Sign in to follow this  
3dartist

Tu-95MS

:pc::pc::pc:jesus even the logo is awesom lol

The thought of carpet bombing the entire island of Utes with those Bear bombers is giving me goosebumps. :D

Hi all,

I have finally got my rig stable & fastest internet.

===============================================

SERVER RIG:

CPU: 2x Xeon E5620 3.2Ghz (overclocked)

MOBO: EVGA Super Record 2

RAM: 48GB DDR3 1033MHz

GPU: 2x GTX580 SLi

A2 Hard drive: SSD W/R speeds = 550/500 MB/s

PSU: 1500W

Internet: D/U speeds = 120/10 Mbit/s

On 02.06.2011 i`m going to start my server(server info below):

Dedicated Server INFO:

Name: EPIC WARFARE PVP / !! Arma2 + Arma2OA !! required

IP: 192.168.178.10 or 83.80.173.234

Port: 2302

Mission: EPIC Warfare Takistan v1.0 !MAXIMUM PVP action!

REQUIRED: Arma 2 original + Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead are MUST HAVE

BattleEye = ON

Stable Server FPS = 46

In case if you wont be able to find it by IP just type in search word "EPIC"

Server start time:

Europe(Germany/Netherlands): 18:00

Russia(Moscow): 20:00

USA(New York): 12:00 midday

I need as much player as i can find to try load my machine on full capacity.

As more players will join as better it is.

You are free to have your mods "ON".

MISSION INFO:

It`s going to be a Takistan PVP mission you`re still able to buy AI units and any types of vehicles.

You`ll have enough money to buy yourself jets or what ever vehicles from the mission start =)

Overall mission is better than Benny`s Warfare or Gossamer`s Warfare, it`s much more fun and minimum restrictions/limitations.

Mission has been reworked towards HARDCORE SIM gamers but then with LOTS of FUN & less time consuming,this means you don`t have to play for 6 hours to get a rank to finally do stuff you wanted to do from beginning.

You are not forced to go and capture towns before starting PVP battle, you`re free to do what ever you want & the way you want it to be done.

Also please reply here if you`re going to JOIN:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=120079

Please JOIN server and lets have some crazy PVP FUN!!

P.S. My Rig have enough power to let me work on Tu-95 and run server at the same time without players experiencing any lag.

Edited by 3DArtist

Hi there iv'e been following your work for months now it's amazing but like all those greedy peeps on the forums i hate to say it, but whats happenen with it , is it scraped or just on the back burner . i know that life get in the way and if i could do what you do i would but you have real talent and you should'nt waste it by letting this addon collect dust . i hope yours still doing it if so good luck with it .

For all who wondering what happened to it, apparently he finished but he has decided to put the model for sale.

(From flashpoint.ru)

For all who wondering what happened to it, apparently he finished but he has decided to put the model for sale.

(From flashpoint.ru)

I`m gonna sale this model at turbosquid later for people who want to use it in their cg movies , the arma community will get it for free anyway :) except that textures 12k are not support in game so i won`t includ them in arma 2 package if they were supported arma2 community would get it for free as i said ,let say arma 2 will get the best/most of Tu-95MS as long as it will work properly/optimized ingame, i`m placing always my final stuff on turbosquid there are lots of studios and people who buy for using it in their projects , like Ka-50 got sold for about 7 times and it brings me some small income that help me in some situations realy much if im running out of money lol :) I`m a student yet not a 24/7 Pro worker :)

He never kept that hidden.

Abs

He never kept that hidden.

Abs

Ah then we should see it soon here if its already on turbosquid.

if its already on turbosquid.

it isn't

very nice very very nice after USAF B-52 its good to be an russian Bear Serbia4ever

it isn't

Currently texturing Mi-24, have to finish it first due to that model is much older than Tu-95,have created my Mi-24 so long ago and just cant stand the fact it`s not finished yet, gonna start working on Tu-95 soon.

18127134.th.png35300408.th.png91792102.th.png13396471.th.png71025145.th.png

Edited by 3DArtist

Very nice work with the Hind! Are you going to have the rocket pods and ordinance mount via proxies? :D

pleasesayyespleasesayyespleasesayyes

Very nice work with the Hind! Are you going to have the rocket pods and ordinance mount via proxies? :D

pleasesayyespleasesayyespleasesayyes

The hind is not ment to make it to the game, it`s just going to be used in CG. Polycounts are to high for Arma 2. Hind was made with an idea in mind to make the most detailed model available at the moment on the internet.

It is a nice model, 3dArtist. However, if it's not going to be in the game, the WIPs don't belong in the Addons section. If we could keep this topic to discussing the Tu-95, or, failing that, your addons in general, I would appreciate it. Showing tantalizing pictures of models and such leads inevitably (and naturally) to thread derailment and other spam.

The hind is not ment to make it to the game, it`s just going to be used in CG. Polycounts are to high for Arma 2. Hind was made with an idea in mind to make the most detailed model available at the moment on the internet.

Have you any plans for bringing less-poly variant of this Hind in Mi-24VP or -35M versions?

It is nice to know that you are still working on the Bear :) Will the final model still include the pieces for a broken wreckage?

It is nice to know that you are still working on the Bear :) Will the final model still include the pieces for a broken wreckage?

I would say "yes", but because i`m not the one who`s going to implement Tu-95 into arma due to that i`m not familar with Buldozer :) Anyway i will make sure i will handle over wreck meshes with main model aswell, if it`s possible to implement-it will be implemented :)

Hind is not going to make it to the game, i spoke of it just to let you know what are the reasons for holdup with Tu-95.

While you're looking at it, you may want to see if you want to implement CSJ's damage model, and plan yours accordingly. :)

Abs

While you're looking at it, you may want to see if you want to implement CSJ's damage model, and plan yours accordingly. :)

Abs

Awesome that's something i've been looking for since i started to work on Tu-95. I hope it will be applied to Tu-95 when it will be imported into a game. But i like this damage alot!

Making a "total wreck" model (as appears on ground) for use in ArmA is easy (its simply a whole separate model), the problem is a "damage system" that happens in steps between "fully alive" and "fully dead".

BIS doesn't have one. (Well, vehicles can have glass damage and tyres damaged in steps, but thats about all)

Hence CSJ's system in TheFew (which isn't perfect, but works well enough for some WWII planes).

In the CSJ system the 3d model has to have various named sections that "disappear" or "fall off" the orignal model (as it takes damage, sections made invisible).

Extra 3d models are then made for the bits that "fall off", like wings (spawn a "wing" object where the wing used to be).

Can you please post the link for your demo video on CSJ damage system in YouTube, Gnat? For some reason I can't find it anymore.

What I hope for is a set of separate wreck parts as statics, so I can put them on the map, add some fire & lots of smoke so that the mission... Ahh, but I digress. Just think about making static wreck pieces, 3D please ; )

Can't see them myself, but its virtually the same as the effects you see in recent videos I've made.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnat666x

Wings breaking off is the main break fx. The wings themselves are objects and can hit/lay on the ground and can burn as well.

If you want to make extra textures with transparent bits, you can also make "holes" appear in your aircraft also.

I have too much trouble making those textures myself.