's untidy Config work.

Edited by Mondkalb

Here's the list:

brg_jungle_tree_canopy_1

brg_jungle_tree_canopy_2

brg_jungle_tree_oldtwisted

brg_cocunutpalm1 ... brg_cocunutpalm7

brg_jungle_shrub_1 ... brg_jungle_shrub_5

brg_banana_1 ... brg_banana_4

brg_baobab_1

That should be roughly all big trees I used. But you really should include all of that pack, as my Island isn't the only one using brg_africa.

Meanwhile:

ZEUS is going to have another Vietnam Night this Saturday.

If you're interested, read further details at www.zeus-community.net/nam.

Edit: Just if anyone is wondering why the missions throw so many errors. Its all because of UNSUNG's untidy Config work.

Thanks for the info :)

At the risk of derailing this further (I do intend to use this map later on tonight ;)) is there any visual resource that displays the BRG vegetation so I can make a rough assessment of whether any particular veg is large enough to be regarded as a forest burn hazard? I try to prune out the smaller bushes as otherwise the fires really do burn out of all control. Larger bushes usually make it in :)

Just took a quick run and i must say you have done a great job. It looks pretty "junglish" without being over cluttered, you can even go prone and still being able to actually see what your shooting at :yay:

Only "bad" thing is that it feels a bit heavy, but it's worth it all the way and i just lowered my settings a bit so no problems :)

Bloody marvelous!... playing the missions with all that constant ambient background noise is just awesome mate.. thanks for this..

Hmm, the ambient background noise was the first thing that "got to me".

* For the ambiance loops to "contain that much definition" (versus the basic wind noise that is normally used), they need to be a lot longer and contain a lot more variation.

* Some of the animal sounds (those that are played randomly) needs to be seriously toned down in sample volume. Also, where are the birds?

* The rain doesn't sound convincing for a jungle (or woods) setting. I have good sounds for this purpose, but also mine goes bleh once converted to mono.

* Volumes suffer the "pause problem". If you use another application and switch back, all volumes are in the extremely loud range, which will then fade back to normal volumes in time. I tend to run into this problem myself when I have too much going on (like adding a tonne of animals as cfgEnv sounds). I'm no expert at this (just learning the config part myself, but I have some background with sounds), but it sounds like the volumes are too high in definition, exceeding 1 in total... Or something... Hard to explain.

Again, I'm very much into sounds, so don't get upset because of my criticism, I'm hoping it has a constructive feel to it.

As for the rest, I'm pretty much impressed. Especially the ground foilage and undergrowth seems balanced. Enough to make it feel like a jungle, but not so much that the jungle is so dense it prevents actually playing in it. Unlike the real world, we don't have much options to "prep" a firing position. Some things I noticed:

* AI doesn't like bridges. I'm guessing that's not a surprise ;)

* The river is ok to have deep enough to cause swimming, but the ponds shouldn't (AI again).

* The map y coordinates go the wrong way (like Chernarus, but unlike Takistan). The Takistan way is the correct one. Also y has arbitrary offset, while x doesn't (starts at 0). Never understood why this is so often used.

* AI gets stuck often in those canal thingies in villages.

* I would love improvements to the river. Wider. Multiple lanes (gives more tactical choices). And more of the stuff seen at the eastern edge, where you're in some sort of swamp where you can still use boat even if not in the river anymore. Boating in trees was nice :)

* Problem in the same area where surface above river is still textured like a river.

All in all I think it is a great little jungle map. 5x5km may be too small to support heavy use of combined arms, but I think it has potential for some nice infantry missions (which is what I prefer). It could use some more locations and settled areas, maybe some temple ruins and stuff like that. But I guess the workload would skyrocket for those things.

Especially the ground foilage and undergrowth seems balanced. Enough to make it feel like a jungle, but not so much that the jungle is so dense it prevents actually playing in it.

Exactly, this is a very important factor for me and this map got a great balance :thumb:

Played around on it for a bit, really like the sounds and enviroment in general. Sounds could use a little tweaking as mentioned. Really good stuff though, very well balanced object density/clutter. This will be a great map for small unit play and the like.

Great work Mondkalb, very much appreciated. :D

Where is this waterfall and where can I find this riddle? :p

Thanks to all of you!

One waterfall can be found a at the end of the little stream.

And the riddles... well... you gotta check some ruins, I guess...

I found the Waterfall at the end of the stream :D

Very cool!

Still looking for the riddles.

seriously dude , it's freakin awesome ... great job this! fps is great for me, no complaints here . and no suggestions , you added in every darn thing i could think of :)

Hi m8,

Glad to see you got your env sounds going.

I had a look thru your addon and there seems to be some errors in the sound cfg's and you have a pretty extreme clutter full distance setting.A value of 15 m is way over the top m8.A value of 15 causes lag and stutters.Also the sound files are all incorrectly mixed.

I get 60 frames and run smooth with the grass off and as soon as i turn it on i get stutters.

I have tracked down the problem.It seems it is the custom ground cover and the full detail distance making the game to stutter.

So , well done but you need to fix these issues and it will be excellent.

Thats my feedback.

Your polite feedback towards the unsung cfg problems would be nice.I have spent alot of time on unsung and dont appreciate ppl having a go at my work considering i just took a moment out of my day to help you with your mod.

hey Mondkalb,

i become this error message when i start your island

Add-on MBG_Nam_C requires version 1.5

is that true i need OA for this map?